Easy 600w MH/HPS Blue Cheese Pineapple Chunk

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by EasyYM, Aug 28, 2013.

1. #1 EasyYM, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
    Yo blades,

I'm Easy i've done outdoor, but this is my first indoor grow,

I'm growing for myself and my partner, we both love blazing and doing our thang, but hate paying for our buds, which aren't that great and most of them seem to be sativa's, or they're just picked to early and make it extremely hard for me to relax/get sleepy at night (borderline a.d.d here)

The strains i've chosen are Indica dom from Barneys Farm Seeds, the MAIN reason i chose these two strains was for the height they grow, as height will become an issue for me later down the track, anyway like the title says they are;

Blue Cheese - Chose this one to help me sleep at night, its got a high THC level at 18%, CBD 1.4%, the reports i've been reading say its a really good night time smoke and plus, i've never had any buds that arent Green, or Green with some orange hairs.
    https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/barneys-farm-blue-cheese/prod_67.html

Pineapple Chunk - Chose this as my daytime smoke, and coz of the 25% THC level, CBD 1.1%, i doubt i've ever had any buds over.. 15%? so this one is gonna be goood :smoking:
    https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/barneys-farm-pineapple-chunk/prod_87.html

My equipment

600w Growlush digital ballast - not dimmable
    5.5 x 2 x 5ft grow tent
    6in 440CFM centifugal fan from Growlush
    Large air cooled reflector (2 x 1.75 x 1ft)
    600w Solis Tek Retro MH
    600w Lucagrow HPS - Might upgrade, might not, came with the ballast

I used the wet paper towel method to germinate the seeds, within the first 12 hours i had some cracking, so i left them for another 12 hours and then put them into my soil mix (1/3 perlite, 1/3 seed raising soil, 1/3 organic soil) then covered them over with cling film

I put them into the tent about.. 36 hours ago now, still havent seen any changes but hopefully i see something soon. So thats all for now, heres some pics of my setup to keep you entertained for another 30 seconds.

Peace

Easy

EDIT - Had to resize pics

IMG_20130828_183339.jpg

IMG_20130828_183437.jpg

IMG_20130828_183442.jpg

IMG_20130828_183456.jpg

IMG_20130828_183459.jpg

IMG_20130828_183512.jpg

IMG_20130828_183520.jpg

IMG_20130828_183554.jpg

2. Guess whos subbed up! Lookin great easy, your rockin damn near the same diminsion room as me, lucky you with a side door. Great strains you have picked out there, are you planning any lst or training?

3. Yeah but mines in the roof, that's why my temps a tad high

Open to anything really, I've topped plants before but never lst, would love to scrog, but yeah not to sure, in Florida Boy's journal he said he's going for 6 tops per plant and I like the sound of that.

Yeah loving the Barney's farm stuff, if I had some more space I'd love to pick up a blue dream, or strawberry cough.

4. Nice :)

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Inspecting my recently topped plants ive noticed that 3 plants produced 3 new tops from the first topping. Healthy and big stems are like the size of a pencil.

6. Best part about it they're only 3 weeks old :D

7. That's a healthy stem right there florida, I love multi colas!

8. Still haven't had any broken the soil, kinda disappointed maybe I forgot they usually take 3 - 5 to sprout. I put them in the soil about this time 2 days ago.

Hard to be patient my brothers!

Yo eclipse enjoy the show

9. 12 hours ago I was wondering when they were gonna break, couple hours later 1 of each had popped up, and now another PC has started standing up :D :D

10. Water those things easy, e. Sprouts are real sensitive to too much water, if you have to, use a spray bottle on the soil every couple minutes til its just moist enough, water accumulation in the bottom from a heavy pour can wick back up later and cause oversaturation. Check often if you water real light, they should dry fast ya know.. thays the trickiest part, starting em out! Hope they're doing fine, and you too

11. Cheers dude I'm all good except, I'm having some heat issues.

78-83F is what I've been around lately, and it's only going to get hotter here. Might need to look into getting a small portable a/c asap.

