Even blacks wont be able to say nigger soon... Nobody shall, ever... *evil laugh*

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jay-bird, Sep 5, 2013.

Absoultely untill we collectively say enough. If they want to make the name Washington Redskins a issue then well make all of this a issue so much that the shit pile hits the heavens. People want to censor worlds like "illegal" at UCLA well time to fight fire with fire. Any possible word that is offensive sue sue sue. Sue until the English language is so offensive that we all become silent robots.

It goes both ways.

Maybe to someone who has been affected greatly by that word, yes it's worth it. Once again, just because it is something that hasn't currently and personally harmed you, doesn't mean it isn't worth the trouble. To minimalize, marginalize and undermine the issues of others is in no way a step towards the solution of racial tension in connotation of words.

And overblowing, maximizing the issues of others is not a step towards the solution of racial tension either. 280 fucking thousand dollars is absolutely absurd.

Like I said, it is in your opinion that it isn't needed and you're free to believe that, but the same goes for people who take these things seriously.

:laughing: Cute little backhanded remarks do not support your position at all.

This is a step backwards for the ending of racial tensions. Now everybody is going to be trying to sue over being called some kind of racial slur. It's absolutely fucking frivolous. And if you think that's right then you're all for racial tensions continuing. Point blank.

6. Sue the fuck out of racists, bigots and misogynists.  Society can't change fast enough but suing the dickheads will speed things along nicely.

Yes, let's clog up the courts with frivolous lawsuits that basically attack our first amendment rights. :rolleyes:

8. Absolutely.  You have to put pressure on the system before the system will change.  No pressure, no change.

9. [​IMG]

That wasn't a backhanded remark, it's a statement stating our right to different opinions. But if you can't hold a debate without getting salty then I suppose we can just leave this alone and agree to disagree.

Says the girl that suggested I don't take this shit seriously :rolleyes: What do you really know about me to suggest I don't? 

Passive aggression isn't any different than being salty.

Also, playing the race card in a discussion about race is pretty fucking weak.

12. This case did impress me. It's about time this word is considered malicious and offensive in all contexts and when used by people of every race. I'm assuming they will be going after those spooks that run around saying it aimlessly and repeatedly.
    :hello:

13. I assume we'll also be going after all actors in movies like Django Unchained, too.

We should definitely continue lending power to that word in order to end it's oppressiveness

After all, we know bullies only stop when you react to them, not when you ignore them.

14. Man who cares about a word. Sure racism is bad and black people had it bad a hundred and fifty years ago, but conditions have obviously gotten better. I don't think calling someone a name is worth $260,000.

She's nothing but a leech.

Again?  When exactly did it go away?

16. Wow, blacks had it bad 150 years ago?  Hope you're not a historian.

They were slaves 150+years ago, but they've still got it "bad" in most of the country.  Yes things have gotten better, but not equal.

18. the longer a word is "banned" the more sensitive and controversial it'll become. so why dont they just let everyone say "nigger", or ect. the word "motherfucker" used to be extremely controversial, well until you hear everyone, including the big screen, use it frequently, now it lost its insulting power. my idea is have it said as much as possible until it loses its "sting" theyre complaining of.

and what makes that word more offensive than other racial slurs? how many blacks say "cracker" or "honky", and yet have no punishments?! the only reason these people in the link are complaining is so relentlessly is because they're black obviously. yet in a way i do agree, that if you dont want someone to use a word, you and your people shouldn't use it. but i saw these ideals are bullshit, the more you hide a word the more controversial it becomes.

19. Has it not improved since slavery was abolished? Every step towards civil rights was better. I never said they had it equal then. I was more or less reffering to the word Nigger being used on plantations compared to the way its used today, on a free person.

And I'm not going to lie, the way we brought the African Americans into the country and refused to educate them for so long has definitely hurt the generations afterwards, but how do they have it "bad" in most of the country? Its almost mandatory for a business to be an equal opportunity business. Hate crimes are punishable by law, and people are getting paid $260,000 for getting called a name!

Choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. - Jerry Garcia

20. Choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. - Jerry Garcia