Blue Cheese DWC ScrOG

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Aug 29, 2013.

1. #22 GoldGrower, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
    here they are a week on. that first one is not giving up lol. its taken a beating but root are growing pretty fast now, id say its in the clear..

[​IMG]

2. blue cheese, scrog on a flood and drain.... seems like this will be the thread that changes me from being a creeper to subber

3. the nutrient strength is still rising unfortunately, im bringing it down to an EC of 0.22 every morning but by the next morning its back up to 0.25 

i dont want to bring it down much lower as the plant's requirements will soon be rising. i may bring it down to 0.20 if its back up to 0.25 tomorrow. its using about 300ml of water a day but i think some of this will be from evaporation due to it being pretty warm in there. my extractor fan seems to be crapping out on me. cheapo rubbish, i may buy a systemair fan for that box one day

4. I am going to buy a blue cheese seed for my next grow, I have a few WW clones going but I really want to add some variety to my garden

5. Sup man good luck with Ur queso strain I been stalking an nice to see u didn't give up on Ur girl.

I been thinkin of the white cheese myself when it comes to the cheese strain. Hopefully somthin better comes out before I finally order seeds

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I take it white cheese is a cross between cheese and white widow? That sounds awesome

7. Yup! herd its suposed to be pretty sugar coated and keep the cheese smell. Guess it depends on what traits u get in ur batch of seeds

8. I'm just finishing up harvesting my white widows so the box they were in will soon be free to take on these two blue cheeses.

I have had an awesome harvest. The system really works well however, I still think I can get more if I had more height.

So I'm going to change it from flood and drain to DWC. This should give me an extra 5" of height doubling what I have now

Whats the weight of your pull from the white widows?

10. #31 GoldGrower, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
    I don't know yet as most of it is still drying but at a guess I would say about 4 ounces. Not bad from a 250w hps in a 2' x 1.5' x 4' box :)

I wish the box was 5' instead of 4' I reckon I would get even more. I'm in the middle of making a bigger unit and scrapping my multiple box system so should have no height issues afterwards

11. #32 GoldGrower, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    A week on from the last photo things are really starting to move now. Each day the is a noticeable difference in growth. The first plant has got plenty of roots and is doing just fine. I didn't need to buy the second one.

They are too big for that bucket now and need to be moved on to a bigger container. I have a 60litre container ready for them, I just need to sort out the grow box so it's ready to go. Hopefully that will be all done this evening, and I hope I have enough grow nutrients

over this past week the plant's nutrient strength requirements has grown from a possible 0.10 - 0.15 EC in the recent photo right up to 0.35 - 0.40 today.

[​IMG]

12. I actully been emailing people an 3 companies are sending me free nuets. So try hitting up companies u like an they'll send u stuff free shipping too

13. #34 GoldGrower, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    I only want to use growth tech's ionic range. It's the best I have ever tried, cheap too, but I have to mail order it so it probably won't be delivered until after the weekend. I should of ordered it last week but didn't realise how little I have left

Thanks though

14. I have finally moved them to their big boy box. It's been a nightmare harvesting my white widows. I still haven't finished but I have taken them and the old system out for now. There is a shit ton of small buds under the screen. I don't want to waste them but trimming them is driving me crazy, it's so tedious and time consuming.

But enough of the white widows, this is about blue cheese. My height is really restricted, this is what had caused the problem with harvesting the white widows. To prevent this happening again I have swapped my original flood and drain system for a DWC. This will allow me to double the height of the growing shoots above the screen.

My reservoir is 60 litres and I only planned for the one plant but it should hold both ok. I have re-potted them both in to bigger more stable pots.

The EC is currently 0.40 and the PH 4.8, a little low than I prefer but it will soon rise. I'll check it in the morning and if it hasn't risen to a preferable level I will adjust it.

I have a 10 litre per minute air pump and I will be installing another one in the next day or two

15. Subbed.. ill be copying your setup soon only I have a 400 watt bulb..

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #38 GoldGrower, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
  17. Got some Fem Blue Headband I wanna try.. thoughts ?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I have never heard of that one