An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. chk'd Sally Alley this morn two days after row6MB and cpt J spraying..everybody looks ok with the tight fit
    day aft spraying 005.JPG day aft spraying 006.JPG day aft spraying 007.JPG day aft spraying 008.JPG

2. You have lovely plants so I'm gonna follow. Plus Dr. Mengle is here so... :hello:

3. i love the passion flower...

4. Thanks me too. I smell like em all the time so i figured it was a good new avatar :love:

5. I'm feelin all Robert Duvall ish this morn ( Napalm is the smell of VICTORY! Apochalypse now)..killled those mites deader than shit..grnd zero brnch everything was dead..drowned and melted in cpt J's..some eggs present but webs are melted and gone..i rinsed branch in GC solution..rinsed with tap..trimmed and hung to dry..ttrim for colander later during game 3..rest of plnt gets sprayed again tomorrow although i could find no signs of contagion at the surrounding area of the strategic chop..following Woody's advice..
    View attachment aftr spraying 3.bmp View attachment aftr spraying 4.bmp 2 days aftr srraying 015.JPG

6. #1366 RED BEARD, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    aint nothin like the smell of napalm in the mornin!LOL

7. Chk'd my outdr plnts this morn..three are flwrng ..the smallest is not..i belive i'm seeing a nad' on one of the 3..i had one herm last time too..i could be wrong but i don't think so..i'll give it this wk to form up definitively before i chop..it's a pretty big nanner though..when i filled the bases i could smell the row6MB ..pretty stanky..but i filled bases with tap so the chloromines can take care of that and i'll fill tomorrow so overflo gets rid of that stuff..i nd to spray GC this wk..i did cpt. j's dbb last wk in rotation..tomorrow i'm visiting the LG to spray and administer some R6MB..i'll brew it tomorrow early am..indoor garden got another spraying this morn..and another on thurs will wrap it up..think i dodged a bullet there that had my name on it.
    sa flwrng 006.JPG .

8. #1368 BrassNwood, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    Being gone from the grow like this is always hard on me.. I do sleep ok knowing Mr. S has things in hand.. Damn raccoons got in the summer house again so we spent some time proofing and cleaning up.. I think we are back to town tomorrow..

9. I can tell from those pics you posted in SG's place! Very nice work Sunny. The experimental girl is looking good too considering the cold.

10. Sorry Brass you will get it it all fixed up, then home, it is where the heart is. Everything will be just fine!

11. Mr S, I do believe that you have the sweetest house sitting gig I've ever heard of!

12. Back from our little road trip to the San Berdo mountains.. Mr. S has done his usual excellent job of keeping things rocking along.. My thanks to you good sir !!

IBCC contestant one of the pink tipped RHSS-2
    The Solar lights plants
    Box 2
    Box 1
    Boxes 1 & 2
    6 bags in the this chest are stable now at 61%
    2 more in this smaller chest
    Cloner has 3 RHSS-2-pinks with roots.. Taken the 4th of Sept and one Darth Vader from the 20th with roots.. 10 days is a record for me
    This cropped up in the cloner so I tossed it.. I'll spray everybody with some cure tomorrow..
    The fountain side is looking rather bare..
    The Lucky in the 20 gal is near done now.. The 2 3 gal SIP plants are doing better then I expected
    Most of the seeds have sprouted..

Attached Files:

13. I visited the LG today and the plnts were in good shape and putting on bud wt..chkd closely and could find no bugs or PM..gave them R6MB let it drain thru to base and then dumped and refilled with tap..sprayed with cpt j's ..grw ptnr goes why you gotta spray if there's no bugs? sigh!..i think they'll be ready by end of oct..i should have staked the one plnt now that i see the pics..never had an outdr plnt get so heavy with bud it's got a lean so i didn't recognize the need..i'll do it next time..we smoked a nice nug from my harvest that she likes a lot..now she gets what the whole seed ddevelopement was about smoking one of the parent plnts of the cross we made..it's very good bud and the cross is likely to be better..now next summer she wants to grow a bunch of plnts and do the sexing as well..i think she's finally drinking the kool aid after seeing how good the bud is i grew indrs..maybe theres hope after all..baby steps and patience..she's ok'd the solar lites for the future
    longshot gove lookin good 020.JPG longshot gove lookin good 021.JPG longshot gove lookin good 022.JPG longshot gove lookin good 023.JPG

14. #1374 BrassNwood, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    Most of the Solar plants hit the ground today..

