Which costs more money in the long run, dabs or weed?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jujudabz, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Wax will last longer because you use alot less to get high, but bho will shoot your tolerance up quick, at least for me it did. So I like to switch off between bud and concentrates.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I think it all depends how much you smoke and what your tolerance gets like/is.

But I have to say concentrates last longer than tree for me.

3. Dabbing ONLY if you have a really cheap flower connect for high quality shit, and are doing the runs yourself.

I mean I mostly only smoke glass and go through at least a gram a day of flower, more if I wanna get legitimately stoned not just buzzed. So dabs would be much cheaper in my case cause 1 or 2 is plenty.

4. I was told you get about 10% return when you do a BHO run. So you need 10 grams to make 1 gram of dabs. 10 Grams of bud costs between $120 - $150 depending on where you live, 1 gram of BHO costs between $50 - $70 street value. Seems to me you would save a ton of money buying dabs rather than making them yourself or trying to smoke an equivilent of bud.

Dabs are a waste of money to make and try to sell. Thats like finishing a plant then throwing half in the garbage.

5. money wise, just buy some weed and smoke out of a bong, not a joint. wax is cool but not money efficient.

6. Shit dude, I'm paying $30/g and that's the most expensive stuff around. But it's also the best.

You only get 10% back with Shake and trim. You generally get double that when using buds.

#dailydabber

7. Don't waste you money on a pen bro! Get a rig

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. This is probably the wrong place to post this.

I am new into dabs. I've been smoking all of my life, and for me, this is defnitely the way to go. I don't want to only only dabs though, because everyone is right. It messes up tolerance level to th max.

I like to dab at night because by then it seems like I can't catch a buzz just smoking or vaping.

What is the best way to do this. I have a pipe and the nail but I hate the torch. What are these pens everyone is talking about. Where do I get one. The oil isn't runny like hash oil of  my prior teen years. this is chunky which is I guess what you guys are calling wax. Can someone help me out?

9. #29 Nugtone, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    Everyone saying wax isn't efficient, is probably just paying a bad price. Wax will last you longer, Period. The amount of bud that went into making the gram of wax you pay for, is more than you would get just buying bud. If you're the type of person that smokes a blunt, or gram etc, every time they smoke, then dabs will be more efficient. 

Edit: Unless all you can find is shitty home-made oil, in which case I'd stick to bud because a lot of people don't know what the hell they're doing when it comes to concentrates.

10. It's about equal haha

11. Dabs would be the way to go, but get a rig!! Clouds are nice and everything but trust me, don't do it. Get a rig. It doesn't smell much so don't talk about the stealth factor. If you're all about conserving do dabs, do it.

12. Don't do it, they aren't worth it. It vaporizes it, but there's a coil in all oil vapes which basically makes them fake. There's a reason you use a torch and not a lighter, because the coils don't get hot enough for dabs. I feel like you're talking about hash, that's why you're having a bad experience

13. I think it depends on the person. On paper it's all nice, a dab > bud. 
    One dab > one small joint? 
    …but I would not be able to have just one dab if I was purchasing concentrates. That's why I'm happy with my bud.

14. #34 Deleted member 616232, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    Nope, this is not hash. I know the difference. My dealer is actually who hooked me up with my oil rig. It basically looks like a pipe but instead of where the bowl goes, the nail goes there. After it's torched and red hot, the BHO is dropped onto the nail. I guess from other threads I've read, this is the most efficient way to do this. I just can't seem to do it by myself. I can't drop the dab, put the collar on around the nail and hit it quick enough before the nail cools off. My friend helps me. 2 hits and I feel way better than an entire joint.

It's only $20 a gram here and 2 grams will last me a month but I smoke and vape bud all day long and just do this in the evenings.

15. Dabs are way fucking cheaper, are you kidding? I smoked a quarter of bud a week....only smoke a gram of oil a week. Saves me anywhere from $40 to $80 a month! If your cannabis tolerance is high enough to where you can enjoy a dab, then it will probably be cheaper for you than bud

16. I can get 2 OZ's of Shake for $50 (I'm in CO)

I grind it all up and use it to vaporize.

And yet still I want to go to dabs.

I can always vaporize for a good buzz, but it would just take too many bowls to be "there"

and by "there" I mean the "there" with No paranoia/anxiety, feels like you're in total control, Omniscience, whatever you want to call it.

Apparently Dabs will get you there.

So in a rambled way I'm saying, if you like feelin' the healin' whenever you need it: Flower, Vape
    If you want to be "There" on the weekends, at night, Right before your boring corporate slave job, etc., : Wax/Oil

Also, I have the crappy SSV pen and I want to find "Oil Oil" not "Wax Oil" or "Melted Wax" haha or "Earwax"
    I mean Oil Oil that comes in a syringe, droplet bottle, etc, then What should I ask for?

17. if you make your own bho it comes out a lottt less expensive!
    A pen is the way to go for smoking it, so much less time spent heating up nails
    Plus you can just be walking down the street, decide you want to trip, take out your pen and take a dab

What in the world are you ever going to pay $30/g for? That's the most ridiculous price I've ever seen, you're getting scammed man. 

19. In my experience, that stuff is usually garbage.

20. Wax last me way longer than weed but i only smoke in the evenings when im of work till about 12 at night and 1 gram of wax will last me about a week and a half and a gram of weed most likely only one day lol but it does depends on prices i dont pay more than 20 a gram but i do have advantages living in the golden state and its up to your tolerance