An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Hey brother Brass! Hope alls well with you, looks like youre busy! Please tell mister TTS poke said hello!

Enjoy your weekend buddy and dont work too hard my friend!
    ~ poke

2. If I were to spend any time at your mountain retreat, I'm sure I'd figure out a way to combine nature walks with some soil gathering from the rich humus from nearby to expand your mix down in the lowlands.  

3. #2143 BrassNwood, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    While I've considered doing just that the primary trees are pine and cedar both high acidic needles.. The few deciduous oaks I do have loose most of their leafs to gypsy moth caterpillars.. While there are areas I filled for years with pine needles and deep in them no doubt is good humus I'm a little gun shy of it.. I should do the test and see just what it does in a few pots..

One of our fellow So Cal growers has access to composted goat manure for free bring your own buckets and shovel so I may just head up that way for a load of that.. With the finding of horse grade alfalfa pellets 50 lbs for 15 dollars I've been adding a 1 lb coffee can worth to each cubic foot for amending as I replant each hole..

4. TTS was good enough to send this from the cloner.. Betsy, Bubba Baby, Strawberry in this set.. He says most of the SG gear has broke out as well.. The Purps, Ravnus and Nocturnal..

Attached Files:

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLrHeRYuXw0

6. hilarious!

7. #2147 BrassNwood, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    Seems fitting to put my 4000th post here.. TTS got some seedlings out of the cloner hopefully before they stretched to damn much.. I'll be back in town today and get cracking on planting the Solar and T5 plants..

Attached Files:

8. #2148 BrassNwood, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    The T5 High Output is needing near constant raising in sharp contrast to what is happening in the 2 boxes.. With all the CLFs dated from 2013 they just don't have any oomph left.. At 5 bucks a whack for the name brand CFL in the 6500k I need I'm looking at 80 dollars to re-lamp the pair of them.. 8 lamps in each.. And 80 the next time and so on.. New tubes for the T5HO are 10 each.. So I'm thinking about grabbing another T5HO and scrapping the cardboard boxes.. They really have outlived their usefulness and both are slumping again..

Attached Files:

9. Upgrades!..you gotta luv them only problem is what to do with the old stuff?..after awhile storage gets full of stuff you can't use or sell because it's obsolete..no one wants it..i'm sooo lucky i found people to give the stuff to who can really use it..i think my days of building proto types from what i read about is over..

10. I knew this was coming and soon Doc.. Them CFLs got way to many hours on them.. I've been getting fails and swapping in even older units to make up.. Just didn't want to pony up hydro shop prices.. When TTS spotted that open box badly taped T5 High Output and got it for 10 bucks off it made the case for the 1st one.. I doubt I can give the slumping cardboard boxes away rather I'll gut the parts and salvage the fans for use in the shed and smash the boxes for recycling..

11. T5 High Output
    Cloner shuffled after removing about 9 fails
    Same
    Everybody out for a drink..
    Chernobyl behind the kitchen door
    Ashratu on the patio just planted
    Ashratu #2
    Goblin Queen
    Neon #1
    Neon #2
    Mazar #1
    Mazar #2

Attached Files:

12. Left to be harvested..

RHSS-3-1 None of this set carried the velvet leaf and black color at finish so out of the pool with this group of F2s
    RHSS-3-2
    RHSS-3-3
    Train Wreck
    Blue Dream I think..
    Chernobyl
    Haze
    Chernobyl
    RHSS-pink

Attached Files:

13. #2153 BrassNwood, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015

Attached Files:

14. That lite extension is wack! reminds me of invaders from mars death ray..lol!

15. Sounds like the acidic humus would be good for plants like Blueberries, if you are into growing fruits. Im sure theres a couple other plants that would thrive in those humus rich, acid lovin environments.

I wonder what the acidic effect would be of that humus first composted through a red worm bin? :confused_2:

I wonder if the acidity would level out? Ive got a pine tree i planted next to my worm bin, maybe ill do an experiment now :)
    :wave:
    ~ poke

16. #2156 BrassNwood, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    3 of the RHSS-3s taken down
    MVTF
    Darth Vader
    Blue Dream will go here
    Darth Vader in the far right hole as well
    Patio replanted
    Garden gets new plants as well

Attached Files:

17. G ' day Woody! Been a bit since I've has any time to do anything so I figured it to be a nice for a stroll round the city. I everyone is well. Be easy friend. :)

18. #2158 BrassNwood, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    Out with the old and in with the new..
    The 2 CFL filled cardboard boxes are retired and the 2nd new T5 High Output 2 lamp 4 foot fixture goes in their place..
    The right side..
    A little more flexible then the old configuration..
    Sniffle.. And era comes to a close.. I'd donate them to a needy party
    A Ravnus and Purps needed a bit of support having gotten all stretched out in the cloner while I was gone..
    Already more usable space as I'm able to cram the seedlings in for the night..
    You find the strangest stuff in the parking lot.. This little classic Fiat 500 was waiting when we got back..

Attached Files:

19. Holy damn was I baked when I filled that post full of typos! :lol:

The intent was genuine though Woody!

20. No problem 3D I've done my share of well baked postings.. LMAO !!! :smoke:  :smoking:  :bongin:  :yummy: