htg complete grow tent kit 400w

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 4Medical, Sep 2, 2013.

1. my current shopping lists:
    amazon:Phresh Filter 6in x 24in 550CFM - Phresh
    $142.95
    You save:$52.00 ( 27%)

free shipping
    --------
    ebay:
    From <div style="margin:0px;font-size:small;font-weight:bold;font-family:Arial, Trebuchet, 'Trebuchet MS';">xcceries ( 284236[​IMG])  

<div style="margin:0px;"><div style="margin:0px 20px 0px 15px;"><div style="margin:0px;text-align:center;">[​IMG]

</div><div style="margin:0px 10px 0px 0px;"><div style="margin:0px 0px 6px;font-size:medium;">4" 6" 8" 10" 12" Inline Duct Exhaust Fan Air Cool Blower Vent Cooling Hydroponic
    \t\t\t\t<div style="margin:0px 5px 2px 0px;font-size:15px;color:rgb(102,102,102);">Condition:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tNew
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSize:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t6" Flange
    \t\t\t\t\t
    </div><div style="margin:4px 20px 0px 0px;font-size:x-small;color:rgb(102,102,102);text-align:right;font-family:Verdana;">Quantity:
    <div style="margin:0px;font-size:20px;">$72.90

</div><div style="margin:0px 0px 3px;font-size:15px;"><div style="margin:0px 4px 0px 0px;font-size:15px;"> 
    eBay FAST'N FREE

(On or before Thu. Sep. 12)
    </div>Free shipping

</div></div> 
    </div></div> 
    <div style="margin:0px;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold;">This item qualifies for: 
    Sale and clearance

RemoveSave for later
    </div></div> 

</div></div> 
    <div style="margin:-2px 0px 0px;"> 

You'll get this offer: 
    Sale and clearance | 
    Shop now

-

</div> 
    From <div style="margin:0px;font-size:small;font-weight:bold;font-family:Arial, Trebuchet, 'Trebuchet MS';">hpsgrowlightstore ( 7080[​IMG])  

<div style="margin:0px;"><div style="margin:0px 20px 0px 15px;"><div style="margin:0px;text-align:center;">[​IMG]

</div><div style="margin:0px 10px 0px 0px;"><div style="margin:0px 0px 6px;font-size:medium;">iPower 600w 600 watt HPS MH Grow Light Digital Dimm System Indoor Garden Set
    \t\t\t\t<div style="margin:0px 5px 2px 0px;font-size:15px;color:rgb(102,102,102);">Condition:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tNew
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tBallast:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tiPower 600w Digital Dimmable
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tReflector:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t6" Cool Tube with XL Wing
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tBulb(s):
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t1 HPS + 1 MH
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tLight Hanger:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tPair of Rope Ratchet
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTimer:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tNone
    \t\t\t\t\t
    </div><div style="margin:4px 20px 0px 0px;font-size:x-small;color:rgb(102,102,102);text-align:right;font-family:Verdana;">Quantity:
    <div style="margin:0px;font-size:20px;">$198.86

</div> 
    <div style="margin:8px 0px 0px;">Free shipping

</div></div> 
    </div></div>RemoveSave for later

</div> 

</div></div> 

From <div style="margin:0px;font-size:small;font-weight:bold;font-family:Arial, Trebuchet, 'Trebuchet MS';">247garden ( 1163[​IMG])  

</div><div style="margin:0px 10px 0px 0px;"><div style="margin:0px 0px 6px;font-size:medium;">100% Mylar 600D Reflective Non Toxic Grow Tent Room Greenhouse for Hydroponics
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tNew
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tSize:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t40"x40"x78"/ (3.3'x3.3'x6.5')
    \t\t\t\t\t
    <div style="margin:0px;font-size:20px;">$119.99

</div> 
    <div style="margin:8px 0px 0px;">Free shipping

</div></div> 
    </div></div> 

</div> 
    </div></div> 
    \t\t\t\tSubtotal (3 items):
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t$391.75
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tTotal:
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t$391.7
    \t\t\t\t\t

2. opps, sorry the formatting messed up, hope it's readable.  do i need anything else for the tent other than ducting?
    next i'll work on the things for the plants.  i think i can get all that i need at the garden store in town here.
    and then seeds or clones from somewhere.  but i think that i need to go to a different forum here for that.  i sure appreciate the help folks.

yea you could if you did 2 8 week plants and swapped one out each month..you could get 3-4oz pretty easy especially with a 600w but 2x3 is cramped so i would do a 3x3 like rizzo said or a 4x4 with the plants in a 3x3 and some fans in there...scrog is the same as lst except you use a screen to tuck the branches under instead of tying them like lst..just google scrog screen or lst and look at the pics...for perpetual lst would be better but the main focus is getting an even canopy full of colas..training them makes the bottom branches become tops

4. oh cool, thanks, it's added to my shopping list.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That 40 by 40 that you have pictured up above will work with a 600.  This is just me, but I would go with that 600 over a 400.  Then I would want to maybe push for 3 oz plants and have four of them so you got 12 oz between all of them.  That would give you around 3 oz per month or so with the capability to increase yield a tad yet. 

