THE WAY I GOT RID OF POWDERY MILDEW

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trueweedsmoker, Sep 16, 2013.

1. yea dont it come back?

2. Yeah. I had some clones and a mother plant that got PM one time and I stuck them outside in October to get rid of them just forgot to and it didn't produce any new spores on the leaves because of the colder temps at night but as soon as it started raining and the temps got a little warmer because of it it was producing spores on the leaves again.

3. bummer....alot of people cant put there ladies outdoors.  have a bunch of theives that will steal them and dont even know what do with em lol

4. If someone would have stolen those I would have laughed. I put them outside to get rid of them in the yard waste can and forget. That was in our backyard.

5. Sulphur is the best way to get rid of any mildew or fungus. Bombs work best because it penetrates everywhere. Mixing sulphur with water and spraying works well too and you don't have to clean the sulphur off your lights as with a bomb. Before I started my grow I sprayed the entire room with sulphur and left it there. I've never had a problem because of that.

A word of CAUTION !! Never use an oil base insecticide within 30 days of using sulphur on your plants, and vise versa. This includes neem oil. Most insecticides are oil based. The combination of the two can kill plants.

6. Or get a fungicide bomb off of Amazon. They work well to.

7. neem oil wasnt good enough by far

8. Yea, Im starting to think this too unfortunately.

9. #29 waktoo, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    PM is systemic, meaning that it not only affects the leaves, but the ENTIRE plant, inside and out. Once it's taken hold, you can't "get rid of it". You can only keep the infestation from becoming worse. Preventative measures work best to keep PM from taking control of your garden. Is it actually pure sulfur in these sulfur bombs? In Bordeaux mixture, ionic copper is actually what kills PM on the leaf surface, not sulfur. However, copper sulfate is the main ingredient used in concoctions that prevent PM infestation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bordeaux_mixture

Inoculation of the phyllosphere (leaf surfaces) with compost tea is also an effective way to prevent PM from taking hold. Microbes in the tea will occupy available pore space on the leaf surface, making it much more difficult for PM spores to attach themselves and infect the plant.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The fungicide bombs I got not sure what was in them as for sulfur they do sell sulfur burners that does help keep PM at bay.  Basicly just about anything that raises the PH on the surface of the leaves will kill the PM spores before they can infect a plant or kill the spores growing on the leaves.

11. I just finished my grow so im about to bomb my room with a firecracker again. LOL.

12. There is no scientifc evidence or research that suggest that it is systemic. The fungus doesn't enter the leaf and spread throughout the entire plant. It sends a feeding root down into the leaf for nutrients. The confusion comes from the fact that a systemic fungicide is more effective because it itself enters the plant and works for several weeks like eagle 20 for example. The reason infection happens quickly with most controls is that spores from in infection are in the billions everywhere, so you can cure the plant, but as soon as a spore lands it takes only a couple hours to germinate and within 3-7 days it is sporulating! So unless you break the cycle of the spores, you can cure all you want, it will return.

13. Control the humidity... control the world.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

14. To be honest I have read other people who had humidity in the 30% RH day an night with dehueys and they still had pm. I also brought RH down to 35-50 and it didn't slow it down at all. Also if you look at VPD charts having 30% RH really isnt ideal at all and really stresses the plant. I had a 2 day RH spike while it rained outside and that may have been why it absolutely exploded. but my air intake is from outside during summer at night time, only way to keep temps <85F. So thats why Im shutting down and starting up closer to winter, where I will be pulling in air from inside and will have it be permanently low RH around 40%, day and night. I guess I will be able to prove this once and for all. Even all research, none says that at 40% or whatever RH spores cannot germinate. It just has an optimum range where the life and reproductive cycle happens more quickly at certain RH and TEMP ranges. But then there are also 2 stages of life, both prefering different ranges. Germination, and Sporulation.

15. Peroxide kills powdery mildew for about 30 to 45 minutes or until the leafs dry.
    Then you need to use something that keeps on killing the PM and prevents the plant from getting PM again .

Good clean grow area with allot of ventilation is a good start and then spray your plants every 5 days with serenade and or Actinavate or potassium bicarbonate and Castiles soap, serenade neem oil cocktail .
    Actinavate can be put in your water in a hydroponic system too.
    Actinavate can be used up to 30 before harvest.

UV-C lighting kills PM …. UV-C light kills everything that is singled celled .
    I have a 35 w UV-C Light.
    When I have PM issue I turn my light on for 1 minute per day .
    That is for adult plants . young plants just cant handle the light spectrum and will burn the leaf's .
    UV-C lighting emits a deadly ozone that kills everything living …
    UV-C lights ozone kills fungi above and below the plants leaf's .

Cannabis plants are single celled and UV-C lighting is nothing less then devastating to their growth .
    But can be used all during the budding cycle ………..right up to harvest or on moldy weed already harvested .

Cheers

16. This is not a good option as it destroyes the looks of the bud