Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trazodone and mj

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KainiHawke, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Hi guys, so I had a quick question. Been smoking on and off for some years, whenever I could get it. But not to heavy. Friday the doctor prescribed a 50mg dose of trazodone to help sleep. I had been on ambien (and smoked while on it just didn't take the ambien on the nights I smoked) well the question is, only been taking trazodone for the past two nights. 50mg a night. Got some stuff today and was wondering if it would be ok to smoke tonight and the next few nights as long as I didn't take the trazodone. (I don't plan on taking any more of it anyways even if I don't have smokes) I know it says it will make u sleepy but I still didn't really sleep on it. Just want to make sure there's not going to be a bad reaction. I read up some before I came to post here and alot of people said they had smoked and taken the trazodone at the same time. (Which I'm not going to do, it would be almost 20 hours or more after I took the 50mg dose that I would be smoking) so any advice I would greatly appreciate.

2. Can't talk about anything besides marijuana tobacco and alcohol here.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Well I just wondered if it was safe to smoke marjiuana if u had taken a trazodone the day before. (Which of course had legal scripts for)

If it's just sleeping pills I don't see why weed would interact negatively with it. I'm not a doctor though so.

5. Traz is used to treat insomnia, but its also an anti-depressant. But that's at higher doses. I didn't know if weed would interact with that part or not.