That Phresh filter that you got picked out is an awesome filter.  I have that exact filter and it has been running 24/7 for the past two years and it still works.  That filter is a beast but man does it scrub that air.  Your plants can be in the late flowering when they smell really bad and you will not small a thing other than clean air coming off of that filter.  Also, thats a good deal for that filter at about $142.  You will be very happy with it.

Everything seems good.  From there your other variables could be as far as what you are doing for pots, soil/nutes.  Otherwise that will be a nice setup that should be able to provide the amount of bud that you need.  :smoke:

6. I was going to add that a 3 x 2 would be a bit small also.  If you get a 600 watt light, try to match that with a 40 by 40 or 3.3' by 3.3' tent.  Or if you get a 4 by 4, match that with a 1000 watt light.  You don't want too little light or else the buds will be airy, but you also don't want too small of a space either.  For fans, I use these six in clip fans and just clip one or two of them to the frame of the tent.  six inch clip fan in addiction to your high vortex fan as well which is used for free air exchange, filtering, and cooling the light.

7. okay, looks good to go then.  i'll get the order in tomorrow.  thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. well i'm having second thoughts on this set up.  if i went with the 1,000w setup with a 4x4 tent, do i need to change the filter or the inline fan also?  this is what i'm thinking now:
    this is a 4x4 tent that opens on the side instead of the middle, so maybe this would be better than the lighthouse brand i was looking at?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/48x48x78-100-Reflective-Mylar-Hydroponic-Indoor-Grow-Tent-Window-Room-4x4x6-5Ft-/380609054354?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589e114692
    ipower 1,000w grow light
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPower-1000w-1000-watt-HPS-MH-Grow-Light-Digital-Dimm-System-Indoor-Garden-Set-/150960088148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2325ec2454
    6" inline fan
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/230795646840?var=530059068836
    6"phresh filter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032JULLY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1TQQ4ZHI2444B
    ducting http://www.ebay.com/itm/400481400501?var=670090337671

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think the filter is big enough, but I'm not sure about the fan.  That fan probably is big enough, but its going to have to be pushed harder compared to if you just ran a 600 watt light with it.  Otherwise I don't know if anyone out there uses 6 inch fans for their 1000 watt lights.  I thought about setting up a 4 x 4 tent myself with that same filter mounted inside the top of the tent, but I would use an 8 inch fan and just use a reducer to connect it to the six inch ducting.  The idea is that the 8 inch fan can spin at a slower speed to remain quiet while still putting out the necessary amount of air flow needed.  Thats something that I thought about doing, but you could probably get away with a 6 inch fan also.

10. okay thanks.  i didn't realize i could do a reduction, duh, lol.  so i checked to see how much more it would cost to go all 8" instead of 6" and it would be about $100 more.  but if i only need to do the fan that would be great.  so i'm off to find a good 8" fan.  i wasn't able to find the 6" one from htg you like in an 8".

i'm confused about the difference in price for the 1000w light.  the only difference i see between these 2 is the fixture.  i'm wondering if this first one would work:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPower-250w-400w-600w-1000w-watt-HPS-MH-Grow-Light-System-Kit-Dimm-Green-House-/180877784621?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2a1d27f62d
    or should i stay with the more expensive one i was looking at:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPower-1000w-1000-watt-HPS-MH-Grow-Light-Digital-Dimm-System-Indoor-Garden-Set-/150960088148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2325ec2454

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not a problem.  I started out with a wing reflector myself because there are so many variables that most won't have a clue at first.  You figure out the hard way eventually that its just impossible to cool a tent when you use a wing reflector.

Looks good.  Thats about the exact same setup that I'm actually planning to build in a month or two from now.  Right now I have three 600 watt lights paired with three 40" by 40" tents.  I eventually want to experiment with that same setup simply because that setup could probably damn near double the yield that you can get from a 600.

Otherwise that reducer might be available at a local hardware store for a few bucks cheaper.  Lowes, Menards, or Home Depot may have it.

12. thanks, it's all ordered.  the reducers are less at home depot but i went ahead and ordered online since i don't know when we're going to town next.  it wasn't a lot more, less than $10.  i hadn't counted on paying sales tax though, oh well, guess that means they'll get here faster, i hope.

13. #37 hottrageous, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
    Sorry. Screwed up my reply. What did the system end up costing you?
    Do you have any idea how much your electric bill will go up?

14. #38 4Medical, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
  15. Depending on the rate of what your power company charges, I would say that it may cost roughly $42 per month to run on 12/12 and $63 per month to run on 18/6.  Thats at about 12 cents a kilowatt hour.  It will probably cost you well over $150 to do a full grow with this setup, but think about all of the weed that you could yield in the end.  :smoking:

I like this site for calculating cost.  http://www.electricity-usage.com/Electricity-Usage-Calculator.aspx?Device=&Watts=1050&CostPerKWH=0.12&HoursPerDay=18

16. That's not to bad. I thought it would be more. Thanks for the link.