Easy 600w MH/HPS Blue Cheese Pineapple Chunk

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by EasyYM, Aug 28, 2013.

1. I've been looking at my plants thinking.. Well come on keep going..

Looks like I took the 'Don't overwater them' advice to the extreme and actually underwatered them, so they haven't grown at all for the last 3 days, which sucks.

But it's a learning curve going from outdoors to indoors.

2. Yeah but mines in the roof, that's why my temps a tad high

[​IMG] 

3. Is probably one of the hardest things... That's patience take your time they will grow

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Hey man, lookin Good in here, all good things take time:D I'm in the last few weeks right now, dragging soo slowly I just wanna harvest and shut er down for a few weeks already.

5. I'll get some pictures up soon, gave them a big drink the other day then I've been misting them pretty heavy.

Looks like they're coming back around now, got some nice healthy green on the second set of blade leaves coming through which is encouraging.

6. Well here are the pics, like i said they were somewhat stunted because of my lack of watering, but they're bouncing back nicely, the second & third Pineapple Chunk are doing especially well

First two are my Blue Cheese

IMG_20130909_161640.jpg

IMG_20130909_161644.jpg

These are the Pineapple Chunk

IMG_20130909_161649.jpg

IMG_20130909_161653.jpg

IMG_20130909_161657.jpg

Heres a group shot

IMG_20130909_161634.jpg

and here i've got R2D2 keeping my ladies nice and cool, he's abit bulky but it was only $40 at a garage sale (perfect timing!)

IMG_20130909_161629.jpg

The other day i had a blow out with my ghetto duct tape job, so i got these, peerfect.

IMG_20130909_161728.jpg

All set for success, had a few tiny little bugs flying around in there when i took these photos, so i hit them with some White Oil spray which is supposed to kill most things without harming the plants

7. Shit man I knew you had a journal in here. Subbed glad I'm in before it gets too long  :bongin:

8. Seems like its silly season here on GC or something..

A couple of days ago i started getting some leaves really drooping down and brown marks on a few of my plants, so what i came up with was that it was a pH problem, which it wasn't really, but i transplanted them all into bigger pots with a fresh mix of soil i brewed up.

New soil mix was the best i can get.. 50 % premium potting mix, 15 % organic soil, 15% perlite and 5% of some 7 in 1 premium organic fertiliser.

When i took the plants out of there original pots i noticed that the soil was really firm and clumped together, i put this down to the 33% seed raising mix and 33% of organic garden soil i put in there to get them started. The seed raising mix was very fine dirt kind of stuff, and when that gets wet i think it just all clumps together and no water was really coming from it, or through it.

Yesterday.

I go into my plants to check how everything is going in there and see water all over the floor! The ice cream container that i use the catch the condensation(?) from the a/c unit overflowed and was everywhere. So i frantically clean it all back up nicely and let them go for the rest of the cycle.

Today I realised that i over the past week i had been misting the actual leaves abit to get them.. i dunno healthier? (lol) so that what the brown marks are on some of the leaves, and the leaves drooping and looking shit had been caused by myself dropping the reflector down another 2 inches to get *better light penetration*

So all in all, these plants come from a rough home, they've been abused like no plant should. They're on there on now.

Group shots

IMG_20130913_155805.jpg

IMG_20130913_155819.jpg

Pineapple Chunk 1

IMG_20130913_155827.jpg

Pineapple Chunk 2 - My bad bitch, best looking - The leaves have smaller leaves coming through underneath, they showed up within 4 hours.

IMG_20130913_155831.jpg

Pineapple Chunk 3

IMG_20130913_155835.jpg

Blue Cheese 1

IMG_20130913_155841.jpg

Blue Cheese 2 - notice the brown spots on the leaves

IMG_20130913_155845.jpg

IMG_20130913_155851.jpg

Everything looks to be going better, and new growth everywhere. They're coming along slowly but im sure they'll make it through, might veg a bit longer to compensate for the hard upbringing

9. Your stunted pretty bad there. I have a plant that looked like that in February and now it is still less than a foot high and I have been through 2 harvest since I planted it. I still have it in the same soil I planted it in and its doing shitty. I used Empire builder soil with all the amendments already added. Now I am using roots organic soil for other small plants that were in the same crappy soil and they sprung back to life. Watering would have went a lot easier if you started your plants in a smaller pot also. 

