Does smoking cannabis regularly almost certainly make you a more liberal person??? :D

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Higher_Primate, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Ok, heres my theory. Weed does not give you communist tendencies like they once said. But it does make you a more liberal person politically. The love and well being you feel while high is so opposite of the uptight conservative agenda. I was once a hard core Rush Limbaugh type conservative who hates liberals and pot heads. I smoked pot (I say pot as a conservative ;D), and I gradually became a more liberal person all together. 

-All political stereotypes assumed in this!-

Weed makes you paranoid and see things as they would to say an insect, strange and unknown. After you smoke weed for a while and really take it into your life style, be it, weekend toker, all day stoner, 420 toker, or late night smoker. (I'm blazed at the moment, and thats what i came up with, lol). While sober, you feel more relaxed and laid back, because of the residual high and come down, which for me can last 24 hours after a heavy smoke sesh, before I feel completely normal again, not dazed, or relaxed and at ease, those first few sober hours after smoking. You take in a more liberal mind set I swear! I watched Fox up until a few months ago, now I go to Anonymous for every thing. I used to listen to country music, and now I listen to the Greatful Dead, Rage, Folk Music, Stoner Metal, all typical stoner and or music a stereotype liberal would be listening to. I love and follow Tom Morello's message, support occupy movements... its crazy, and I understand conservative mindset still and see where they come from, but follow liberal mindset because I think its better!

What are your thoughts, Id love to meet someone who started as a conservative and is still as conservative or more than they once were!

2. NO! I fucking despise liberals and I smoke all damn day every damn day. It did, however, help me on my path to becoming an anarcho/capitalist. :smoke:

Im in the same boat as this fella/gal. Alot believe because you smoke/grow your some sort of hippie. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact Im in my states Tea Party group, and lifetime NRA member. I grow and smoke in massive quantities and am as far from being a liberal as you can get.

That would be like saying because someone drinks beer there some sort of Nascar loving, football tailgating person. Nothing wrong with that but I drink beer and never have done either.

Its another stereotype that those who crusade against cannabis have labeled. Kinda sorta like the gays. Way back when the gays could first marry in California the news descended in mass to put it on the news. They wanted to see some leather freak monster but all that made the evening news were people like that looked like your neighbors or family members. In fact if I recall it was two ladies in there 60s that had been together for like 20 years.

4. Cannabis definitely helps people think outside the box, but that doesn't always lead to liberalism.  I think it appears that way only because most people start smoking when they are young and liberalism is more common among young people.  Since cannabis is illegal it is seen as a rebelling against parents, grandparents, etc... who are normally more conservative and conservatives are usually those most "in love" with the war on drugs. 

5. you should watch this movie I just watched, Patriocracy. It took a very neutral point on why Dems and Reps are so separated on almost every issue and why it will be difficult to not let it continue this way.

Personally, I think they are two wings to the same party....owned and controlled by the elite of corporate America....ah I mean corporate Planet Earth.  A few other parties try to make solid stands, like the Teabaggers and the Green Party, both of which are too stupid and stubborn to ever gain any real power. :(

7. #8 The Egg Man, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
    so you have seen it then?

P.S. my first post was directed at OP.

actually I have not, I was just sharing my stoned opinion of the two party bullshit system we live under in the US.  I didn't mean to get you involved in anyway.  I'm interested in seeing it though.  Where did you find it at, Netflix?

9. #10 forty winks, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
    I luv this post.  I was starting to think that weed is part of the right wing conspiracy that's sweeping the nation.   Anybody who can overcome dittomania has some good courage in them.  I can smile again.

But I still love country music ...

Very well put.

11. #12 0ri0n, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    I disagree, I can't stand liberals. I don't like when people attribute music or cultural themes to a political stance. I'm a deadhead, I like sublime, and rap, and I'm right wing as fuck. It might seem contradictory, but I think communism is the way to go. Granted no nation has pulled it off yet, but I think with the right leader and the right system it could be a beautiful utopia.

Also, fuck Anonymous.

12. To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to conserve a time to liberate.

A time for peace i swear it's not too late.

What in the hell??? How can you be right wing and communist at the same time? You also seem to believe that as long as the right person forces their will under threat of violence then your ideology can come to fruition and force the people into a blissful society even though history has proven that this always leads to despotism. pure communistic ideology, when agreed upon by all, as an ideology is a good thing but you cant make it happen with a leader. It can only be achieved voluntarily and that negates the position of a leader.

WTF!?!?  A deadhead, conservative, communist?  Smells like trolling to me.  You are either trolling or one confused mofo.  LOL

15. That's something right there!

16. Nah man. I like conservatism when communism isn't an option, that's all. Lesser of two evils when it comes to the US system imo.

17. yeah, total ignorance....

18. I'm not sure what I am, but weeds only going to enhance your political alliance not alter it. I wouldn't mind being around to see the Capitalism bubble burst though, just out of curiosity too see what will actually happen.

19. I agree with you on all but two points...one communism, i have a friend from Bulgarian...he's a U.S. citizen going on 15 year's now and he has nothing good to say about communism, 2nd is finding the right system...the system is what makes everything hard to begin with....fuck the system