How do you deal with college/work/life stress? (besides toking)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by WoodHouse, Sep 17, 2013.

1. i schedule everything but still maintain flexibility

it's really all about managing your time

2. A Bowl usually helps..

3. weed for me

Yeah well we could all be losers and just deal drugs for a living but that doesn't get you a career man.

I try to exercise alot, hit the bars when i can afford it, and play video games to relax.

5. Don't take life too seriously. When you realize it's stupid you'll learn to be happy

6. If you have a problem understanding or grasping the concept/material, why don't you visit your math professor and express your difficulty with the issue? Also if you have a tutoring center, visit those. I'm not coherent in my math as I used to be but it was because I was placed in the Special Ed curriculum (long story) so I'm backwards when it comes to algebraic expressions and recently in my class, we're going over factoring. 

You do notice that there's two type of stress right? Eustress - which is good stress you receive from a pleasant source and distress - bad stress that can escalate into long term. 

7. Really getting fed up with this school shit.  At least I'm in my 2nd semester of Junior year.  I thought last semester was one of my hardest I've had in college, thought this semester may be better but it's not at all.  100x harder.

So much to do it's nuts.   My 300 level history class is ridiculous the way it's taught.  5 books to read, other class I have with same professor is ridic. too with 2 or 3 books to read.  Other classes aren't so bad but dam the 300 level class professor acts like he's the only class we have.

8. i talk to myself and have indepth daydreams.

9. Maybe I should stop complaining and just get with it done with.

I'm in a chat right now with one of my classes.  Thought it'd be a pain in the ass but it's not bad.  These people are giving me thumbs up and agreeing with what I'm saying and I always like that.   What should I say next? Hmmm

Just deal with it

10. #30 FatGrow, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
    yeah you sound like you need a hobby, learn a skill

11. #31 RooksYR, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
    Listen to some foreign language music man.

It like listening to nice melodies, while a wonderful voice radiates with unknown but felt meaning.

My favorite are mandarin songs (grassland songs are my fav, as their mostly peaceful but always full of energy). Chinese songs in general usually have a peaceful melody.  And they always bring up images from my child hood of emotionally stoic monks.

You can always try out different languages depending on what sounds nice.

Heres a nice playlist if your interested. (because these songs can be a bitch to find)
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7E8D4050C37ACCD3

EDIT: because its a big playlist ill just say the ones by Phoenix Legend Band are the best ; )