What I would do is transfer them to a solo cup or something and water them with ph'd water and some of that great white.

Damn tho, I hope your plants spring back. Im growing blue cheese in hydro right now and cloned the hell out one plant I been vegging for 1.5months. I also ordered Pineapple chunk and 4 other random seeds from attitude. I had a hard decision between BC & PC on which I would focus on. 

10. 600 watters are not the most efficient lights for seedlings, but they'll work fine from far enough. 600 watts at 16+ hours a day is just always an overkill for a few sprouts. Once you get a small veg spot, you'll have an easier time with seedlings.

Another thing similar to what I mentioned about the thermometer.. black pots get really hot too if they're absorbing a lot of light. Roots like to stay cool, even more importantly than the canopy staying cool. Again, this probably wouldn't be a problem if the light were less intense, or if the plants were big enough to provide some shade. I've seen my outdoor plants in black pots get really droopy looking even when they have water. Covered the black pots with white rags and that fixed it. Backing the light up is probably enough to fix it in your situation, but covering black pots in panda film or anything white can also fix that. Moving the light two inches usually doesn't make a huge difference unless you're already really close. I'd keep the light at the very top of the tent, and the sprouts almost on the floor of the tent (just at or right above the intake).

As soon as you see a sprout, I'd stop misting and just give them a little bit of light until they grow a few good sized leaves (2 or 3 inch blades at the least). Never mist the top when the intense light is on them.

I've seen other people do okay with worse looking sprouts, so I wouldn't say you're SOL. But yea, might be stunted and end up taking much longer than normal  :confused_2:

11. Thanks for the feedback guys, I checked on them after their the lights came back on, everything is better, should have got the out of those pots faster.

All a learning curve

12. Hey guys, been busy lately and I decided to cut my losses and drop 4 fresh seeds, they're getting their second set of leaves now

I'll get some pictures up in the next day or two :D

13. I hear you buddy I'm planting 3 new ones tonight too :)

I was just going back thru here when I saw there was a new post lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SG-HIGHASFCK using Swishers and Herb

14. Yeah well things have been a bit quiet on here it seems, update your app atl it's awesome.

15. Looking forward to watching these new ones go.
    I'm currently building my own cabinet not much unlike yours so it'll be cool to see how yours goes

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Damn I feel like I'm in a whole nother world with this update!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SG-HIGHASFCK using Swishers and Herb

17. Welcome to my party dude, any idea on strains?

18. Ha thanks man. I'm leaning towards master kush and northern lights. But for my first grow I'm thinking it's prolly best to use some bagseeds I've collected recently from some killer stuff. Just in case I've got a black thumb :/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Hey guys,

Like i previously said, i germinated 4 new seeds a week ago now (19th Sept) and i'm going to be getting rid of my old stunted plants, except for maybe one of my pineapple chunk plants (picture 2), i'm going to see how it turns out compared to the new one's and make a decision then.

In the pictures you have.

1) a group shot, i still have 2 others im not ready to cull yet for some reason :confused:

2) is my best seedling from my first batch of seeds, its a Pineapple Chunk

3) is a group shot of the new seeds, 2 Blue Cheese (top) & 2 Pineapple Chunk (bottom)

IMG_20130926_200709.jpg

IMG_20130926_200734.jpg

IMG_20130926_200744.jpg

20. Nice setup, amigo. I'm subbed for the ride. Shame about your stunted plants, but it's all part of it, right?

All your new babies look real good though! Keep that 600w a good distance from them for a while until they get established. Even at 2ft. from the tops, that bulb will give them plenty of light,especially considering penetration won't be an issue until your fan leaves start coming in.