Even blacks wont be able to say nigger soon... Nobody shall, ever... *evil laugh*

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jay-bird, Sep 5, 2013.

1. So, does that mean i can go and sue all the rappers out there and become super rich?

2. #22 FALSE, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013

You depend on them for a living wage and are contractually obligated to be their subordinate in a work environment? 

Honestly, I would be pissed and not want to work for anyone that called me anything other than my name.  This woman is smart though, she is going to make 280 grand.  Good for her I say.  Why all this sympathy for the boss?  Sounds like a dick getting a bit of justice.

3. Wtf 280 grand for getting offended? That's fucked up

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Dilligaf. I live in a county where only 4% is black

Sent from my LGL86C

5. A modern person who believes it is their right to be called what they want to be called by anyone. Acting like it is a God given right to always be given a work environment that caters to you.

People aren't forced to do anything.

6. People have given names and they have a right not to be publically berated and taunted with derogatory terms. This is truely about a hostile work environment and not about the political correctness of terminology.
    Is the desire to find fault in everything a move from common sense/decency? :smoke:

7. 280, 000 because a black man called a black woman a nigger? Thats really fucking stupid...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. A boss shouldn't repeatedly insult an employee, period.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I could totally stage something like this and make bank

I don't think anyone's arguing the right to a work environment that isn't hostile.

The point is, should anyone be given 280,000 for having their little feelings hurt?
    No.

11. #31 jay-bird, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
    Exactly. I'm all about sensitivity and establishing a precedent and etc. but this is too much The first amendment is being attacked.

12. That place where she works is a branch of STRIVE, in Harlem, and is not a normal workplace.  They take ex-offenders, drug addicts, drop outs, the homeless, all kinds of other hard cases, and try to turn them into responsible citizens, by preparing them to work.    If you're going to work in such an environment, which the administration freely admit is a "tough love" atmosphere, you must be capable of handling  a lot of rough talk - in other words, leave your sensitive side at home.    

13. Wow it's funny because I'm pretty sure that most of the people saying "it's just a word!" aren't black. It's also funny, really hilarious, that most people can make this a case of race when in reality it's a case of as someone said before, the work environment created. If your boss constantly called you something that made you uncomfortable, then you have every right to say something. That also has something to say about the professional level of her boss and how he treats other employees. But the fact that is was a racial term does add weight to this because even though both parties would be on the oppressing end of the insult, it still has a lot to say about how racial groups that go through certain stereotypes (like being expected to be okay with using a certain word because you're the effected party) and are expected to just go with it.

So many people are told to get over it, it's just a word, it's only as big a deal as you make it. But if this is a real life issue, that is to this day rampant, then obviously there is a reason why there is a big deal around words. Like I said, if you aren't the offended party, you really shouldn't just dismiss the feelings of those who take this shit seriously and tell them to get over it, that shines light on your ability to actually see an opinion/argument/debate from a different perspective and realistically evaluate it. I can understand why people say it's just a word, and they are right to say that it's getting the attention people put on it. But as I stated, there is a reason why to this day people get offended at certain words.

Just trying to give a personal, political, POC point of view

14. She needs to get Club Soda Kenny'd nigga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQMqEwmUz9U

But is that worth 280,000$?

Should everyone that's called some racial slur be given that kind of restitution?

16. This woman, the attorney, and the courts, have hurt a non-profit organization that has a record of helping people who are trying to better themselves.  

17. What were the women actually doing? What led to his string of "offensive" comments?

18. #38 garrison68, Sep 6, 2013
  19. #39 Powerwiz, Sep 6, 2013

When I read the news on that I thought the same. Every smart phone has a voice recorder and people are always playing with them. No one would notice that you are recording there voice. Just turn it on, and that audio file as simple as it is could be our gateway to vast riches. You could do this a infinite amount of times as well. Usually the goal is to settle out of court. 15 grand here, 50 there.

Oh well everything is fair game.