Are drugs worth it?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by FatDutchie, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Bud just cuts through all the bullshit so yeah it's sorta like a cheat code. 

So,  you liking the above quote is an admission that you are saying it's a gateway drug?   Instead of this passive aggressive merry-go-round why don't you just say exactly what you mean?  Spit it out, son!  

Thanks for that link.

Easier said than done. Some of it I already knew. Some of it I didn't but just makes sense. While the first part of item 6 I realised years ago, without the second, I wouldn't be here to read you post.

4. #64 shaddytheman, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
    Yeah some of the information in the context does sound off-putting, if anything Cannabis is more of a spiritual tool that opens the door towards self-growth so I'd disagree about it being detrimental.

5. Which means if that can't be accepted, who knows how accurate they are with the rest?

The experience I had (have had several times actually) feels like it's connected to the pineal. Perhaps it wants to break free itself. Surely its natural state is to be open, and if we are walking our spiritual path, than perhaps we don't need to buy into those ideas at all?

6. Heck yes drugs are worth it to find your supreme being of choice. Sometimes using different mind altering plants is what it takes. It's how I found my goddess and found my place as a priestess. But I'm not talking about anything non-organic. Using chemical drugs is about as stupid as you get when nature provides all for you.

Sent from my IdeaTab A2107A-F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Finding your goddess must have been a really wonderful moment. Were you expecting to find her or did she just reveal herself to you? You say you found your place as a priestess, so it sounds like you were already on that path. I agree with you about the non-organics.

8. I didn't expect to find her at all. I have studied religion many times in my attempts at college, and knew I had a calling, so instead of just reading more about them all and making a guess what was right for me, I meditated. Smoked a bowl and she came to me. I wouldn't say I was on the path already though. I'm only 28,but I always thought humanity in its current for was a parasite to our planet and believed we should do our planet right. More or less a tree hugger lol. But seriously though, she came to me in meditation when I asked the generic question of "give me a sign of what path I should follow. It was an amazing spiritual moment for me. If you want to talk about it, you're more than welcome to message me.

Thank you. Do you use cannabis as part of your priestess-hood (if that's even a word -  lol)?

10. Yes I do. Meditation, Geomancy and other forms of divination, and spell work. It clears my mind so I can do those things to my fullest. I don't believe that cannabis is the cause of those things among others, but it helps me get to the point needed to be successful.

11. Is being a priestess a solitary thing or something you do with others?

12. I have to be honest with myself that if I didn't start smoking pot, it would not have lead me to this life style I am living right now. Shit I'm on this website right now!  Is it for the better or worse?  That's for me to decide but I can tell you that weed opened the doors to make me aware of other things life had to offer.  So is it a gateway drug?  Yes.  

13. #73 Carne Seca, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013

So yes.  You actually believe it's a gateway drug.  Even though studies have shown  the whole gateway theory is utter bullshit.  The true gateway drug is legal and nationally obtainable,  alcohol.  The drug that lowers inhibition, destroys rational thought and kills 75,000 people each year in the U.S. alone.  

As to your gateway claim,  there are European countries that either legalized or decriminalized cannabis consumption and conducted studies showing use/abuse of harder "drugs" went down significantly.  AND the rate of cannabis consumption among teen to young adults went down as well.  

These are hard facts not personal convictions.  What you are doing is perpetuating a myth.  Feeding into the propaganda that cannabis is harmful or somehow detrimental.  You employ sophistry and anecdotal examples to suit your ideology that have no basis in truth.  

Reading over your response I see you carefully chose your words to give yourself an out.  I have a feeling the following response will be a I-didn't-mean-it-that-way post.  

14. I am not at all "feeding into the propaganda that cannabis is harmful or somehow detrimental."  If you read what I said, I'm explaining examples that my life wouldn't be the way it was without weed.  May that be for the better or worse that is irrelevant, yet still my life has changed because of weed and has open my eyes to other "highs" and experiences.  You can pick your poison when it comes to the drugs, but this conversation is about weed, so try not to bring alcohol in this.

There it is again.  That little passive aggressive hint that marijuana led you to harder drugs.    I brought alcohol into the equation because it was relevant to my point.  Speaking of alcohol (I'm sure I won't get a straight answer) but were you drinking at the same time you had this epiphany?   

16. It's not passive aggressive when my words only lead to that assumption.  Dude you need to relax man, you're using "blanket statements" thinking that I was drinking to prove your point.   I have never drank before in my life and I don't plan on it and this topic is about WEED and how WEED has influenced my life.

I know its hard for you to understand but there are people that have started off with only weed and have gone on to harder things and are aware of there own mistakes.

I asked if you were drinking, I didn't "think" you were drinking.  

18. #78 Tree Burner, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    You say you wouldn't have experienced other highs if not for marijuana......you don't know that. Other paths may have led you to the same place.

What got you smoking marijuana for the first time?