HaloX2 both are mildly flowering and they hit the 2 white 5 gallon SIPs
    Mr. S holds while I get the Mykos root inoculant ready
    This was where the Blue Dream was.. One of the 2 best spots in this zone.. Did no till this run so we'll see.
    Blue Dreams stump
    Dark Goblin dusted and planted
    This was Darth Vader's spot and it gets another extra large DG..
    Lucky just before chopping..
    Lucky trimming
    Sticky Monkey
    SM #2 both came down today.. messy nasty little hard to clean plants..
    Girl Scout Cookies.. I'd already taken the top out before I remembered to snap a shot..
    GSC getting her trim on..
    Dark Goblin in 20 gallon SIP, DG in the other 20, The 2 Halos in the white 5s..
    2 DG and a Haze against the fence..
    Both Sticky Monkeys
    Lucky
    Girl Scout Cookies

Attached Files:

15. Lol wrong Mr S.

16. My grow tending partner is Upper case.. Your lower case.. LOL !!

17. Woody i got crazy weather going on..at nite i'm not using a/c with both cabs runnin and it's comfortable hower the humidity crashed..i'm struggling to get the humidity up past 33% in the cabs using humidifiers..without them it drops to 23%!..supposed to be heat alert all wknd..it was 65 at 7am this morn when i wtrd the yrd..i'm not steppin out the dr in the sunlite this wknd..luv my yrd late at nite when it's warm like this..i sit outside in frnt my dr on a stool and smoke a j while admiring the zen of my yrd under the security light..two cycles of the security lite usually does it for a nice respite from being cooped up..i hope y'all have a nice time at the gig..get home safely

I put a bowl of water with a towel laying across it as a wick, in front of a fan. It brought up the tents humidity somewhat. 

19. #1379 BrassNwood, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
    The 2nd large Girl Scout Cookie came down
    I put away a full case of 6 full 1/2 gallon jars that had stabilized in the Ice Chest over the last 10 days..
    Red Headed Step Sister-2-pink got taken about half way down
    This will be next.. Another RHSS-2
    More trimming
    A second later this is overhead..
    RHSS-2-p my IBCC contestant in her pink phase..
    Same plant
    The trio of IBCC plants.
    Having finished up the last of the FFOF I was working from on the 3 inch cups I dug into the latest amended pile and added roughly a 1/6th by volume of EWC.. The mix is a bit heavy handed on perlite to cover just such an event..
    I got busy and transplanted 9 plants nearing 12 inches tall to the 5 inch pots..
    5 of 9
    I'll need to select 9 final plants for this tray and make arrangements to send a few off to another grower.. I could put the surplus under the solar lights and see if they stay in veg..

Attached Files:

20. Morning Brass..
    Looking at you pics makes me smile everyday.
    Once it goes legal here, you will see the same scenes here. (With luck and hard work)
    My trusted helper has taken charge recently. He's not working right now, so he's having fun and keeping things moving. Drying is really backed up, I had to use an enclosed trailer to assist, and I have a HUGE Maui to take down soon, then two Kali Mists.

I can only trim so often. Other than the trailer, it's all being done in the basement, and even with filters and fans, when the tent gets opened and you sit down to trim, the sent overpowers everything. If I could move the drying operation to the garage is would be much more manageable. We are doing a lot of trimming in the woods when the plant comes down. It's costing us some sugar leaves I'm sure, but with schedule we have to keep, it's the least of the evils. 

Jars are getting filled, hanging plants are getting rough cut and put into trays then layered in the tent, then plants get cut and hung in the tent. Somehow I have to blend the 3 plants hanging in the trailer into the process as well. Honestly I'm a bit overwhelmed. Couple that with the fact that I have regular houseguests. A couple of the neighborhood kids have a troubled home and at times need someplace stable to rest, thus making stealth and flexibility required properties. Fortunately, they are good kids, and never here alone. They are not dumb, they have to know I smoke. On the other hand, the know I rarely drink. Booze is a problem in their home. I work 6 days a week, have a home, cars, no serious issues in the home, while the drinkers are basically homeless right now. Good lessons. 

Well the Sun is coming up here, so I'm off to the field soon with the leaf blower to dry off some buds. The 2 kalis will be fine, they get some wind, but the Maui is in a hole in the woods, no breeze to speak of....  

Thanks for the place to rattle on... :)