An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. bad ass!

2. outstanding!

Chef.

3. #2203 BrassNwood, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    My Solo cup Challenge 5 entry
    Left and center trays are my summer runners the right hand tray is surplus as is 12 more rooted in the cloner
    Garage wall set
    Patio group'
    The east siders of the patio.. This gets good sun all morning but I've never used this area
    One of the 2 seedling Blue Berry sexed male

Attached Files:

4. #2204 CanadianOrganic, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    Oh my god! This is gorgeous. So many plants.

Know what I found out the other day? Say you're allowed 10 grams a day fod medical conditions, here in Canada, you can have 50 plants. I couldn't believe it.

5. #2205 BrassNwood, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015

Attached Files:

6. #2206 BrassNwood, Mar 29, 2015
  7. Diggin the funky shades!

8. Shoot, I hope my MCD male gives off some sexy color like that. It should with all the plants I'm breeding it to having purple or blueberry in the makeup.

9. #2210 BrassNwood, Mar 29, 2015

Thanks CO.. I ran 3 girls of MCD up from seed and this is the 1st set of clones .. The cooler temps of spring have brought out some colors on just the one..

10. I always love seeing pink and purple pistils. They're just so gorgeous and eye catching.

11. More than most, I look to your journal to compare my progress as I dream of harvest.  Although your efforts are tailored for finishing outdoors, you choose to work with them in a size that's not so much larger than what I strive for that I lose hope.  The RHSS line may not get as much airtime as the top forty but it plays on my mind more than any other.  While I may take constant pot shots at what I consider the foolishness of favoring designer strains, there is no arguing that the genes of this particular specimen are a wonder to behold.  I place no faith in the reliability or scrupulousness of seed boutiques but imagine a system where vehicles like this site allow the exchange of techniques that offers other growers the opportunity to uncover the treasures they don't realize they have in every seed.  My experience with the Golden Tiger was a costly reminder for me that what I have at hand is immeasurably better than the illusion of marketing;  even were I to have gotten better than six out of ten and brought them all to harvest, the appearance of the wide range of distinct silhouettes in those that did, proved that even with predominantly Sativa genes nothing is written in stone.   Your most eye catching pheno is the cut you were to have scrapped but couldn't part with;  would that others were so loyal and tenacious.  

12.   I'm pleased more then you know to play some part in giving you something to compare against.. While I had hopes of putting on more veg time the rapidly advancing change of seasons mandated I get them out no later then mid March.. With the loss of 2 trays of clones it threw my scheduling all to hell for a spring run..
      While my breeding efforts with RHSS did produce one interesting offspring it doesn't have the matte finish leaf trait of the parent but does have far more flavor so I've kept the ( pink ) line as well.. I now have some feminizing spray I'll try and see if I can get seeds directly from the original RHSS strain this next set as I think I'm to late for this group..
      The summer of 2014 was the season of seeds for me with RHSS male pollenating more then just the intended target RHSS-orig.. The few -3 seeds I've run so far are disappointing having no sign of the sought after leaf trait either and seeding out several other plants to the point of near uselessness as the fully seeded plants are just nasty.. Even the hash was harsh and best used mixed with coconut oil as capsules..
       As far as strains and traits I'd have to say most of them are Indica or that side leaning hybrids.. Only 2 show the slender fingers of the Sativa side of the family tree.. My Blue Dream is the most skinny fingered followed with the Manatuska Valley Thunder Fuck.. Both have the Sativa lanky build and rather loose airy buds..
      Only having bought seeds once when SG listed some back on seed bay while he was at that other site and that is my Dark Goblin trio the rest of the strains have come from close friends who are now accessing some of the highest quality clone strains available in California.. Other seeds from the same high quality sources have come into my possession so I have them to start, sex and clone as well..
      As always it's good to have you drop in and post my friend.. BNW

13. What exactly is the charm of the matte finish you've mentioned that has you keeping such a critical eye out?  Without yet attempting to master cloning, seeds remain my best hope of revisiting a favored product;  pollination via accidental exposure in my efforts have produced seed but not as a planned event.  You mention a few more than you intended had gotten dusted so I'm guessing you allowed nature to handle the magic or did you collect and distribute yourself?  I've still got my Anomaly slowly withering away on top of the Clown Car getting only the light that bends around the corner from the Big Room and may try to squeeze it back into the Vegetarium to see if it still has the spark of life.  

14.   The matte finish is just something rare and easy to spot even in early veg.. With so many all the same looking plants it's just one that stands out from the field.. I'm fairly certain the dull color and softer feel to the leaf is part of why she turns such near full black under enough cool temps..
      I did get carried away with my pollination efforts but even bagging the intended target enough stray pollen was floating around to contaminate everything within about 10 feet.. I know now to water down any adjacent plants to limit unintended cross pollinations.. For now I'm just back to tossing the boys as they show their colors..

More fun toys in the parking lot for Sunday Farmers Market.. This original Morgan..

Attached Files:

15. And for this months installment of "Lets Guess that Sex" we have the long awaited Honey Banana 10 days into flower.....

Attached Files:

16. Nice balls ..... Sorry bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Damn, male. You wanting a male? lets hope so.

Morning all.

Chef.

18. Thanks...:(

Nope, I wanted Smoke not sperm.... LOL

19. Damn. lol. got some more beans linned up or can ya get a guarenteed clone?

Chef.