Just found out the Christian religion is

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by litterlife69, Aug 26, 2013.

1. To kill innocents in vengeance to prove a appoint, then retract his statements later on? Sounds like a terrible plan to make people not believe in his word.

And ignoring the fact that get Old Testament and New Testament were not shaped by man is pretty ignorant, any historian of the bible can attest to that. Especially theologians. Why would they spend so much time trying to decide what words Jesus actually said ( many theological works attempt to show this and can only decide on 7 words that are actually spoken by Jesus himself given all the words written by man) .

And you judging my personality and mindset based on so little is far from trivial. But you will justify it however you want. You made that apparent.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #662 jayfoxpox, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    You'd think God could had just sent a ghost to scare the pharaoh shitless or give him a vision to convince him of his wrongful ways , but no , gotta go with the plagues and basically fuck over all the other residents that lives there.

3. The Lord, omnipotent and all powerful, truly is vengeful.

It's as if God exhausted all his options and said, "Oh well, nothin' left to do but just kill 'em all."

And some people wonder where the Taliban gets these ideas to kill others.....
    We are all infidels and deserve death.

5. From their perspective, it's just. Sounds familiar...and dangerous...

It's good to know that God kills babies in their cribs. Maybe those babies would have grown up to be evil bastards, so God had to kill them.

That's why God killed baby Hitler in his crib....oh wait......nevermind...

7. Zeitgeist

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence" - Charles Bukowski

8. #668 NORRIN RADD, Oct 14, 2013
    Like I said you can call it vengeance but that's not what it is. Like I said before, there's no reason for me to try to explain it because you won't get it. He didn't 'retract His statements' at all, seeing as the blood of the lamb [Jesus Christ] applied to the door would be spared.

You can trust in the word of man, but I'm not one to be swayed so easily. For you to say that the scriptures in The Bible were shaped by man, you are claiming that you know that for a fact which is false, but if you use hermeneutics you will see that God doesn't make errors and man wrote the words that were divinely inspired by the Holy Ghost.

Last of all I wasn't judging anything about you, I observed your posts and my hypothesis [which coincides with our discussion] is what I posted. Why don't you tell me what your beliefs are if my hypothesis of you not believing in anything other than this material plane of existence isn't accurate; you don't have to if you don't want to.
    Have you read Exodus?
    The ten plagues were a judgement upon Egypt for it's wrongdoings, if the pharaoh had just let the people of Israel go these plagues wouldn't have happened. The plagues were also signs to show the pharaoh that the God of Israel is the 1 true God, but he refused every sign even though his own magicians acknowledged that these signs were from God.

P.E.A.C.E. & Blessingz

9. Refuse to defend your stance. Sounds like a cop out since you can't explain to me the hypocracy and vengeance displayed by god throughout the bible. Using the excuse that I won't understand. Weak.

And ask a theologian how the original scriptures have been changed over the years by the church, and how the original works themselves were flawed in writing. You blindly accept their truth, but those who study them don't take them word for word because of this.

And you said I think on a materialistic plane. You have absolutely no reason to believe that besides false judgments. You know nothing about my beliefs, or ideals. I did not express them here. All I did was challenge the scriptures. Your attack was on me, not my discussion, making it a judgment on me, not my words.

And I don't tend to put my beliefs out there to be judged in threads like this when the faithful tend to judge me before even knowing me. Which you already did. So why should I put myself out there just to be judged further? And for what purpose? It is irrelevant to the topic at hand to begin with. I can discuss the bible without expressing my faith or beliefs. I have a very good working knowledge of the bible and it's creation and transformation over the years. That's all you need to know

10. #670 NORRIN RADD, Oct 14, 2013
    I'm not refusing anything, and it's not a cop out at all. You can't seem to wrap your head around it so why should I waste my time trying to get you to? The egyptians worshipped demons and were wicked, so they faced their judgement and this was retribution for their actions. What can't you grasp about that? It's not hypocritical at all, but like I said you can think that if you like.

Where's your proof of this? Where's the sources that these scriptures are flawed? & what makes you actually think they're right, just because these theologians have some sort of degree so you blindly follow them?

Really attack? :laughing: I didn't attack you at all. Yeah I did say this based on your posts in the religion forum, so no I wasn't judging you, based on the limited evidence presented I made a hypothesis.The real cop out is you not stating your beliefs. Why should you care what anybody thinks of them, you think I care if you don't agree with me or agree with what I believe? No I don't but that doesn't mean I'm not going to express my beliefs. & No it isn't irrelevant to the topic whatsoever seeing as I asked you and you claim I'm wrong about my hypothesis.

Maybe you have a good working knowledge of knowing it's contents but not of the reasons why things happened or the truth that lies within it.

P.E.A.C.E. & Blessingz

11. Egyptians are human beings. Your religion teaches they are wicked because religion divides people.

The Jews wanted to wipe out other cultures and used God as the excuse. Simple as that. Defending it is silly and makes you look heartless.

To think that a Jewish tribal war god is the "one true God" is just what brainwashing does. many cultures think they worship the one true God. It's all relative. Religion just divides cultures against each other. You think the BibleGod is the one true god and other people think it's a false demon. That's just the way it is. That's why you attack other religions, and they attack your religion. It goes in circles forever because people are insecure. Religious scriptures were written by man. Simple as that.

"My God can beat up your God" goes back thousands of years and it's still going on in the Middle East today. It's silly.

That's why you have such a warped view of the world, Norrin. You blindly follow a book written thousands of years ago and think every word in it is the truth. Killing all first born males is shrugged off as "Who cares? They deserved it. It's Pharaoh's fault." Human compassion is gone. It's like you have no thoughts of your own. All your thoughts are the thoughts of men from thousands of years ago.

:(

12. :laughing: 'Warped view of the world' 'Blindly follow' :laughing: You're the one whose mind is caught up in the rinse cycle son. I'm not insecure about my beliefs, I reject other religions but I don't reject the people associated with them. & The scriptures were written by man, but they originate from the Holy Spirit, for you to say that it's a fact that they are just man's thoughts written by man is ignorant.
    To each his own son. But the fact of the matter is you have no proof that He isn't the 1 and true God.
    Cats got it pretzeled for real.

P.E.A.C.E & Blessingz