An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Great info thanks a lot. My humidity out side runs about 30-50% and inside my house my hygrometer reads mid 40s to 55. i kept the drying room around 75-77 degrees. is that still to hot for drying? because even the morning after i trimmed it smelled grassy. Im not sure how to slow the drying down more than that. i dont want to blast the AC for that one room.  The plant while it was budding smelled really good its not like it smelt like shit and i was expecting my cure to solve everything. 

2. #42 BrassNwood, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
    67 degs and 71% humidity this AM
    68 degs and 68% humidity on box#2
    Took G13 Diesel #2 today
    Can one contents out for an hour
    Can two All Blue Dream out as well
    This afternoon I took one of the just harvested G13 buds and a 62 % Boveda pack and stuck both in a jar to see..
    3 hours later I would have expected to see a 100% reading with out the pack .. I didn't see any reason to run a control bud in a jar with no pack as we all know what that would have done
    Hit the Hydro store for a pack of grodan cubes and a bag of perlite and took 14 cuts off the 7 kids in veg..

My drying adventures are by no means an exact science yet and for the most part I'm making it up as I go.. But my general target is to take about 7 to 10 days to get to the low 60s Humidity from harvest.. 2 to 3 days on the line then bagged and canned for about 5 to 7 days ideally dropping about a point a day till 62% is reached.. At that point jar it with a 62 % Boveda pack and call it done.. I think I'm In love with them things..

Attached Files:

3. Is that one of the clones you took????   Looks good to me, Woody..........

4. Super Silver Haze #2 has pulled into the lead at 22 1/2 inches
    Our 7 current veg stage plants
    One of the new and improved sites at 18x18x18
    2 sites dug here
    Other side of the fence I figure both plants will be harvested before I need to dig 2 new sites in this area..
    Can't really enlarge this pair
    10 new cuttings taken today using the rest of the cubes..

Attached Files:

5. #45 BrassNwood, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    Our 6 beauties and the RHSC enjoying the 92 degree day
    2 new slow dry devices
    G13 Diesel 1&2 off the line and bagged today
    G13 Diesel #2 canned
    Bull Dozer 3 or 5 depending on how I count.. took her today
    Bull Dozer trimmed and hung
    Blue Dream 1&2
    G13 1&2
    Super Silver Haze #2 outstripping everything and everyone at over 24 inches.. Her last night under lights..
    Hung a well wrung microfiber in Can #1 as todays 92 degree temperatures pushed the humidity down to 36%..

Attached Files:

6. A Walk Around What's Left of the Garden

Bull Dozer 3 or 5 depending on how I count..
    White Widow #1
    Sour Diesel #1
    Train Wreck
    O.G.Kush
    Tahoe O.G.Kush
    Sour Diesel #2
    White Widow #2
    Purple Haze second flowering

Attached Files:

7. Damn I hate indecisive mornings.. SSH#2.. I have to make some command decisions today.. Blackout ?? plant? unbind her roots and plant..

8. Nice yeild!! Thanks for posting  :)

9. Super Silver Haze #2 on the left and Train Wreck on the right
    Northern Lights #1
    Northern Lights #2
    NLs 1&2
    SSH #2
    TW
    The tray of 24 cuttings now with a few cuts added from the plants I'm harvesting
    Herijuana
    Can #1 after a night with a towel in to bring humidity back up.. this dropped back to the mid 60s
    Sour Diesel pre harvest
    Same
    Black Berry and the 2 G13 Diesels out for some dry time.. about an hour late in the day..

Attached Files:

10. #50 BrassNwood, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    Herijuana harvested today
    Tiny Bull Dozer down on the end and Sour Diesel #1
    Another 18x18x18 Site
    Purple Haze gets this site
    Red Headed Step Child gets Bull Dozers former SIP untill I can tell what IT is
    RHSC about to take a trip to the dark side

That left SSH #1 out in the cold as I ran out of time.. so tucked back in box #2 for the night

Attached Files:

11. #51 Sundance6758, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
    Go Woody!!!!  LOL  Busy, busy....& your clones are at least green!  They look good.........where's my Kleenex........

12. #52 BrassNwood, Sep 26, 2013
    Super Silver Haze #2 the last of the 7 got her new home this morning..
    Long shot of our 4 current star dancers
    Purple Haze
    Northern Lights #1
    Northern Lights #2
    I'll swear I left nothing but a stem and a single trimmed leaf
    And again
    And yet again ? no way.. It's my old eyes playing tricks on me.. tomorrow they will be gone..
    Just can't happen
    Hot glue, some sticks and a faster top to vent or inspect

Attached Files:

13. Grow it and show it keekeep it up brutha.

14. #54 BrassNwood, Sep 26, 2013
    With the starter boxes off and cold the pressure on me to get out to the grow and get the kids out for the day has gone leaving me some morning time to post and read a bit..
    RHSC has to come out of the dark this morning is the only real must do item.. Besides the usual need to continue to harvest.. My back, hands and eyes have had enough..
    Most of the stuff in Trash can #1 is dry enough to jar with a Boveda 62% pack now.. I need to order another Brick of the 60 gram packs
    But I can take them from the current 12 jars as they are long stable and shouldn't need the pack as long as the jars stays sealed at least till I get more packs..

