An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. And the same returned to the Silly household..

2. Gardens are all progressing but its a long way Tipperary...lol! wk 3 flwr 002.JPG wk 3 flwr 004.JPG herm gets the chop 009.JPG wk 3 flwr 006.JPG wk 3 flwr 003.JPG wk 3 flwr 005.JPG

3. [​IMG]
    Looking really good in there Doc.. I'm itchy to get my next round out of the veg shed but I've got to amend the sites first..

BNW

• Got it all weighed out and was about to pour in the 151 when I realized it was a 2 ounce bottle not a single..
    • Loaded up the wheelbarrow with the Kelp meal, crab shell meal, Neem meal and small alfalfa pellets and each hole got a 9 ounce cup worth..
    • Main grow amending
    • Close up.. I'll churn this all in well in the next day or 2
    • Can loaded for the night
    • NYSD cut ready to plant
    • Picked out the 16 prime clones for the next cycle
    • The left overs and some starts I just took
    • Packed veg shed
    BNW

Attached Files:

• Once more while they are small enough everybody came out for some IPM this time it was the Spinosad
    • The just sprayed 8 inch.. I reversed order and sprayed as they came out
    • The about to be sprayed 8s
    • The 5s out for a spray and a drink
    • Broke out a new case of jars and scrubbed the funky smell and feel off them and loaded in the 5 most done plants from the can.. I don't have Boveda packs for them but I'll run some hash next week and that'll free up a few packs.. I'm good enough at judging how dry the bud is and the packs are just insurance so I'm confidant I'm close enough to 65-62%
    • Reloaded and rearranged so the smallest cups, the 3s are nearest the door as they'll need water first..
    • Ground up about a 1/2 gallon jar of Malted Barley Grain and tossed about 2 ounces in each hole and churned up the amendments..
    • Another case of jars as I'll need a few more as the last of the drying plants in the trash can finish.. I've got plenty of jars so no need to pack them..
    BNW

Attached Files:

4. Sup Brass! A late happy thanksgiving to you and all the crew here. I hope yours was a great one man!

5. I got my split shift sleep thing going on so i'm up early..crashed 6:15 pm turned lites on 45 min early woke up 11:45..gotta do tp's this morn..the two autos on the right pink d x amnesia will go in 1/2 gal smarties in the hall window to see if they work the way they're touted to..if so i'll have a spot specifically for autos..the pair on the left are Purple Fire an indica strain..the one is already pushin roots from the bottom..think i'm going to build a new res just for them.p/u a 4.5 gal tote at lowes with snap top..theres also a 8 gal and the tops for bth are interchangeable..the rest are HAZKS and comin up fast they'll all get 1/2 gal smarties..the cuts in cloner are SFC and i hope they take..one looks good the others probally won't make it..think i gotta cut the stems longer nu gear 006.JPG nu gear 004.JPG nu gear 009.JPG

6. #3009 BrassNwood, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    Yepp a fine time was had by all Deez.. 2 dinners on the day and 2 nights in a row of giant Turkey pot pie leftovers
    .. I'm all turkeyed out for a while..
    ---I got really tough on plant numbers and scrapped a few more pulling it down to 16-18.. Think I'm gonna stick with 16 as that's what the trays hold of the 3 inch cups.. Each will hold 9 five inchers but I'll just leave the center hole empty so that's 8 on a tray 2 trays of 5 inch pots and then the 8 inchers..
    ---Still working out the details of incorporating the 8 inchers into the grow.. This run like the last I didn't have much time in the 8s and I worry I'll disturb the root ball like I did last time as they didn't have enough time in that size pot for the roots to really fill in.. I've finally caught up with things and I've got at least 12 ready to step up to 8 inch pots so this next set will have 2 months give or take to fill in them 8s
    ---All the current 3 inchers will step to 5s at that same time in a gradual increasing of pot sizes.. I could handle the 5s at ground planting time just fine but them 8s are much bigger and clumsy things and I had TTS as help last time but he's off on the east coast for an extended stay so planting this run is going to be fun..

BNW
    Edit:: I see you up at stupid hours too Doc I'll take 2 caps and 4 shots of tincture and lay back down but it's not working tonight.. New batch of caps made from a different strain.. Bubba Baby it says on the jar..

• Another tincture refill
    • Dumped out the 3 small SIPs for cleaning.. I should go buy a new white bucket and ditch the original black one.. It works and proved the design but the color always has the plant running in it looking roughest of all the plants as it's just to hot on the roots..
    • The just graduated from the cloner
    • Looking across the 3s and 5s
    • 3 inch top view
    • 5 inchers
    • 8 inch
    BNW

Attached Files:

7. Love ur gardens man u socal guys are on point I'm jealous lol

SOLAR SPOT
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1334958-Jay's-Solar-Eclipse-Journeys-and-Organic-Adventures
    Subbed up now don't know why I wasent

8. Brass, you are a busy man! Can't wait to what happens this run. All the little ones look so healthy and green!

9. #3013 BrassNwood, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
    Welcome in Jay.. Don't be jealous man it was a shitload of fuckups and mass killings to get this far.. Think there is a link to my original thread on this one's first page.. Some amusing reading if you have nothing better to do.
    I so wanted to get some planting done but the blasted neighbors had a crew and a crane pulling their old roof mounted Heat-AC off so all my outside activities got scrapped for the day..

==================================
    • This mornings read
    • Smaller amounts get time in this old Styrofoam shipper
    • The 6 jars I picked out for hashing
    • You can see most of the kit is packed in the 5 gallon receiving bucket
    • Hashmaster 5000 kit unpacked.. It was about this point I spotted the crew and the crane working on the roof next door and packed it all back up and dragged it in the garage..
    • With the first couple of runs done I weighed out 10 grams for the 2 dishes and tossed about 15 grams in the big dish to decarb for tincture
    • Working in the garage
    • With the decarb done I measured out the oil and got things under way while I continued hashing
    • I've taken to tossing the post hash remains on the soil pile..
    • The hash take
    • And finally after 3 heats and 2 freezes I capped up my work
    BNW

Attached Files:

10. #3014 BrassNwood, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
    • 3 inch pots
    • 5 inch
    • And the 8s
    BNW

Attached Files:

11. How do you maintain this magic...

You're a truly talented gardener man.

-Sent from a mini farm in So Cal.

12. Thanks Cali.. I just keep rolling out the plants and keep the cycles running..

Long time no see Brother Wave.. LOL you are one of The Few, The Proud, The Privileged..
    BNW

• Amending perlite and bark chips
    • Amends
    • Ecoscraps
    • Composted Chicken Manure
    • Eco and manure
    • Got out the ready to go decarbed hash and started 2 dishes
    • Had 1 empty bottle and a bit over a gram of decarb left
    • Coconut oil and Lecithin
    • Capping
    • Tossed the remaining surplus clones
    • Got about ten of the 3x3x3 plants kicked up to the 5x5x7 pots and dusted with mycos as I went.. Still half a dozen roofers working next door so I held off yet another day of getting the 8x8s in the ground..

Attached Files:

13. Welcome back down the hill.

14. Thanks mrsilly.. It won't be for long as my better half wants to head back up at the end of the week.. If I can get everybody moved up a stage I can be gone for up to a week if needed.. Nobody needs much of a drink for the first week or two after transplanting..
    BNW