How do you deal with college/work/life stress? (besides toking)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by WoodHouse, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Lately I'm just being over whelmed with college and work. My math class is just killing me, it sucks being one of those people whose brain just cannot comprehend number concepts especially when you're learning an extensive brand new lesson every time you go to class.

I picked back up working out and riding bikes.

What do you guys do?

2. I feel you on the math struggles. I've always managed to get a B.. takes a lot of cheating, haha.

I like to play football, run, cook, read, sing, practice an instrument, hangout with my girlfriend, and listen to music in my downtime. So, I think of these activities as I deal with my carefully scheduled assignments. That way I feel more motivated to complete my work on time.
    You also have to just think of your future and you'll invigorate your work ethic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Help someone out with something if you can. It's the bodies natural way to deal with stress. Check out this video too. It's pretty short and talks about how stress can actually be good for ou, and talks about how to manage stress. I can't link it from my phone, search for it on Ted.com if you want.
    Kelly McGonigal: How to make stress your friend

4. I just try my best to get all my stuff done right away.  Unfortunately I'm so backloaded with work though anyway.  I have so much work to do.

I missed the first two classes of two of my classes and then I missed the first 3 classes of another class.  I have 2 online classes too.  I took a 3rd day off in two of the classes already too.  I've never done that before but my schedule wasn't final in time and there was so much work already assigned that I thought I could take off the first few classes.  Whatever I hope the professors don't really mind.

The first classes I missed I was still changing my schedule and looking for opening spots in other classes.  I told the professor that.  I read the syllabus and it said attendance really doesn't matter unless it's a test day or big conversation day.  The second meeting he said that class was cancelled for one of the classes ( i have the same prof. for 2 of the classes)  I decided I was going to consider that an e-mail cancelling both of them and took the day off (this would've been my first day of the 3rd class).  I emailed that Prof and told him I registered late (I did but it was hours before the class met) so was unable to get there for the 2nd meeting.   Then I went to the 2 first classes for the first time and skipped the 3rd.  And yesterday I skipped the first 2 and went to the 3rd for the 1st time (probably should've went the last time too but oh well). I don't think it's going to be a big deal.  The teacher took my picture and said "I haven't seen you yet" and I just said I had a family emergency last class.   I'm not going to miss anymore classes from now on and all my assignments will be on time.  Hopefully I haven't made a bad impression but that's how I manage all of it.  I take advantage of days that I think I can take off and get away with it.  Try to get everything done.

5. university is really pushing me at the moment and I'd love a few hints! xD

6. Go for drives, talk to my girl, sleep. Anything to take my mind off it.

7. Easy... I don't go to college.. I don't work... and I don't have a life. And, I'll always have more money than you. :)

8. I dropped out of college, smoked a lot of weed, and became the loser I am today. Do not follow my example.

Doubt it. Social security payments/Food stamps/Welfare don't stand up to a real college grad's salary in a solid career.

You'll also get bored with life.

The average college grad only makes around 50k a year. My drug and whore habits are more expensive than that.

12. I surf man, best choice for relaxation, just you and the sea... Works specially good if the waves are barreling :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. so you whore yourself out for drugs? very productive..

14. as for the thread..whether its in the city or out in the country, taking a walk/drive while listening music always clears my head. 

No, I whore my drugs out for whores.

16. LOL touche

17. I play Battlefield and create some stuff (carving wood, painting, etc)

..ya...and please do explain how YOU earn/will earn, more than a college grad and not work...

19. #19 lazytoker, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013

Well they say that if you do what you love.... you never work a day of your life ;)

I love growing plants.

Almost forgot about fungi.

Like you, I like to exercise or stretch, what type of mathematics course are you taking?