Can #2 will present more of a challenge as it's all Blue Dream.. Each cut down paper bag holds 100-150 grams about.. and just about fits into a 1/2 gallon mason jar.. I can see I'm going to need more jars even though I've been stockpiling them all summer.. Or just get off the dime and start making dry ice kief again.. that shrinks weed stockpiles real fast.. speaking of I have a half a trash can full of trim shake I need to process as well.. Getting low on both grades of Kief anyhow..

My overwhelming curiosity about the cuttings will force me to go sooner rather then later.. In general my luck with cloning has been very poor 3 from 30 but most taken from plants already flowering.. with both bubble cloner and soil attempts

15. #55 BrassNwood, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    Things are dry down to where I want them now and it's time to jar
    Mr.J's Black Berry all dried and well on it's way to full cure in a few more weeks..

1/2 gal jars of

9 Blue Dream
    2 Blue Berry
    2 GDP
    2 Train Wreck
    Bubba Kush
    Master Kush
    Purple Kush
    Afghani
    BC Big Bud

Quarts

Kryptonite
    Master Kush
    Blue Berry
    GDP
    Train Wreck
    Whitaker Blues
    Head Band

Bought a pack of the small 1 inch cubes and
    Transferred all the flowering cuttings into their own tray
    The cuttings with the junk removed
    Northern Lights
    Super Silver Haze
    Purple Haze
    What I suspect is a Black Berry seedling

The most recent harvested all wind up in Can #1
    Sour Diesel
    G13 Diesel
    Herijuana
    Bull Dozer #1

Attached Files:

16. Mr. J is supposed to bring his copy of the Tahoe O.G. Kush over for harvest trim this morning..
    I still have a few plants to harvest and I'll do a bit of microscope eyeballing today..
    2 copys of White Widow
    Sour Diesel
    Train Wreck
    Tahoe OG Kush
    OG Kush
    Purple Haze

Mr. S who helped all summer long with watering duties and showed me a thing or 3 about trimming remains in ICU.. We visited him last night for a short time.. but learned this morning they put him on a ventilator sometime in the night.. will be seeing him later this morning..

Having done my own hospitalization tours I know all to well the painful slow crawl of time and anything or one to break that is a welcome sight indeed.. even strapped, trapped, tapped, drilled, needled, and drugged beyond senselessness I was aware of people I knew even if I couldn't reach threw the cotton candy surrounding me to acknowledge them at the time..

Get well Mr. S..

17. Here's one for you Mr.S..... :bongin:   Get well guy, you all did a fantastic grow this round....you all will have to teach me!

~Sundance-needs-a-teacher-Woody!~

18. #58 BrassNwood, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
    Our star seedling needed some help today as it had pushed it's self all the way out of the cube so with a fine probe I reset it a proper depth and tucked some loose wool on top
    The 24 up and coming group of cuttings
    A few close ups..
    Picked up 5 lbs of dry ice and processed most of the half trash can of scraps into 2 1/2 jars of Kief
    The current contents of Can #1 out for rotation.. Didn't stay out long as temps are still high and humidity very low..
    Mr. J did show up and worked alone until I ran out of dry ice and then I helped him finish up his Tahoe OG Kush..
    O.G. Kush after trimming just a few branches I decided this messy little plant would just get hashed and wet stripped it all..
    The current load out in the only can running.. G13 Diesel, Sour Diesel, Black Berry, Herijuana, Both small Bull Dozers from the SIPs
    Moved the light down a tad on the cuttings..

Went and looked in on Mr. S this afternoon but he was sedated.. His pulse is lower and his respiration with the ventilator is much more reasonable..
    We're off to check on him now

Mr. S is still knocked out with better pulse but he's still over breathing the respirator.. CT scan today was a  big negative,, Tonight another one with enhanced tracer dye to have a better look at his lungs.. Our thoughts are with you Mr. S..

Attached Files:

19. #59 BrassNwood, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
    New kids are all doing just fine so far..
    We not only picked our head up we opened it
    And
    Stood up nice and tall at 3/4 of an inch overnight.. 
    Cut it's cube from the tray and moved over to the big kids play house
    Harvested Train Wreck today..
    And took Mr.J's Tahoe OG Kush down off the line and stems
    Tahoe and Bull Dozer got started on their journey in the slow dry can

Attached Files:

20. Great info here!!
    Legit setup!!!
    Noticed the use of the Boveda packs these things are so awesome in my experience with them if you fill half the jar lay the pack in so both large areas of the pack are facing your product it cures a bit quicker. When one large area side is pressed against the glass it cures a bit slower.

Great thread and Happy Growing

Sent from Chargers Headquarters