Just found out the Christian religion is

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by litterlife69, Aug 26, 2013.

1. a huge myth. Mindblown
    Just thought I'd share that

2. no shit. how did you just discover this?

3. Hah i never really looked into it, but I watched this documentary on Netflix and it explained it all. Jesus is the sun.

4. Since hundreds of years ago there's been many books and articles about the origins of Christianity.   It's just a compilation and rewording of older myths and stories.  

5. not all documentaries are accurate, i can find one that refutes it.   its better to always do ur own research

6. Yess, and those older myths I believe are from the Egyptians right?

7. Wrong section, and wanna share some insight instead of making bold claims with no backup (like religion).

8. Merry Horusmas didnt sound as good

9. Religion is slavery. Just watch Zeitgeist: The Movie on Netflix and you can get all the insight you want.

10. Yes, the comparisons to Horus and other gods from Egypt are very controversial, but I think that it's definitely true that Christianity was based on these myths.  

11. Nah, fuck that--that's too much work. It's much easier to simply take other people's word for it, never do any research myself or check sources and then lay into religious people for being narrow-minded and uncritical, without ever noticing my obvious hypocrisy.

12. #13 NORRIN RADD, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    Horus, Attis, Mithras etc. are really not similar to Jesus at all if you actually do the knowledge son...just a little info

1. Mithra was born from a rock, not a virgin
    2. Mithra wasn't born on the 25th of December & neither was Jesus
    3. Mithra didn't perform miracles
    4. Horus was not born of a virgin seeing as isis took osiris' DNA after re-assembling him and impregnated herself
    5. Horus had 4 'disciples' called Heru-Shemsu, the mesniu & 16 human followers
    6. Horus performed some 'miracles' but never cast out demons (Matthew 8:28-34), walked on water etc.
    7. Dionysus' & Attis' stories were no where near anything as Jesus'

John 1:1 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.'
    You don't think the fallen angels knew who Jesus was?
    The Zeitgeist movies are created by satanists. This is all propaganda to get you to easily submit to the will of satan and his NWO and so you will easily accept the mark of the beast which will most likely be a microchip. Like I said, do the knowledge son.

P.E.A.C.E. & Blessingz

13. Then how do you explain the ressurection of Jesus compared to the sun. The sun is at its lowest point for 3 days until the 25th of December which it then rises. Jesus represents the sun. Therefore there is no Jesus, he's just a mythical figure.

14. #15 Xtreme_Chaos, Aug 26, 2013
    Thanks for ignoring the God Horus in your little ignorance tirade there.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to study a little history and find the virginal-birth-manger-heavenly-father story rehashed over and over  and over again LONG before the bible (a book edited for you by romans by the way.)

No where in The Bible does it suggest Jesus was born on December 25. In fact, it states quite the opposite. Jesus was probably born sometime in the Summer, or maybe in the early Fall. But he certaintly wasn't born in December, that was simply a later add-on.

16. I don't mind that Christianity is a myth, but what I do mind is when fokes use it to clobber people over the head with it.  Unfortunately, myths are often used that way.

17. #18 White Indian, Aug 26, 2013
    Not exactly true. The myth of Horus varies greatly over the course of (around) 5000 years; most Egyptologists consider each incarnation of Horus as being distinct, and in order to contrast the Horus myth with Jesus would require much cherry-picking and modification. Another factor that makes comparing Jesus with Horus difficult is that, to do so, one would need an extensive knowledge of Egyptian religion, something the early Christians would not have had. Although, they may have a minimal understanding of the most recent incarnation of Horus, they wouldn't have had any knowledge of the myths. I can go into this a bit more if you'd like.

18. #19 White Indian, Aug 26, 2013
    Delete this, someone

19. #20 NORRIN RADD, Aug 26, 2013
    Explain to me how December 25th has anything to do with Jesus or even December for that matter. Jesus doesn't represent the sun & the 12 Disciple are not the zodiac.
    Like I said do the knowledge. Research and you will see that Jesus is Jesus not a re-hashing of false gods created by fallen angels. Babylonian and egyptian mystery religions are still being worshipped to this day...by satanists. Check your pocket so you can see the eye of horus/satan on the great seal [if you live in the u.s.]

P.E.A.C.E. & Blessingz