An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Why are the leaves turning brown like that on a few of your ladies with flowers on em. Im coming close to a finish on my first harvest and am truly curious.

2. Found another leaking coconut so I drained the remaining 5 and cut with 3 gallons of water and everybody got a taste..
    Cleaned up and did (TILL) on 12 open spots in preparation for planting in the next few days as the plants start to graduate from box 1..
    Added 1 pound coffee can worth of alfalfa pellets to each hole and blended that in as well..

3. How long will you let your amended soil sit before replant?

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I assume you mean like this pair are.. Just a combination of small container size and the fact they are near done.. Some strains will use up and drop nearly all the fans and large sugars by the time they are ready to harvest.. This is just exaggerated in the really small containers.. The solos need water twice a day when it's hot and have missed a few on time watering's.. The 3 gal SIPs have to small a water chamber and will run dry if not watered nearly every day..
      I practice a lot of LITFA.. ( leave it the F@#$ alone ) so the plants get ragged looking at times.. That same plant done in ground will likely not lose a leaf right up to harvest day..

5.   mrsilly.. Just a few days.. That works out to about 2 or 3 cups in roughly 1 to 2 cubic feet of soil and I've learned it's not enough to cause any thermal heating so no wait time.. Some will get a longer set as I'm planting as the height limit of box 1 is reached.. Should have 3 about ready by Monday and a few more days on the rest of that group..
      I did a few no-till style about a month ago and this set I'm doing my usual stir and alfalfa re-amend to look if I can see a difference..

6. i was chkng my SA plnts today..they seem to be hurrying themselves to completion..i previously thought x mas now i'm thinking thnksgvng..i'm in no rush..but they are..they went out last mo and were flwrng within 10 days as clones are wont to do..i'm starting to see them from my window reaching for the sun around mid day..think they'll finish at around 2'-2.5'

7. Thank you any particular reason you just use alfalfa?

8. Easy access and low cost.. Rabbit/guinea pig pellets are about a buck a pound in 20 lb bags at the local discount pet food store.. I haven't run down a local source for kelp meal/pellets but that's mostly my being lazy as I'm sure I can find some down in orange county if I looked hard enough..

9. Soaked all the freshly amended holes while churning to completely breakup and blend the alfalfa pellets as well as insuring the soil was well soaked..
    Took 5 Blue Berry clones..
    Did a MBT as well.. ( 6 row malted barley tea )

Attached Files:

10. Reaching near the bottom of my 6 row malted barley jar I made a run up to the brewing store for 2 more pounds and the walmart that is up that part of town so I picked up this jug of aloe..
    MVTF got planted
    RHSS hit dirt as well
    Dark Goblin several weeks into flower
    Haze
    DG

Attached Files:

11. Morning Brass, 
    Just stoping by to burn one with ya' all. 
    As always, you have it goin on....

Meanwhile out in the Heartland......

I can tell winter is on it's way here,
    Fall colors,
    Putting up the summer gear,
    Checking tires and replacing wiper blades,
    Up long before the sun and sleepy early,
    The beginnings of leaf pick-up,
    Review of the winter chore list,
    [SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Aches and pains, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.2857141494751px]​Yep, nasty stuffs coming our way.... Be [/SIZE]Prepared[SIZE=14.2857141494751px] [/SIZE]

12. Sometimes it SUCKS preparing for the winter....had to pull out my studded snow tires yesterday....just waiting!  LOL  Same goes for the snowplow....need to drain the oil & replace.....fixed some weather striping on  basement door....blah blah blah....LOL

~JB~  Preparing for the worst yet to come!  You just never know..... snowball-fight-1.gif   fun-fun....

13. Brass & crew!! What's up buddies! Man I just got back from Cali last night. Wish we could've stayed :( The weather was gorgeous....especially Friday night...didn't even need a sweater. Me and the wife decided to tease ourselves and looked at some beach condos. Found a nice little quaint one. Not big at all but very beautiful and all the seller wanted for was $2,495,000.00 so....I'm drawing counterfeit bills to the best of my ability as we speak, hahaha!!

Hey how is that aloe juice working for you? I was going to use that also but the preservative used for it (I think benzoic acid...can't remember) is supposed to be detrimental to the soil. Maybe not so much in the ground though. Can't remember.

14. It was an impulse buy and I knew about the citric acid and the other.. But it's like 1/10th of 1% and I thought I'd test it on a plant or two..

15. Definitely don't mean to sound like I'm trying to discourage you from using it. If so, I apologize. I posted a pic of it in the lounge a while back when I first saw it at wally world and that's when someone mentioned about the benzoic being the bad part. I'm interested to see how you use it and what result it produces if you don't mind.

I've got alot of aloe in my back yard. It's about the only thing that I can keep during the summer here. I've been taking 1/4 leaf at a time and hitting it with a hand blender then adding that to my water. Works pretty good.

16. I didn't take it like that at all.. I'd seen most of the brands discussed with Lily of the Valley hitting the top score with the freeze dried ranking second.. This was just a spur of the moment nab and I'll give it a fair test knowing it's drawbacks..

17. Brass, you recommend the trainwreck now that youve grown some out?

Ive smoked it before and its on my list of plants to grow, what are your thoughts on this strain bro?

18.   I like it.. It's a clone strain I picked up a while back and have managed to keep despite my ill treatment of the strain at times..
    Been a good producer and a fine stone but not a real strong taste or scent for me.. I'm starting to thin down my number of strains and run more plants of the ones I can't get enough of.. I've got 3 must haves I've run enough times now that I've just got to have more of... LOL
    Blue Berry, Chernobyl, Girl Scout Cookies.. That set of 3 are the most flavorful strains I have and I'd gladly toss the others and just run more of them 3 at this point.. They are the ones that after 60 days of curing will knock you back with strong scent when the jar is cracked.. Make you say WOW !!!..

19. Wow dude, im growin GSC now, my first run! Im hopin its as good as you say, i hear good things. I agree man, ive got a Few strains like that that are just amazing!

Confidential cheese, blue dream, and banana kush, oh and chocolate chunk. Those are a few of the 13ish strains im growing now and theyve knocked my socks off.

Ive got an alien og that stinks to hell but hated hydro, seems to prefer soil, but time will tell. Had the clone six months, only plant ive ever grown wont make it to maturity. Finnicky mofo i swear!!!

Ill check out chernobyl, ive got a bubba kush berry strain im running now. Seeds are 6+ years old and one of my first creations ever! Hopin to get a male of him and cross all 13ish strains, i say ish because give or take a couple! I put a list up of my current genetics a few pages back on my journal if youre interested!

I could probably run 3 of those strains and be happy for all my days! :smoke:

20. With the latest round of plants reaching the max veg size in box 1 I did some planting
    Darth Vader
    Lavender
    Blue Dream
    Red Headed Step Sister
    MVTF
    Lucky
    Darth Vader
    RHSS
    Blue Dream
    Solar Zone
    Seedlings
    Clones
    Box1 with a partial load.. Sure makes dragging plants a bit lighter
    Box2 with the remainder of the plants

I have high hopes for the solar zone to take over my veg duties.. I'm real tired of being a slave to the garden hustling plants back and forth twice a day for the past 3 years from the light boxes to the patio and back again.. Not that it hasn't been productive with 3 to 4 runs of plants a year.. California limits me to 6 flowing plants per recommendation.. It says nothing about the number of times I can run 6 plants in flower per year..
      While the 1st attempt was with seedlings that grew up under the solar lights from sprouting this run is mixed seedlings started under them as well as the graduating clones are moving here from the 24-0 cloner as well.. I'm not sure just how long the lights actually burn but I have them on the low power long burn setting now.. 6 hours @ 70 lumens or 10 hours @ 35 lumens.. So far none of the newest clones show signs of trying to flower.. Well HaloX2 does but I've come to expect that from her strain as it showed on the original seed plants this summer..

Attached Files: