An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Look at what I found at Lowes today..
    Threw down the rest of my SG gear.. 3 more Dark Goblin and 2 more Halo x2
    Even more beans.. More bag, More RHSS, Whole cups of loose RHSS, Lavender and Blue Berry
    Winter harvest spent a few minutes out of the trash can for a rotate and an hours dry

Attached Files:

2. I'm using Mycos at $3 a bag...i like the soil mix so much i think they'll be no hydro this summer..no worrying about ph, ppm,wtr temp...cook the soil early and then just chill..wtr when needed..who knew soil done properly could be so efficent

3. Picked up this Indigo Tomato at H&H nursery today
    The SG gear continues to get with the program..
    Had a confirmed RHSS-2 seedling break ground.. 

Attached Files:

Where are you getting it at? 

5. I get Mycos at my hydro store..the smallest size lasts me a pretty long time

6. #706 BrassNwood, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    A clone run to San Pedro got us a mess of freebees as Mr. S was a 1st timer and I get a couple as the referring person.. A nice haul all in all..
    A few names
    A few clones
    SG gear, a couple of adventures and 3 confirmed RHSS-2 are now up

Attached Files:

7. I finally started tp'ing cactus..i can only do a little bit at a time because my knees are shot and working with tongs is difficult while trying to keep my balance and not get stuck..supposed to have showers so i put a tub out..i got a lot of cacti to tp and this is going to take a while transitioning-yrd wrk-yo-yo'ing 009.JPG

Those of us that still live in dark age states.... HATE YOU GUYS....   Not really, it's jealousy.  Looking good Brass.

9. Worked on getting the winter crop in jars.. With small amounts I chose to load multi strains in a 1/2 gal
    Sticky Monkey left me some seeds.. I suspect M1 was the parent male as only a couple of feet away
    New and old clones out for a drink
    Seedlings of now and to come
    The SG gear is the oldest with some RHSS in the next wave
    Our 4 latest RHSS to break ground
    Winter harvest done

Attached Files:

10. #710 BrassNwood, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    Super Silver Haze
    Train Wreck
    Girl Scout Cookies
    San Pedro
    Chernobyl
    Blue Berry
    RHSS
    RHSS
    Lavender
    Black Water

Attached Files:

11. Blue Berry in the transite ring
    Super Silver Haze
    Train Wreck
    Lavender
    Northern Lights
    Red Headed Step Sister
    BB a very late plant
    GSC another late vegger
    RHSS

Attached Files:

12. SG1 gear.. Dark Goblin and Halo-2
    Several Red Headed Step Sister are up now..
    A few more just breaking through now..

Another away mission to the San Berdo mountains for a couple of three days.. Mr. S will be watching things while I'm gone as usual..

Attached Files:

13. Everything looks awesome Brass....just like always. You got it all nice and orderly out there too. I need to take a page from your book my man. Safe travels out there in them mountains.

14. Up at the Butt crack of dawn again and dashed off to the grow before sunrise and sprayed GreenCure-potassium bicarbonate for Powdery Mildew control..
    I hit everything in the yard yesterday morning with BT-Thuricide to keep the blasted caterpillars in check
    Yesterday we broke a bunch of heat records and topped 92 degs in Long Beach.. Blistering hot with wind tunnel blasting conditions most of the day..
    This morning is more of the same with hot offshore winds already blasting at 7:20 am
    Delayed our road trip to San Berdo a day as the wife ran off to see her dad yesterday..
    One thing the high heat did was sprout most of the laggard seeds I planted over a week ago..
    As you can see we have more RHSS-2, a couple more bags and a couple of Blue Berry-2..

Attached Files:

15. Woody....PM OUTSIDE????  WTF?  Isn't that a rare thing in SoCal?????

~Julie-Beth~  Oh, by the way......Good Morning..... :wave:

16. Good morning Julie-Beth.. Powdery Mildew runs rampant in my yard most of the year.. It seems stuff like squash comes with it from the seed.. LOL..
    The roses already show it on the new growth and I know some of my plants won't be far behind.. It's just part of growing outside in So Cal I've come to acknowledge and simply treat for on a routine basis

17.  Woody i'm thinking your location has a lot to do with it..aren't you close to the coast with fog on a regular basis? i'm what they call inland dwn here in SD so i don't get that much..also your garden looks kinda sheltered from the wind..so maybe the fog lingers? idk..today it's windy and hot so i'm gonna wrk in the garden early for couple hrs before it gets too hot

18. #718 RED BEARD, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
    I get it on my roses for sure but it seems to stay with them as I have my peppers,tomatoes and corn in the same plot and never had it in the veggies not sure why but only the roses get it I've been in this location 4 yrs and always just the roses!

smoke em if you've got em

Attached Files:

19. I did a little change up last week and did a round of Neem oil on all the roses.. It's a triple knockdown as it controls aphids and thrip in addition to mildew..
    http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/garden-safe-neem-oil-extract-concentrate/ID=prod6204211-product?ext=gooHousehold_PLA_Outdoor_Pest_Control_prod6204211_pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6179081
    found mine at Lowes..

20. Well damn!!  I did NOT know you had a PM problem.....& that it's a common thing....learn something new every day, right?  Right....But I would have to agree with the Doc & Sfv....you must be sheltered somehow....but I see a good "breeze" in your Videos, Woody...so, that can't be it, ya think???

~Sundown-in-Colorado~  Oh, HELLO Sfv.....I'm Sundance, the Crazy Bitch that has been MIA....nice to meet you!!!   :bongin: