Just found out the Christian religion is

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by litterlife69, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Lucifer was a fool! He'll be cast into hell with the false prophet and the beast after the millennium.

Because an old book says so.  :rolleyes:

Matthew 5:22
    "....and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."

Sounds like you have your seat of burning coal reserved right next to the beast after the millennium.

That stinks.

4. #45 Mister Woodie, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    God didn't say they would die from eating from the tree. where do you get your facts? He simply gave them a rule, but he didn't say what He would do to them if they broke said rule. I feel like people try to answer all of life's question with the Bible, the Bible tells us how to overcome death the one inevitable thing for every human. It's the story of how we humans can go on living after our earthly bodies have become dust once again. I'm not telling you to believe it because we all have our free will. Vanity might not make you foolish but rebeling against the omnipotent ruler definitely does make you foolish. 

On a side note i don't know why this thread was started on a pot forum. 

5. Unless you're talking about Satan, or one who doesn't believe in God.

\tPsalm 14:1-7King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=1.25em]14 [/SIZE]The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Jesus didn't mention that qualifier in Matthew 5:22. Nowhere in that verse does he say, "Anyone who says 'you fool' shall be in danger of Hell, (unless you are talking about atheists or Satan)."

That would mean you are guilty of adding onto God's word:

Proverbs 30:5-6 “Every word of God is pure; he is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.”

You're really on a highway to hell at this rate.

Yeah, but then it says that at least one other time (probably in Revelation, which is already an addition).  Anyway from your exchange, TIL that the author of Psalm is going to hell. :laughing:

ps. This thread: so brave :rolleyes:

8. Good thing we aren't under the law anymore. 

Genesis 2:16-17 
     The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die." 

true rebelling against god may have made him foolish, but will you also call a firefighter foolish for rushing into burning buildings to save people?

Then why did you quote the Book of Psalms? That's the OT. It no longer applies. Atheists aren't fools then.

That's quite a hypocritical position. Should I quote what Jesus had to say about hypocrites? Eh....you probably know anyway.

Good grief.

11. tis the times of tribulations

12. #53 Postal Blowfish, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    It does apply.  Jesus said so, then a few thousand years of religious thinkers found ways to say that's not what he meant.

v---  ...see?

13. Once Jesus died he took away all law. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. The only law you need to know now.

14. How do you explain Christian witches? They are witches who still abide to the holy ghost and all that shit but practice magick, which is just about bashed by every other christian (at least the ones I've met).

15. Christian witches! A contradiction of terms, mutually exclusive. Kinda like those pro-life abortionist

16. and if it exists at all...it is still as much a part of your god as everything else is......
    thinking your god is only good.....
    trying to leave out the parts you dont like.....
    these are the traits of fools.....

is the problem with following your book and not living/becoming yourself.....

human bulshit....claiming you need do nothing for yourself....... when you are the only one going to make anything happen in your life

God's a cunt.

Can you find a bible verse for that one?

18. #59 Mister Woodie, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013

there's this thing called mercy that changes everything and He showed it to adam and eve. if He would have killed the first humans then we might not be here today. He was saying that the death they would endure was the death of being perfect in God's eyes. and no a firefighter isn't foolish for saving people how does that relate to this at all tho? are you saying that because Satan felt he was justified in rebelling against God? if Satan knew he was an omnipotent God in the first place then he is indeed a fool. All Satan had to accomplish with rebelling was trying to be his own god.
    leaving out the parts we don't like? the OT has parts where God had to kill his own creations in order to save those who held the beliefs in Him or else the teachings of God would have been eradicated from the earth. God killing his own humans...I don't like that nor does any christian but it was necessary. How does following the Bible not allow us to be ourselves? the free will we have disproves that. it's up to ourselves to figure it out. 

19. never said it was true of all..... only of those who never look passed what they are told.....
    who never bother to figure shit for themselves....just leave it all to someone else.....
    "it's up to ourselves to figure it out. "      -this is the point some of us have been making all along.....
    some refuse to see past the pages of that book....

so maybe you will answer the question that SD continues to ignore.....
    where in your life is this god.....other than in that book......

(btw...i dont think it is impossible to answer......just that the answer tells me alot more about who i am talking to)
    most avoid answering at all.....