Underground grow: Questions??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Popped_A_Molly, Aug 25, 2013.

1. I can not grow in my house because I respect my parents and wouldnt want to go against their wishes. Also the growing season here is short and I would like to be able to grow things in the winter.
    This is my 2nd grow, I will be picking up some lights tomorrow so I can't tell you exactly what ky setup will be.

any tips and suggestions on how to conceal the heat signature better and ventilation? it will be a 4x2, 4ft deep.

~He Who Dares, Wins~

Attached Files:

2. You don't grow in YOUR house...? but you will grow on a shell hole in winter, ....is this war games?
    you have a short growing season sounds like ALASKA or North Russia, with which I am familiar...

You will need gas for the generator to power the lamps, and a lot of plastic,

I'd think it easier to kick your parents out of your house,

should they complain to you...?

3. Electricity isn't a problem, I also have plenty of insulation... But I am definitely making it hard on myself haha

~He Who Dares, Wins~

4. A big concern with that would be when it rains in the fall or spring and your whole space gets filled with water unless of course you waterproofed the whole thing but that will be expensive. Even in the winter if the space is not waterproofed you will get leaking water into your grow space and on your plant which sounds like excellent mold conditions.

5. I thought of that as well... To control it I have some industrial plastic sheets that will waterproof it. Also I will add a layer of thin and thick gravel to disperse some water, I think I will build a triangle roof over it and have wood walls that come over the sides.

~He Who Dares, Wins~

6. This is not a good idea. In my experience, if the setup cannot be convenient and concealed well, you are closer to getting caught than you want to be.

7. #8 PolarBeargrower, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
     I think this Idea could work if you are willing to put the work in that is necessary and also you will def want some kinda camo cover to put over the top to conceal the big hole. How cold does it get where you live? 

8. "He Who Dares, Wins" was commonly used by Del Boy in British sitcom Only Fools and Horses.

9. Haha british heritage here

~He Who Dares, Wins~

10. haha I have a Rogue Status shirt that says "Who Dares Wins" on the back of it. Always wondered what the heck it meant. Now I know. And knowing is half the battle. Geeeeeeeee Eyyyyeeeeeee Joooooooeeeeee

11. Who Dares Wins is the motto of the S.A.S. Special Air Service .I will let uncle google do the rest. This time next year we will be...

12. I want to see some photos of it

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app