White Widow x Big Bud 400w First Timer

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 06yamahar1, Sep 18, 2013.

1. yeah man i used a mh, def wasnt the best it could be because i only have the cheapo ipower bulbs that only pur out 35k lumens, im going to be upgrading to 55k mh/hps bulbs next go around. i hope i see a nice increase

2. The thing I get dealing with dif strains at the same time is that they all ask for dif strengths, every time my girls start yellowing I always up the nutes, I'm using coco also as well as hydro,day or two always comes good,I like to push them so I get tip burn maybe little taco back off a little and should be perfect.
    We'll my power bills been ok not to high, I always watch how I use my cycles, make the lights work together with dif cycles. I wouldn't worry about going from a 400w to a 600w.

3. i tried doing the same, she started to get yellow and i add nutes, and it ends up burning the tips but the leaves never turn dark green...is that possibly bad PH? i dont know what my PH is, i dont have test strips, i just use tap water and let it sit for over 24 hours before i mix the nutes and water them

4. i havnt posted any updates lately because im too embarrassed for you guys to see this thing the way it sits :-( the thing i dont understand is i feed both the big plant, and the two clones the same exact water, and the clones are nice and dark green but the big "mother" is all pale green/yellow, i just cant figure it out

5. Soil? I had the same issue with my bagseed.... But my new seeds are in a diff soil and more lights haha. Haven't given sweet fa mutes and they are singing a long

Sent from a large dark place on the internet...

6. Oh yeh, that's like cooking a steak without a fry pan, def need to check your ph. Mate I always have 2 ph pens,1 as back up, think I paid $8 for it. My ph from the tap is 7-7.2, you will get lock out over 6.6, google the chart u will see. also I was using cheap 2part nutes, I was getting same never lush green, then I changed to canna much better but I was still getting little dif, so the last month I spent the $s on advance nutrients and I can't believe how much better,real lush green healthy looking girls, I use 3 part in my hydro, and I use 2 part jungle juice for coco, and in both grows the girls are 50% better.
    At the end of the day your only going to get out of it what u put in, if u get everything working correct it will show on the final product.

7. Oh yeh, that's like cooking a steak without a fry pan, def need to check your ph. Mate I always have 2 ph pens,1 as back up, think I paid $8 for it. My ph from the tap is 7-7.2, you will get lock out over 6.6, google the chart u will see. also I was using cheap 2part nutes, I was getting same never lush green, then I changed to canna much better but I was still getting little dif, so the last month I spent the $s on advance nutrients and I can't believe how much better,real lush green healthy looking girls, I use 3 part in my hydro, and I use 2 part jungle juice for coco, and in both grows the girls are 50% better.
    At the end of the day your only going to get out of it what u put in, if u get everything working correct it will show on the final product.

8. ill have to go get some test strips and ph up and down, i didnt realize it was that critical. but for now, heres some update pics, kinda hard to tell just how yellow they are under the hps

10.30.131.jpg
    10.30.132.jpg
    10.30.133.jpg

9. dude dont be embarrassed everyone's here to help :),  if you got time try and put some pictures up of them outside the tent so we can get a better idea of what it could be. 

Yeah, dude. There is enough people on here that you shouldn't have to walk away scratching your head. Just give lots of details, and post some pics. I'm sure we can figure it out!

11. thanks guys, ill post some pictures later on tonight when i get home from work, ill pull them outta the hps and into some better light and see what you guys think

12. Hey mate How's it going?

13. I'm growing white widow x bigbud also... Very nice plant to grow here's a few pic taken today I think I'm 7 weeks into flower lost count...

14. Sry did not post the pics

Attached Files:

15. Holy balls, dude. That is a really cool CFL setup. Very nice looking colas. Great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. [quote name="marijananonymous" post="18997918" timestamp="1384658325"]Holy balls, dude. That is a really cool CFL setup. Very nice looking colas. Great work!

Thanks alot ... I'm thinking maybe next week I might make the chop...

17. hey everyone, sorry about the silence lately. ive been really busy. just bought a new 4 wheeler and been working on getting it to run right. but anyhow....ITS CHOP TIME! im literally in the process of it right now, heres a quick pic of the smallest plant (clone)
    alldone.jpg

18. does or hood have glass? If it doesn't u won't be cleaning or air with the filter?