Lets share pics of our vegetable fruit harvests

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by doinYoda, Sep 7, 2013.

1. I don't think I said anything about garlic. That's so cool that the leaves correspond to that papery skin. I've got a lot of basil to pick so I could use some of my garlic that won't keep as well to make some pesto.

Last year I kept some garlic in olive oil just to have that garlic-ey taste in the oil, but I guess it preserves it, too, cool.

2. :wave: doin! :)

totally forgot about this thread :(

been picking veggies here and there for a couple weeks.. some small red tomatoes, LOTS of cherry tom's and cukes.

watermelons are starting to finish up.. ate one already and picked another that i think is done.

pic of today's harvest.. fennel, cherry tom's, a couple small super steak toms, spuds, romano beans, and another watermelon that i think is finished.
    the romano (pole) beans are gonna yield insane.. i'll be gifting those till october i think lol..

0803 001.jpg

watermelon from the other day

View attachment 1519332

hope y'all had a good weekend..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice haul those beans are huge

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I think you should wander on over to that thread to see some nice garden shots, the past few days have been pretty nice for that thread, lots of pictures and delicious veggies to peep.

5. @[member="augustwest"] Nice harvest! Thanks for sharing :cool:

Aside from harvesting another round of oregano, parsley, several pounds of pickling cucumbers, and a few beans, I pulled half the carrots planted around the outside of one of my raised beds. The carrots I pulled weighed in at 2.2 pounds. There were a few funky shaped carrots, but they still taste delicious! :yummy:

carrots 1.jpg

carrots 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Those look delicious and I'm jealous. :hello: :yummy: :mad: :confused_2:
    I'm about to sow some carrots soon for the fall harvest, they're a pain in my ass; crap germination rates.

7. Here's what I'm getting this week

IMG_0866.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. I want to take the top off the banana peppers and stuff'em in a jar with a bunch of vinegar and spices and save their deliciousness for a later time.

I get this amount of peppers from my garden about every two weeks or so.

The habenaro's are going to go in some omlets....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cool thread

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Yeah, @[member="augustwest"] this corner doesn't get much love. There's just so many people on the Organic Vegetable Gardening thread, it's more satisfying to post and get feedback there.

I still like to give it a little action every now and then, though... :ey: :ey: :poke:  :cool:

yeah dude for sure.. i thought i was subscribed, but i wasn't..

but i am now :p

so..

i wanna dry some of these peppers.. any advice?

12. Um...if you want to hang them up to dry you can use a needle to thread string through the stems instead of having to tie a knot around every one. They make nice decorations while hang-drying too.

thanks dude..

does it matter whether they hang in dark or light? does temp and humidity make a difference?

sorry.. never done it before :p

14. just some pics from the pepper patch
    20140704_100017.jpg
    20140704_101655.jpg 20140815_183454.jpg 20140815_183529.jpg 20140815_183600.jpg 20140815_183543.jpg 20140828_190644.jpg 20140828_190702.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. A good day's harvest, a bucket of bud, and a few of the remaining tomatoes and peppers plus squash

P1020073.JPG

PW

• Like Like x 1
  16. #79 doinYoda, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
    Love the harvest pics, thanks for sharing! :D

Here's some of our haul from the garden since my last post.

carrot 2.jpg carrot 3.jpg

beans.jpg

corn.jpg

toms & Jcayenne.jpg

heritage rasp.jpg

harvest 1004.jpg

harvest1 1010.jpg grtoms 1010.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Some orange crisp watermelons and cantelope from last year. Everything seems to taste better when you diy.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1