5 out of 6 have popped, I think that the last one might have suffered from the heat, before any of them popped I had the ducting come off the end of my cent. fan so it was blowing hot air around for a few hours :blink:.

And with the watering I've been tipping the water from the catch trays back up the top carefully

12. Well its been 1 week since these little girls went into the ground as seeds, i was disappointed they haven't grow more, but i only just realised that yes, it has only been 1 week and i should just relaxxx

Sadly 1 of the Blue Cheese seeds didn't make it to see the light and im not going to bother replacing her, so im left with 3 Pineapple Chunk & 2 Blue Cheese

Group shot.

IMG_20130903_213809.jpg

Blue Cheese 1 (Second to pop, 2 days) - Getting abit of space between her water leaves and her first true leaves now as i tried to show in pic 2

IMG_20130903_213816.jpg

IMG_20130903_213821.jpg

Blue Cheese 2 (Last to pop, 5 days, 2 days after the others) - She had a slow start to life, but thats why i've got her ontop of the bottle to give her that extra bit more light, she looks like shes catching up fine now

IMG_20130903_213824.jpg

Pineapple Chunk 1 (First to pop, 2 days)

IMG_20130903_213833.jpg

Pineapple Chunk 2 (Third to pop, 3 days)

IMG_20130903_213836.jpg

Pineapple Chunk 3 (Fourth to pop, 3 days)

IMG_20130903_213838.jpg

I've got those peices of cardboard protecting them from the fan, which is blowing them around quite abit, coz most have like a 2 - 2.5 inch stem.

Attached Files:

13. Yeah dude they look fine for 1 week from seed!
    I've been looking into tents, around how much is the one you have?

14. Those tents are called lighthouse hydro and they range anywhere from 80 to couple hundred bucks on Amazon

15. Yeah eclipse, mine was a touch over $100, it's 165cm x 65cm x 160cm to be exact.

16. Yo blades, picked up a second hand portable air conditioner today :D, got it set up in the tent and had it running at 77F for the last few hours.

Dropped the light down a bit closer to the plants and I have the a/c air running between the hood and the plants, but my temp gauge is saying it's up to 83F, I think this is just because i moved it into the far corner, under the light and not near the fan, or a/c.

Have a good day guys blaze one for me

17. Heyyy easy just a FYI on the temperature sensor those things are not a hundred percent accurate especially setting the underneath the light the plastic tends to heat up your hood could drop a lot lower normally I hang my temperature meter in the middle of my tent up top in that gives a fair to accurate reading..... I normally just put my hand at the top of my plants for a minute or so and see if its too hot or just right.

18. Yep, I agree with FL boi. I've seen thermometers say 130+ degrees in the sun. No outdoor plants died that day, and it was more like 85 in the shade. I take my indoor temps at the top of the canopy, but I make sure the sensor is shaded by a leaf or two, and I have a completely white thermometer. With a mostly black thermometer, I'd probably try to shade the whole thing. 83 in the light of a 600 watt HID bulb isn't bad at all IMO. Might be more like 73 in the shade. I'd start to worry around 85+ in the shade, although I try to stay around 72.

Looks like your plants are a little bit lower than your tents intake, so I'd raise everything a few inches, but it probably wouldn't make much difference anyway.

It's looking really good in there so far. Eventually you'll probably want a small veg space to keep things rolling along. Most people come to that conclusion.

19. Yeah like I said I've got the a/c in there now, so I'm not that worried, I know I need a better spot, I just can't seem to hang it on any of the support poles

Yeah spot on, I've been thinking about that lately.

I'm looking at moving interstate in 4 months for work, so that kind of throws a spanner in the mix there.

I'm leaning towards doing another grow after this but I really just need to see how everything is going to pan out. Should have a better idea at the end of this one