SST - Sprouted Seed Tea

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GiMiK, Sep 11, 2013.

1. I wanna be a grower! :)

2. Just search the web for "natural farming techniques" or Korean Natural Farming" and you should get plenty of hits.

The basic point that Mr. Carangdang makes in his teachings (as I understand it) is that you don't have to be a scientist to natural farm. Alot of the websites discussing the subject often advise readers to purchase products like EM1.....whereas the whole point is supposed to be using what you already have available to you in nature to harness the microbes indigenous to your area.

The techniques obviously work. From time to time, I use homemade lacto b in my compost as a starter but it in my opinion, it's one more unnecessary step in the process that requires more clean up than my lazy butt cares to do. I do plan to use some water soluble calcium for my outdoor garden on the tomato plants though.

I forgot where the hell I was going with this....dammit. kinda high right now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. but a mad scientist growing weed must be the most potent shit out there lol I just got really interested in these EMs because of their uses in not only growing but the medicinal uses. I'm going to make the homemade lacto because here in Brazil unless I find someone who makes some good stuff themselves it will put a hole in my pocket .

4. You live in Brazil???? I've alwys wanted to visit there.....but at this stage of my life, I worry that a trip to any beach there would result in my wife killing me dead lol.

Your wife has a CCW too? :ey:

Wet

6. I moved to Baltimore when I was like 4 or something then I moved back to Brazil when I was 14, it's great for vacationing if you know where you're going, there's not that many fine chicks like you would imagine, if you do vacation make sure you have money to enjoy the natural stuff because IMO that's what Brazil is all about, go to waterfalls, islands, beaches, forests, etc. I would love to go on a wild life safari in the amazons or scuba diving

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bump. [​IMG]

Just wanted to point out that this information was mostly obtained through Coot's invaluable insight and experiments.

Thanks again for all your contributions throughout the years.

8. #148 SoloToker, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    I honestly don't know if I'd still be able to keep a garden the way I do if I hadn't ran across Coot on that other shitty site before he was banned. I wouldn't have the time or money after the guy at the hydro store got done having his way with me, if Coot hadn't made things so simple. He changed the way I view gardening, the way I look at cannabis, the way I view society, he really changed my whole outlook on life.

THANKS COOT!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well worth a bump!!!!!!!

10. Hey guys and organic gurus. I read this thread a few months ago but it took me a while to digest all the information and do my own research before I came back to comment. First off, thank you for introducing me to this wonderful technique. I'm still far from an expert but I think I have accumulated some valuable information that I would like to add to this thread, mostly about Optimal PH and temps for enzyme production. Along with using high quality materials and proper brewing times, PH and temps during sprouting are the other things that give us control over enzyme production. So I believe they are important to address. Forgive me if this has already been gone over.

PH
    I have found that most of the enzymes we seek are most active
    at a low ph somewhere between 4.5 and 6.2. I thought perhaps alternating between mostly low ph soaked SST's and occasional high ph soaked SST's could ensure a full range of enzymes were being achieved.
    https://www.ibd.org.uk/cms/file/313

Temps
    According to one study, enzyme production can increase by 100% just by increasing sprouting temps by 10 degrees. There is a sharp correlation between temperature and enzyme production up until well over 100 degrees. Going too high for an extended period of time can cause denaturing, so generally warm but not boiling hot water should be best for brewing. This article has a chart that shows different enzymes and their optimum temperatures. The optimal temps for the enzymes studied here ranged from 86-160 degrees!
    https://byo.com/stories/item/1497-the-science-of-step-mashing

Considering many enzymes have to work inside of our guts, it's no surprise that they like warm and acidic environments.

Coconut Water and Giberilin
    As touched on already in this thread, coconut water can aid in the enzyme production when added to the soak water. Not only does the coconut water have it's own enzymes, it's gibberellin content helps stimulate enzyme production in the barley's endosperm. Barley already produces it's own gibberellin, but adding the coconut water gives it an extra boost. At least that is my understanding.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC396329/pdf/plntphys00217-0040.pdf

• Like Like x 1
  11. Was thie soluble calcium you used 3D in any way a controlled test? Just curious what your opinion/experience was with it?
    I wanted to try it over a year ago before I entered back into the real world and forgot about the internetz. :)
    Thanks
    Same here man...same here. And it changed the way everyone looks at me too! Both bad and good. I love my new outlook on life, despite sometimes wishing I could go back to being clueless.

12. #152 willywagpole, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  13. I prefer to eat hemp seeds with the shell. I've had hulled before and they tasted kinda chemically, maybe it was where they were processed.

Saute whole seeds in some oil and top with salt [​IMG]

14. #154 Tree dogg, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    No.  Malted barley is what you want.  hulled means the husk or shell has been removed from the grain.  malted means it has been germinated and then dried.  The enzymes are what your after in an SST.

15. Tree dogg

I ran a couple of tests using malted hemp seeds and the results were no better and no worse than barley or any of the other grass seeds that I've tried. 

Cool bragging rights at the following Southeast Portland Stoned & Stupid Society meetings!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Maybe you got from a bad source? You have to look for the RAW/Certified Organic stamp. I eat them all the time they never taste chemically to me :S   They are actually very tasty like nutty/cheesy flavor. This is one of the brands i buy, Just look at that nutritional profile...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Do you mean malted as in sprouted? Sorry I'm not that familiar with the term.

WOW! 

Hulled hemp seeds in a plastic bottle...

Who'd a thunk it?   [​IMG]

18. Its BPA free?

Sprouted seed teas are all about the enzymes that they produce, not about the nutrients listed on the side of the bottle.

Enzymes increase the rate of nutrient cycling.

Naturally occurring enzymes are destroyed by the process of extraction from plant materials.

20. #160 willywagpole, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Yes i understand about the enzymes now. But if i wasn't mistaken you said "hulled hemp seeds in a plastic bottle..." what exactly did you mean by this because the product is made from BPA free plastic and is perfectly safe for consumption nothing can leak in or out.

These company's know what their doing as they focus on the most natural, purest, organic/raw state for maximum nutritional absorption and benefits to the human body. Yeah i understand sprouted is always better due to enzymes and so on but its illegal in a lot of places so they are not able to sell whole seeds. Atleast not where i live.