Reasons Why Evolution Is Impossible

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by smokedoggydogg, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #41 Dro Smoe, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013

I feel ya bro... Personally, I had no faith my entire life.. Grew up in a house where my mother and I used to do pills and snort powder together.. You could imagine where that led lol . .. After a few years of perks, eventually shootin dope and smokin rock I reached my breakin point.. Went to a rehab and somebody handed me a Bible... Grew up Catholic but honestly couldn't give a crap less, and hated going to church.. All I can say is that when I started reading the Bible crazy stuff started to happen (pm me if interested). After that I went home got back into the old life and stopped reading.. For some reason after a week or two of shootin up again I just got sick of it and started reading again(crazy right??).. Never touched it since - going on 5 years sober..  I don't know everything when it comes to all the debates and what have you, all I know is what worked for me.. After a year or so of following God (reading, prayer,  going to a Christian church - just found the catholic church to be ironically far from what Jesus taught) I just couldn't ignore the inner peace and feelings of absolute euphoria I felt when prayin dude, No bs- there were times in prayer when I felt like i just pulled a needle outta my arm.. It's inexplainable..  I could totally feel ya with your statement  " believe in some old guy floating in the clouds"  
    because I saw no evidence or proof of God in my life, and the stories DO seem far fetched.. The only reason I believe the things I read in the Bible now a days is because of the profound change it's had on mine and my wife's life.. To me there is nothing better than result oriented beliefs.. 

Then there were other times when I'd just get the urge to write stuff while I was praying.. I dunno dude: stuff that I have never thought of in my life (not after a blunt neither lol). I would read it afterwards and say, who the heck wrote this?!? lol  . . If your interested i'll post some of the stuff or pm - if not that's cool too bro..  To break this long monotonous story down : I could feel and see a difference in my attitude and my inner peace.. I could see a tangible difference in the world around me.. So is somebody supposed to ignore that stuff? Or take it for what it is? Before seeking God I never saw or felt a thing in reference to Him.. But a few months of committing to following Him I couldn't help but feel and see His work all around me.. Literally having prayers being answered!! Keep in mind, your relationship to God is your call dude- If you don't believe in Him, that's all good too man.. Who am I to try to force anything on you, or tell you that you're an idiot for not believing? That's not my call dude, and none of my business for all I'm concerned.. All I could do is tell you how much it changed me and my life, and if it intrigues you, you'll check it out, if not oh well ya know... Just don't see why people gotta get all crazy and attack something that has done so much for so many people.. To me that's inconsiderate, and just plain old arrogant.. Keep in mind I recognize the bondage and foolish crap that religion has done to many! - That's why a relationship with God is all I sought, not religion man.. 

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. And your evidence for "god" is where buddy?
    Someone else can answer your question, I just wanna know what makes you think there's a god?

I used to believe in that kinda shit, someone created us outta love, created the whole planet, all the animals, everything. Well at least I was feeling that anyway.
    But "god" has fucked my family over too many times for me to believe that shit anymore.

Like I said, I'm not exactly sure what I believe but its not that story.

We are animals, we live and then we die. We rot back into the ground. I know that for sure.

3. #43 Dro Smoe, Sep 19, 2013
    To me the evidence was in my internal feelings of peace and euphoria that put heroin to shame (edit: this is coming from a guy that used to steal, cheat and lie on a daily basis).. The change in the way I actually saw the world and stuff going on around me.. My not wanting a full bottle of z's that I somehow found in the rehab that i was in, the day after I read the Bible.. My midnight decision to return to the rehab I just left because I wanted to go home and get high (longggg storry) ... Just a lotttt of coincidences that couldn't be coincidences... I could tell you the stories if you really care to hear them.. Keep in mind if you're gonna believe in God you need to accept the whole picture.. Not following God allows satan into your life dude.. God is not the author of pain and suffering, He just works with the mess that we've gotten ourselves into (myself in particularly). 
    "We are animals, we live and then we die. We rot back into the ground. I know that for sure."

I'm just curious how you know that for sure.. could you show me the proof that led you to that? Honestly interested... 
    Keep in mind bro.. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, that's your call bro, and to be honest I'm not losing any sleep over it.. Just sucks that not everybody could experience the absolute peace and happiness that comes along with it is all.. It's just crazy ...

