the running thread

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by THEeric, Aug 30, 2013.

1. I've been running a lot recently. I try to do at least 5k, 3-5 days a week. Some days more. It's hard in the winter because I might not be out of work early enough before it gets too dark. People drive too fast on the roads I run and I'm nervous even with the proper reflective material some idiot will hit me.

About 2 months ago I got a bad case of plantar fasciitis. I had to stop running for at least a week and ease myself back into it. I was doing 10-15k pretty regularly and now I have to work my way back up there. I still get a little residual pain, but i've been trying to take the proper preventative measures.

I run with Asics Gel Kayano 19. Great shoes. It makes a world of difference using good quality shoes and not some Adidas Sambas.

2. Did 8 miles today, comfortably excepting that I had to pee really bad by the end.  Absolutely gorgeous day, and we haven't had many so far.  I've gotten out a few times this year.  A few 3-4 milers on the street plus a 3.5 loop at a forest preserve and I did 7 miles (looped twice) once.  Laid in the grass with my eyes closed for like 10 minutes afterwards just soaking up the sun.  I ran right past a deer today, on the 8th mile of my run.  She was just off the trail, she didn't get scared at all as I ran past maybe 6 or 8 feet away.  I swear we were looking at each other the whole time even after I past her, and when I waved she wagged her tail at me lol.  Sure is good to get out on the trail!

3. haven't ran since the LA marathon lol
    so it's been a little over a month.
    about to get some new shoes
    so I get back in shape and get that sexy summer muscle body ayy

ayy partybus

4. I had been running a good amount the past month, then injured my foot (bruised it bad,x-rays negative) last week and have had to take a break. Before that I was going on 6-8 mile runs like twice a week  baked as fuck to, love it like that... the music just carries you, and I keep a solid pace like 8 min 30 sec or so chillin speed

• Like Like x 1
  5.  i don't even listen to music while i run.  i love listening to the world around me.  yeah i love to run high too, its so... relaxing in a strange way, or maybe not i dunno. its something though.  and when you finally stop, the high is so intense with that runner's high too.  I can just picture myself running across the plains some thousands of years ago with nothing else around lol  :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I ran 5K (according to google maps it's 5K) today! I've been running almost every third day for the past 6 weeks, but I skipped the last 6 days due to laziness. Anyways, as I was running, I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was suffocating and couldn't get enough air. I guess I was just maybe off today from not running in a while, but it's strange since this has never really happened this bad. I still didn't stop, but I didn't like how this run went today.

7. I stopped running last November. I was running 6 miles in an hour and damn it boy did it feel good to be that physically fit. I think I'm gonna try to get back into running again or at least try working out for thirty minutes a day five days out of the week.

8. I did, 3.68 and 3.8 on sun and tues. Tonight I'm going to run a mile dash as fast as a can! Do any of you guys use the nike running app?

9. I did a 5k lastly Sunday. My time was 26 minutes 30 seconds.
    I was conserving too much energy, not knowing how easily I could run it. I could have done it faster for sure, and can't wait until the next one.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Just found out my time was 25:34!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I didn't go running today, except a few flights of stairs

12. 3.5 miles this morning not ran for 3 weeks fuck me I cud tell :-(

Fish , chips , cup of fuckin tea , Mary fuckin poppins

13. ran 7 miles with a .25 mile cool down last week at night... took just 30ish second over an hour... pretty good cruise pace just over 8 min per mile.... LOVE NIGHT RUNS