Cooking lobsters alive pretty F*cked up?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Avihigh74, Aug 26, 2013.

food chain.

you guys realize animals literally tear each other apart limb by limb and eat each other, right?

Well yeah in the end i say we gotta kill animals to eat and stuff but i think its fked up if its in pain when it could be easily avoided like killing it instantly instead of slowly doing it, sure its just one huge bug but dont all animals feel pain?

3. #23 SwichOne, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    Because we dont need to eat animals to survive. 

We choose to . 

4. Yes but the animals that do this do not have the ability to conceptualize as a human does. An animal is only acting on instinct and has no choice in the matter

We as people however choose to eat mean and kill when we could also choose to not kill animals for food and live as vegans 

See the difference?

5. #25 Weedity, Aug 26, 2013
    Seafood is not really a choice for me. It has major major major health benefits for the cardiovascular system that I pretty much need in my diet because of my family's heart history and my irregular heart rhythms that I already have at the age of 19.  

Health benefits I won't get as a Vegan. Humans are omnivores. It's what we do. 

6. So don't do it.

7. #27 SwichOne, Aug 26, 2013
    Is it  the omega 3's your referring to?

You can get the same amount from vegetables...seeds and nuts. 

Oh and humans are actually meant to be herbivores. 

8. This is 100% wrong. Why do we have two different kinds of teeth? One for
    Greens, one for meats
    Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #29 Weedity, Aug 26, 2013
    Seeds and nuts only have some much. There is more to it then just the Omega 3's as well.

We are meant to consume meat and vegies and I do just that.

If I didn't kill that fish an eaten it, some other creature would have killed it and eaten it anyway. Survival of the fittest. 

10. Well one could argue that point...

In the end, whether a person lives a vegetarian lifestyle has less to do with esoteric matters of anatomy and more to do with ethics and personal values. The architecture of the human body offers no simple answers.

11. #31 SwichOne, Aug 26, 2013
    I dont think we were meant to eat meat.....but as I said before, for me it is a moral matter more than a health one. 

If you need meat to be healthy then I would not oppose to it. 

12. To each his own.

But out of curiosity, why is it a moral matter?  

did you know clams can live up to like 400 years also?pet clams and lobster that's tight

14. #34 SwichOne, Aug 26, 2013
    Well for a few reasons. 
    • I try to not do unto others that which I would not like done unto me. 
    I would not like it if I was eaten by something for a meal .....so I feel that if I am not ok with myself being maimed and eaten...why should I do it to another if there are ways of living that do not require me to do so?. 

• I have a trust in karma and feel the eating of meat may have karmic repercussions.
    • I have compassion for all living beings and this is fundamental to my spiritual path
    Also there are many health reasons I would like to stop eating mean completely. 

15. I'd want an immortal jellyfish in that case.

Literally are immortal unless eaten or get a disease. 

16. #36 SwichOne, Aug 26, 2013
    With all that being said....I dont think those who eat meat are immoral or that I am right for not eating meat or that someone is wrong for eating meat. 

17. If you can actually PROVE to me an animal doesnt know it is hurting another animal when it rips it limb from limb then maybe I'd think before eating meat....
    I'm willing to say a lioness knows that the gazelle it kills is suffering but doesnt give a fuck because it is hungry, 
    Humans have the same kill for food instinct, to put simply It was/is much easier/reliable to kill something smaller and cook it than to forage/farm. 
    I mean no offense in anyway, just pointing out We're animals too, no different, we just think we are.

18. OP youre trippin.

Think about what that bitchass lobster does with its food. When it catches a fish, it uses its clawd to cut that fish in half. It then proceeds to eat the fish's insides while it is still alive! And its nit just fish it does this to before eating then, it also does it to small crustaceans and whatever the truck else is in the sea.

You still think its cruel to boil them alive?

Nahh its payback. Revenge for all the fish and crustaceans those bastard lobsters have dismembered in half and eaten while still alive.

Sent from my Eris using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #39 aznno0odles, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
    lol that immortal animal video on the youtube front page is fucking tight!!!

on another note , yeah you cant get the same taste from a lobster if you were to cook it dead. the meat becomes a different consistency and it dosent taste the same.

but... yeah my Buddhist ways agrees with OP but my stomach and human instincts says otherwise..plus most mother fuckers won't get to taste lobster in their lifetime so its all good. enough lobbys for everyone

20. #40 SwichOne, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
    A lot of ppl seem to use this defense when justifying the consumption of meat.
    \nBut it is a silly example to use...and does not make sense to me  because humans do not think like animals do. So why compare us?
    \n\nThe lobsters that do this do not have the ability to conceptualize as a human does. An animal is only acting on instinct and has no choice in the matter
    \nWe as people however choose to eat mean and kill when we could also choose to not kill animals for food and live as vegans 
    \nSee the difference?