4. i dont have to prove anything its all out there do your own research. Im busy trimming big ganja trees and smoking out. No time for frivolous internet argument sorry

5. Well I'm glad something solid in your life helped you over come your rough beginning man. I'll probably pm ya in a min.

I've been to church, I've read a good chunk of the bible. Don't get me wrong, I didn't read it because I was in a bad place or looking for guidance. Well maybe some guidance, I was 16.

And its good you went looking for god instead of religion. Organized religion is some shit man.

6. Second of all Im no atheist either. Im more agnostic then anything.

7. See gents, that's the kind of stuff i'm talking about ^^^^^^^ .. Its awesome to be able to bs even though we don't agree with it all.. To me it's about life experience.. no need to jump down each others throats.. Just roll one up, and converse a little..   :smoking:

8. I'm at peace man. No sleep loss here from some online bull shit either ahahaha.

You want proof, go dig up a casket, gonna be a rotten person inside.

So you truly believe some old guy created us and there's a Satan, horns and everything? Satan is just gods scapegoat for when shit goes bad or people can blame him for the bad shit they do. If a being had enough power to make the planet and everything on it, I'm pretty sure he'd get rid of Satan, I mean after all he'd have created him. Or better yet, god would have known that, that specific angel would fall, so wouldn't he just not create it to begin with? Shit just isn't real to me man.

If god doesn't exist to me, Satan doesn't exist either man. I mean really, they can both kiss my ass.

9. #49 Dro Smoe, Sep 19, 2013

I feel ya brother.. And naturally if God doesn't exist to you, why would satan? Makes sense dude.. The reason I believe in satan comes back to the man I became when smoking crack.. Just straight up evil bro.. That's the first time I ever really saw pure evil in myself.. had to originate from somewhere imo.. I just don't get how a processed substance could create evil in someone unless the substance itself is evil.. (we read a lot about black masses being held over cocaine etc..)  Yea i feel ya, bodies rot no doubt lol . . .But there's no evidence of the soul being destroyed.. so again, we're talkin about faith in our beliefs.. If we're all just bodies that are ticking, what differentiates our thought processes and desires from one another, and where do the out in left field thoughts come from? As we see in animals, they have two things in mind (for the most part) eat, and reproduce.. It's amazing how all our bodies are biologically the same, but our minds are so drastically different.. To me that's proof of an internal soul, or being that makes us all unique, feel me? 

10. it seems the good ol "loving Christian" OP is gone. What a shocker.

He was equating evolution with atheism, which ignores all the religious people who study and accept it.

Oh, brother.

11. ^^ lol banned for some reason.. can't find the post, you? 

12. returned banned troll guys..
    I bet your surprised..lmao

• Like Like x 1
  13. Can I see your video evidence of this god you speak of? Theres math and science that back up that theory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Oh, troll thread...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. How do we know other animals don't feel things we do? Maybe I'm not understanding what you're getting at with that one. I've seen other animals feel remorse.
    I feel you on we are all unique. I think a soul or a conscience is something we make up in our head. There's no proof of souls so don't know how I can tell you its destroyed if it never existed.
    As for feeling the evil that originated from you when you on rock I'd imagine that was the rock doing that to you. Drugs let your mind run wild with thoughts man.

16. "I used to be all messed up on drugs. Now I'm all messed up on the Lord"  - Tommy Chong

Just substituting one drug for another, basically.

17. Yessir. I used to have an alcoholic uncle, now he just gets drunk on god.
    To each their own, as long as they aren't shoving their views down my throat.

I noticed that a lot of them make a point to say things like "I was a huge sinner! I was running wild stealing, fighting, doing drugs until I found the Lord!"

It doesn't relate to people like me who never "ran wild" and still don't believe in God.

19. Evolution is the adaptation of an organism to its environment over hundreds of thousands of years. None of those arguments say anything about evolution

20. Some folks are not strong enough to stand alone.
    These folks need the thought of God to get thru life.
    To me it seems understandable, life can be a bitch....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.