An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. #1081 BrassNwood, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    A walk around the garden

Afgooey - RHSS-1
    Chem Valley Kush - Northern Lights
    Sticky Monkey
    Dark Goblin - DG - DG - Lucky - Halox2 - Halox2
    GSC - RHSS - Bird - RHSS - GSC
    RHSS - RHSS
    Next gen clones .. Stupid me the plants went into flower due to my inattention.. I'm hoping they pull back out with this arrangement as it's just to hot for the veg boxes this time of year..
    Fountain side plants.. DG in the ring - Purple Kush - Train Wreck - Blue Dream - Blue Berry - Darth Vader - GSC
    Inside the garden.. RHSS pollenated whole plant - MVTF - Haze - Lavender
    Against the shed.. Sticky Monkey - Lavender
    Blue Berry - RHSS-2
    Train Wreck  - RHSS-2

Attached Files:

2. Temps in the 90's is expected today..temp was in 60's last night and foggish..PM weather but luckily strong breezes thru the grow but i'm keepin an eye out..ants are in the air pots as usual..they come for the wtr and the air pots have to be wtrd daily so d. earth hasn't been too effective when wet..think i gotta just ignore them as suggested..my clones and seedling in the hallway i've decided to just keep the light on 24/7..i want them to get to 10''-14'' before they go out..but at the same time they're growing very fast while outdr comparitively is very slow it seems ..so i could run out of room in the windows if i have to switch to 1L grow bags which i likely will by next wk..had to slow them down and open the plnts up so i topped 3 and LST'd the biggest as well..left the seedling alone and the split clone..just micro managing the garden..i got a lot out of the adam dunn show last wk on sustainable cannabis..i've listened to it about 3 times so far wraping my head around some of the concepts..wonder what todays show will be about? they talked about the importance of leaf temp being 88-89 indoors no matter what the air temp is..i'm playin with the distance as my leaf temp is 85..they look good now maybe if the lights are just a tad lower..i have too much time to play in the gardens..lol!
    day after topping 006.JPG day after topping 004.JPG day after topping 002.JPG

3. I have some Blueberry running right now....first time run & smells sooooooo good!  It will be ready in about 3 weeks time...yummy!

~JB~   Got another T5 yesterday...off to the rooms to hang it & cover the walls of the new Veg Room too....emergency blankets!  Makes it shimmer in there.....I'll post pics when done!

4. So my latest chopped top male again withered away with almost zero opening of his flowers.. What little I got was dusted over the end Halo on the patio..
    Up and coming are 1 each of Dark Goblin and Halox2 males in 5 inch pots.. Flowering they are so I'll still have pollen it looks like..

Attached Files:

5. #1085 Sundance6758, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    Can you isolate a growing male???  Instead of taking a cutting????  Sea4 had an excellent idea for the freezer in the garage (no I haven't done a damn thing with it yet!)....turn it into an isolation chamber!!  Now THAT is a good idea....I don't need a cloner that big & cant use it during the winter months anyhow, but summer?  Yep....LOL

~JB~ 
    EDIT::  For those that don't know what I'm talking about (happens all the time!)   PICS of defunct display freezer in my garage...I'm still taking suggestions!  I'm tired of looking at it....
    freezer 1.jpg freezer 2.jpg

6. I 'd keep all my nutes and growing stuff thats perishable in there..does it suck power? right now i keep more gardening stuff than food in my refrigerator..lol! means i have to shop twice wkly

7. Julie-Beth..
      My best results have been a small male in a 5x5 pot pushed to flower.. RHSS-2 male was used like that and then cut back severely and put far away for now.. The next 2 males are in isolation inside the house in front of a south facing window..
    I've lost 2 tops in a row from huge outside flowering males.. Died before the flowers opened fully..

