Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Safe to Smoke Over a Year Old Weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by palooza, Sep 14, 2013.

1. I've heard of people storing their weed for over a year and a half at a time, ive seen people with tinted mason jars that they just burp it every now and then after its cured, but other than that the jars just sit there till they get smoked. if you dont think the weed smells moldy or mildewy then smoke it, its just a little bit of pot lol

2. I have smoked 20 year old weed.  It was in a Dungeons and Dragons set in my dad's house I was opening up for giggles.  My brother was like a squirrel

3. Canabinoids degrade over time, but only if exposed to air and light. It sounds like it was stored properly so you should have a well cured, very smooth smoke to enjoy now.

4. I onced smoked an emergency nug hidden far away after well over 2 years in a small bag. The bud was so dry it crumbled in dust between my finger. The bong hit was a harsh yet quite rewarding puff. Please note this was during quebec's weed starvation, I had been smoking hash for weeks and never felt so happy to smoke good old herb.

5. what a find!

6. He got weed in the mail, wtf, who even would be stupid enough to buy weed online or wherever he got it and have it posted to him

7. You would'nt believe the kind of stuff that goes threw the mail; living snakes, heroin paint painting, guns and what else. I once saw my friend receive a full oz of amaterdam hash from his brother.
    There is just far too much mail for them too check everything and since they make so much money doing their delievery I doubt they realy care about the legitimacy of the parcel.

8. But they do open packages at random. Had a few things stopped at customs like hidden knife belt, a tazer, trench knife and brass knuckles. All that money I spent :(

There is more chance of it being opened if its crossing borders.

9. #29 VortexMan, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    [quote name="Omega369" post="18696113" timestamp="1379441784"]But they do open packages at random. Had a few things stopped at customs like hidden knife belt, a tazer, trench knife and brass knuckles. All that money I spent :(There is more chance of it being opened if its crossing borders.[/quote]Yea going threw customs is a whole different process. Best advice when buying sketchy things is to ship it it parts (if possible). For instance jack knife are illegal in canada so you can't import them (same goes for brass knuckle, for the record) however parts of jack knife are not illegal, so if you send parts (say for repairs) it is legit.

10. If you took the pictures with what we in the 21st century call a "camera" and not a potatoe, then maybe we could see if its moldy.

11. Bro, I still have bud from a deal I made about 3 years ago. I had a dealer who was a grower and was moving away because he was attracting a lot of heat from the police. Since he was the only dealer I knew, I purchased a little over a pound off him. I stored it in a pack of mason jars. To this day, I have not made another deal since then, and am still smoking that same bud and getting absolutely high off of it with no problems :smoke:

12. Hmmmm wow just wow.

13. i would be happy af if i found that. i would just blow the oz into 5-6 grams of some bombass shatter.

14. It wouldn't stop me

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Use your nose! Moldy weed smells bad! Look at your bud- moldy weed can have black spots, or white fibers on it.  Is it dry? Mold needs moisture to grow! "Dry as a bone" buds never get moldy.

And for those of you who are unsure of the rules and need a refresher, here's where they are! 

http://forum.grasscity.com/general/899267-grasscitycom-forum-guidelines.html

Granny

16. I found some weed in a glass medicine jar from the late 70s...it was my aunts and was with her journals and stuff.

It felt like terrible mids, but I did feel something. Was kind of cool to smoke weed from that era lol.

but yeah, the smoke quality usually degrades if it's improperly stored for a long time but that's a decent way to store longterm so you're golden.

When in doubt...just make some edibles. That way you don't have to deal with a crappy smoke.

Or some BHO :p

17. oh my god

18. Yeah it should be safe.. I found a bag that wasn't hidden from me by my parents that was about 3-4 years old and it didn't really change any at all.

19. Fuck it shmoke that! Mold needs moisture and air so I doubt it has any on it

20. you should be safe...buuut just in case, check this out. if anything, its pretty interesting haha.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2012/10/04/Worlds-Oldest-Marijuana-Stash-Totally-Busted