Organic pesticides

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sherman, Aug 26, 2013.

1. I have a bug problem.

Plants that I grew outdoors have been relocated to an indoor setup for flowering. They are numerous and all free of any destructive pests, but they are loaded with other bugs like aphids and beetles. I need an organic pesticide that I can use to kill the bugs as they're very abundant and therefore very annoying. I've looked into making a tobacco tea (that is boiled to prevent TMV) and then sprayed as a pesticide, but I was wondering if anyone on here could share their experience w/ this and any other organic pesticides.

In all the time I have been growing things I have never had so many bugs as when I started growing marijuana. They love it as much as I do! :D

2. Just go get some neem oil.
    Ps. Aphids are destructive big and I would spray them ASAP.

3. Really? Maybe they aren't aphids then because I have no damage to my plants. There are a lot of them, tiny little white and yellow bugs but they are too small to take a picture of. I will look into the neem oil.

4. Nuke em

Sent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Neem oil will leave flowers with a funny taste if you spray on budding plants.. neem cake tea is the safer bet or spinosad.

6. organocide works wonders. They sell it at home depot.

7. Captain Jack's dead bug brew.

8. There's so many great organic pesticides. Neem oil is my go to, but can only be used up until about half way through flower, because of flavor, like mentioned above. Pyrethrin works great for most pests. I've used "garden take down spray" by monteray brand.  That would be a quick fix for your problem. Then there's spinosad and azamax which I honestly don't have much experience with. I use Safer BT for caterpillars and bud worms but it doesn't sound like that's the type of pests you're dealing with.

Then you can also make home made sprays with things like mint, garlic, cloves, and cinnamon. I like to use home made sprays in conjunction with the store bought sprays.

9. You know that the Monterey Garden take Down spray is just canola oil with pyrethrin and water? Wonder if you can mix a spinosad spray with pyrethrin. I asked Bud how he uses Azamax and he said he thinks it works better as a weekly systemic feed to help boost the plants resistance to bugs and shit. He told me that he mixes 1 ounce with 3-5 gallons of water and gives each plant one to two cups each week.

http://www.montereylawngarden.com/documents/public/products/TakeDownGardenSpray-2-column(07)-1012.pdf