8. Seeds arrived today
    The 5 RHSS solo entries got split up to individual cups today
    Hardened off clones of SG stock.. nearly all time-dark adjusted DG and Halo clones from seedlings
    RHSS-1 against the house
    Dark Goblin in the patio 20..
    Girl Scout Cookies the late planted trio of seeds
    2 of 3
    I put the veg boxes back in operation tonight despite my better judgment..
    Box 2
    Box 1 .. Had to top MVTF and another to conform to the space..
    Back to veg stage if you please..

Motored the dingy over to Marine Stadium tonight for the Long Beach Municipal Bands last performance of the year waterside.. Rafted up with a couple other boats and traded appetizers before the show..

Attached Files:

9. YAY!  LOL

~JB~

10. #1090 BrassNwood, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
    A bit of rain this morning.. Went over and watched a bit of sprint boat racing in marine stadium yesterday.. More of that on deck for today..
    Hopefully this bit of rain doesn't put the damper on the usual Sunday morning car show in seal beach..

A few seconds of racing..

Attached Files:

11. Woody, I'm sending in a Old Friend of mine who is just starting out on the growing thing...Her GC ID is "texacalirose"....I've known her for 30+ yrs & is very good people....You Guys help her out!  LOL

~Julie-Beth~  trying to help those in "need" in Nevada!  Go Nevada!  LOL

12. Naturally we'll give her all the help we can..

13. Billy's in BIG TROUBLE!!!  Fire is getting ready to take out his place in NorCal.....send prayers & good vibes guys!  He's gonna need everything he can get.....shit.

~JB~

14. Prayer sent

15. #1095 BrassNwood, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
    A little walk around the garden after the usual Monday morning BT spraying..

Afgooey
    RHSS-1
    Chem Valley Kush
    Northern Lights
    Sticky Monkey
    Dark Goblin 5gal
    Dark Goblin 20gal
    Lucky 20gal
    Blue Berry 3gal seedling.. Hungry plant..
    My soil could have used a bit of re-amending but shit happens and it didn't get done
    Halox2 5gal
    Halox2 5gal
    Girl Scout Cookies.. Late planted seed it's doing just fine..
    The parent plant was by far the best tasting plant I've grown to date.. The cuttings didn't take and the re-veg the gardener weed whacked to death and I thought I'd lost the strain but a very few seeds cropped up in the bud when I broke it up to smoke.. 3 of the 5 planted sprouted..

Attached Files:

16. Group two

RHSS-2 messy little revegs for the most part.. Flowered to sex I really didn't need to run the 6 of them but I was over ruled..
    RHSS-2
    Girl Scout Cookies 3 of 5.. LOL
    RHSS-2 x2
    Dark Goblin in the Transite ring.. While this spot is limited on light it is the biggest single amount of soil and 3 feet deep
    Purple Kush
    Train Wreck
    Blue Berry
    Halox2
    Blue Dream
    Darth Vader
    Girl Scout Cookies 1 of 5

Attached Files:

17. Group 3 inside the garden

Red Headed Step Sister original flavor whole plant pollenated with RHSS-2 male
    Blue Berry seedling
    Manatuska Valley Thunder Fuck
    RHSS-1
    Haze
    Lavender
    Sticky Monkey.. Another messy re-veg.. This fell over in our little rain and needed staking this morning..
    Lavender..
    Blue Berry back outside the fence..
    RHSS-2
    Train Wreck
    Clones

Attached Files:

18. Last few..

More clones
    IBCC solo starts of RHSS-2
    Dark Goblin and Halox2 clones.. This set I have the highest hopes for as they are light adapted coming from seed grown outside plants and cloned under 16-8 lighting..

Attached Files:

19. I am so envious.

20. No shit, Clampit.....& he keeps that yard FULL year round....I have yet to see a slow-down in his growing...even tho' he has voiced the "possibility" of cutting back & taking a break....yeah, right.....LOL

~JB~  lookin' at the 23 seedlings that have popped in the last week....wow, where??? :yay: