SST - Sprouted Seed Tea

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GiMiK, Sep 11, 2013.

1. I just remembered it was a short one liner from coot, that wasn't very specific/unique in terms of search words.

2. Very uncoot

3. Thank you for sharing though. It still shows it does. :)

4. Anyone comparing the soak-drain-soak in fulvic,aloe,coconut-sprout method with just grinding dry seed and soaking in water?

Just curious really if there is a large enough difference between the two for what we use it for.

Just did my outdoor garden yesterday with 50 gallons of SST and also 4 fruit trees, curious to see if I see any noticeable benefit there as well.

5. lol I was just thinking about that exact same topic Al...

I believe there are distinct benefits to using live seeds vs malted, but not regarding enzyme content and/or concentration. Not sure what specific benefits are lost when the seed is dried, though I do remember a more "potent" response to the sprouted seeds vs malted; but it was well over a year ago when I last used the sprouted seeds so the memory is faint.

Something I can't wait to test out thoroughly when I get the chance.

6. That is yet another question I was wondering also, but currently just wondering if sprouting is even worth it or just grind and puree? You taking green seed stock and just grinding dry and puree? Hell now I have to do some sperimenting. hehe

Thx for the info my friend

7. Hey! While you're around!

1. I can only find ONE comfrey book in your pdf thread?!?

2. Was it you saying 1/2tbsp/gal AgSil every time you water?

8. I also believe one way or another something in its purest most natural state is always the best way to go.

There's things and ways in Nature that even Science or the most advanced technology we have today has yet grasp.

9. Here ya go.

View attachment Comfrey.Past.Present.and.Future.by.Lawrence.D..Hills.pdf
    View attachment Comfrey-A-Hundred-Tons-an-Acre-of-Stock-or-Compost-for-Farm-Garden-or-Smallhold.pdf

And nah, I probably did that ratio for a while but once a week or so via watering is enough imo. I like to play around with it in foliar applications though.

10. Ok. Trying to track down who said that, thought it was you or gandalf.

I've got all the comfrey literature I can digest, but I have been referring people to that thread and just noticed myself last night that it only had one comfrey book. Good to see you around.

11. #254 waktoo, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    And on top of that, what concentration of these enzymes is actually needed to be maximally effective? With all the extra shit we add to our "water only" soils, I'm wondering where we cross the line of "diminishing returns", especially in no-till containers...
    Not really trying to debate or argue this point either. It's just a question I've had floating around in my melon for quite some time after BJ's no-till thread got started...
    FWIW, I think the ease of preparation using MB far outweighs the higher enzyme levels that may be realized by sprouting your own.

12. I haven't soaked seeds for SST in a long while now. Doing a puree on milled barley is so convenient for me. I don't bubble etc....just don't really have time amd I've noticed that I don't get that frothy head on it when I add stuff to it prior to puree so I've been adding protekt right before I water it in. I still don't have fulvic amd I've been wondering if I really need it? I hit everything in my garden last night and by the time I was done cleaning up my mess, all the plants are at attention. :)

I asked over in Adub's house about anyone who has experience with 2 row vs 6 row barley? I know 6 row is said to be next level compared to 2 row...but does anyone have any practical experience or conversation? I get my 6 row from a spot a few hours away but found a local place 10 munites from my door that uses 2. Thanks.

13. I don't think there is a significant difference.

14. Thanks Tree. I suppose I could get a pound or so and give it a shot for sake of comparison. I haven't even asked them yet but I was also thinking that I might be able to talk them into giving me their used rice hulls...or are those a no go after being used for the brewing process?

15. #258 Tree dogg, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    If they use rice hulls they would be mixed with used barley and probably wheat or another hull-less grain. Is it a brewery? If you can get used grain, do it!!! You can mulch the veggie patch with it too

I bet some enzymes are negatively effected by the brewing temps, but I would still use it, maybe not to replace unused barley, but still useful.

16. Damn tablet version won't allow me to use the "likes". Thanks again Tree. This place is a local brew spot/eatery. They specialize in their own lines. They have big sacks of 2 row barley on pallets and I think they sell brewing supplies as well. I'm thinking on taking a trip over and asking the management about hauling some of the used hulls that they might normally discard in the trash and possible purchase of some the barley.
    ....you might be an organic freak if..... [​IMG]

17. If they use rice hulls they would be mixed with used barley and probably wheat or another hull-less grain. Is it a brewery? If you can get used grain, do it!!! You can mulch the veggie patch with it too

I bet some enzymes are negatively effected by the brewing temps, but I would still use it, maybe not to replace unused barley, but still useful.
    </blockquote>
    If it's a brewery chances are that there might not be enzymes in the leftover grains from the mash. A professional practice is to raise the mash temp to 168f degrees to stop enzymatic activity. This way they lock into the body profile desired for consistancy. If they don't do that the same beer will come out different body wise every time you get it at the store.