Putins address on Syria

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sovereign Psyche, Sep 12, 2013.

Thanks for responding quicker than myself.

I was gonna be more condescending......

2. Too bad his own people are not afforded the same level of free speech offered to him by the NYT.

3. The abortion aspect was just a headline, the real truth is they're clamoring to get out of that hellhole.   90% of my neighbors come from Russia, none of them ever go back, ever.  

4. #24 Johnny Cash, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013

So Russia is a shithole in your opinion, does that make everything Putin says false or something?

Just curious, is there a Russian neighbourhood in NYC? That's where you live right? I knew there was a Chinese neighbourhood but other than that I thought "ethnic" neighbourhoods were very mixed.

5. There's a LOT of Asian neighborhoods in NYC, including where I live.  It's not only Chinese, but smatterings of Koreans, Cambodians, etc.  There's a block in Midtown NYC called Little Korea, due to all the businesses they own. 

Many of the Russians and Eastern Europeans live in Brighton Beach, AKA "LIttle Odessa", but they all can't fit there and have spread out to neighborhoods like mine and others. 

Tragic fire in a Russian psychiatric hospital, 37 dead.  Earlir this year, 38 died in another Russian psychiatric hospital fire.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/dead-30-missing-russian-hospital-fire-20245575

The whole country is falling apart at the seams.   

6. TBH, everywhere, other than Norway, is falling apart now. I'm beginning to warm to the idea that Russia is no worse or better than any other country, just the same amount of bad and good. Is it better to be lied to by a Russian or your own side?

MelT

7. I wouldn't say that all countries are equal, as bad as it is Russia is comparitivley better than some - but they have a vested interest in Syria - if they didn't they wouldn't care on way or another what happens there.  
    LIke I said earlier, if they're using the chemical weapons in Syria to fight Al qaeda, and similar organizations, more power to them - but I doubt that they've limited it to that. 

8. #28 jay-bird, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
    Wait do you mean you would rather risk war with Russia, or ally with Russia?

Do they not have millions in their army?

Edit* Oh and BTW everyone I guess it's a sad day when Putin - the guy that would stoop so low to steal a athlete's superbowl ring - looks like a savior compared to Obama rofl. Putin is a scumbag compared to Obama. Why does Obama want to go to war, though?

Ally with Russia. This is no longer a case of Putin Vs Obama, but about a series of wars created by the US over the last fifty years, and the NSA scandal, and Snowden and Manning's treatment.

MelT

The US, as it stated over 30 years ago, also has a vested interest in Syria and has been acting there through Saudi Arabia for many years. It's stated aim is to destabilise the Middle East. 

MelT

11. I do not see what good further destabilization in the Middle East would do for anybody, other than assist the radical Islamists who want to take over. 

12. #32 MelT, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
    It's about oil, resources, and the 'war on terror'. There are a number of articles on the US and UK's intentions in the Middle east. This movie shows how it began in 1991 instigated by the US.

MelT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7NsXFnzJGw

Step up to the plate oh hellhole of Sharia Law and all things dark and backwards - Saudi Arabia.

Its the House of Saud who want the Middle East to decent into chaos, they are the radical Islamists.