Smoking For Spiritual Purposes Anyone???

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by chris1008, Aug 25, 2013.

1. #21 esseff, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013

Intention is everything. But even those who have the most trivial of intentions, can still, in moments unexpected, experience what their altered state can bring were their intention more specific. All are on their own journey, and for some, they are not ready to make a conscious choice to connect. Yet they still take cannabis, and use it the way they deem appropriate. But there will be moments, when the film has ended, and the talking stops, when introspection will begin almost unnoticed. The way has begun. The journey changing.

Walking towards enlightenment is no easy path. In fact looking for signposts to say you are doing so may reveal either no signposts, or false ones. So a journey that is inside can only be inside, but once you look from there. Once you find the space so that what you see is what you really see. You are on that road to be sure, even if you had no idea you had been walking it.

2. Im often lost in thought when its a beautiful night outside with some friends. I like to quietly sit and listen to nature and let my mind wander for a while. Some people i smoke with know i get this way, but most people nudge me and ask if im ok because im not always laughing at something. Its annoying to deal with, but hey it happens

3. Sounds to me like you may soon be exploring a few more solitary moments where no nudging is possible.

4. You know... at one point in my life i would come home.... after a long stoned walk thru the dark forest to get back from where i had been "partying" with my friends...
    And listen to my father.....as he would spout the same crap our friend sundaddy does.....
    Some words....
    same reasonings...
    I tried to see it his way..... but couldn't help but see thru it.....
    I would ask again and again about things i saw.... and always get the same type of answers...
    The ones which never satisfied me.....

I saw so much more to it....
    So much his bulshit left out....

I knew he could see it too.... but that he just kept choosing not to.....

I see so many choosing not to see.... everyday.... in my mind and on the internet mostly... as i don't often go around many people nowadays...

I keep to myself mostly....
    Always waiting to find out everything i think they are doing... is really what i have been doing... and i only thought it was them.... when it has been me all along....
    Or maybe i see them doing things i have done before....
    In those places i can barely remember from here....

5. One of the things I like about this forum is that from time to time, when you come across a sundaddy or moonbaby, you can choose not to see their posts. I'd never tried doing that before because I never felt there was anyone who, no matter how much their point of view didn't match mine, couldn't be part of a conversation. Having done that for some time now (you may have noticed my lack of responses) I quite like not having to read them. Now, of course, you, RippedMonk and Firestorm, et al, make sure nobody gets away with shit, but I must say it creates quite the space in certain threads which I like.

6. Yeah I smoke for spiritual purpose, I meditate under the influence of Maryjane. I have put myself into the "out of body" trance by shutting down my surroundings and visualizing myself in being into a tropical environment where things are peaceful and tranquil. I go into constant periods of depth introspection in where I question things such as: direction of life, people I'm surrounded by, figuring out the patterns in my behavior, wisdom monologues, basically examining myself at an objective view. You can do with both Sativa & Indica but the thing with Sativa is that it might exacerbate anxiety for some so that's you should limit if you do have these.

My brain is like one of my best friends.  

I understand what you mean. I am not saying all spiritual experiences are equal, what I meant is that the state of mind people enjoy from the herb is in general a spiritually energized state. The idiom "high" demonstrates that people feel above their normal mundane state.
    Some people use this state to explore spiritual truths about themselves and the world they live in; this is the type of use that I think you mean by "spiritual use". I think there is no harm however in treating the whole phenomenon as a spiritual one, it might do some good in others actually.

8. Yes. My spiritual purposes keep me out of prison and keep me and you alive :)

There are several reasons I think we should frame cannabis use as a spiritual activity. First I think it will help awaken our brothers and sisters to their spiritual nature. Second, understanding the state of "high" as a spiritually significant state has legal and social implications.

10. I've always been an intermittently spiritual person, and discovering cannabis really brought this out more fully.  It gave my ideas texture and reality in a way I hadn't dreamed of before ... One hundred percent, it has enhanced my spirituality and stimulated my mind so much.  When not over-used, and utilised in the right fashion with balance... It's the magical miracle herb.

11. Cannabis seems to mercilessly remove some hard mental filters (at least temporarily), thus giving us an enhanced experience of consciousness. In my view, this enhancement of conscious experience is the root for all of the spiritual and intellectual aspects of cannabis smoking.

Yet, at the same time, there are many stoners who are no less mundane in their thinking than any other ordinary non-smoker.

Why is this?

We're not all artists or great thinkers. Cannabis seems to release or open many things in many people, but perhaps it can only work with what's there to begin with?

13. #33 Superweener, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013

With the examples I've seen in life, it doesn't seem to be a problem with capability or intelligence, but rather a lack of interest..

But at the same time, I don't want to speak too much for other peoples thoughts and experiences with cannabis. Surface personalities can be misleading, and maybe some aren't so revealing about these types of thoughts as others of us might be.

And, I think you're right about what you said.

14. #34 esseff, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013

Yes, it's all about the journey. What I experience under its influence has changed a lot since I first started exploring with it. Intention is everything, although perhaps if its only used while playing video games or drinking loads of alcohol at the same time, perhaps what may be possible never gets realised.

Good point. Many people can be quiet when high (they may be quiet at other times too) and may see and experience much they don't feel a need to reveal. In fact, when you think about it, all we can know is what we experience ourselves. It's so easy to imagine that others see things like we do when in fact if we only knew the truth we might be quite surprised.

16. My first post HelloYes, I am an empath and use cannabis before meditation. Cannabis enhances your senses, including the sixth one!

17. I smoke practically every time I meditate or work on psychic stuff

18. I feel like it's a bit of a waste of time because after i come down from my high, i forget the progress i made. That doesn't mean it's not enjoyable though! I get into "the zone" way easier, i love it.

19. I enjoyed reading all these posts-When I smoke now-it's occasional and much more of a special experience-not to be taken for granted. I have come to realize things that never would have taken place if it weren't being a smoker. There's room for the recreational and introspective sides..that what makes it so great.

When that first exhale happens-that world explodes into my mind. I see in a different way. I think heavier organic means- which cannot be mentioned- can transport even further-but you need to be psychologically ready for further looking.

20. set and setting tend to have tremendous effect on each individuals experience... where you are physically... who is around.... and where you are as an individual at that moment...