Harvest day (First ever)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by the_tobzster, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Surprisingly quite an emotional day, having watched the plants grow over time with much TLC, right until I chopped them down. 

20130822_185429.jpg

First ever grow, just a couple of auto AK-49 grown outside on my garden patio here in the UK. I can't believe how easy it was, just had to make sure I watered them every few days, a couple of fertz per month and the plants were happy.

Here is one of the plants on harvest day, pretty big for 1 foot sized auto grown outside:
    20130823_174048.jpg
    20130823_174052.jpg
    Bearing in mind that the small nugs next to the big cola are about the size of my index finger!

Final product from earlier plant harvest:
    20130822_225430.jpg
    Bad trim job I know haha

Let me know what you think of my first grow, how have yours been/how are they doing? :D

2. Probably took alittle early

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. ^man he said FIRST EVER
    To be honest I think you did great for your first time! Congratz on the harvest! Enjoy the fruits of labor!
    Will you be doing a bud report/smoke report of it at all?

Sent from my hand using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Nice 1 m8. Don't rush the dry and cure, you should be golden. Or emerald ;)

Xandur

http://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/1227471-xandurs-ramp-scrog.html

Haha thanks man :p 

Yeah true I probably did take them down a little early but they have had to grow a lot longer than expected due to the shit weather here in the UK and most of the good weather is pretty much gone. 

I may do at some point, I have already tried it. WOW, honestly some of the best I have smoked. Such a clear, energetic yet slightly psychoactive high. Doesn't have a particular great smell though :/

6. Smell will come with curing.

Whats the weight?

Yeah I think I learned that lesson from the first batch I harvested. Although the weed is very potent and strong, the smell and taste is pretty meh :/ With this batch I think I will dry for about 5 - 7 days and then slow cure. Last one I only did for about 2 - 3 then quick dried in a hot cupboard for another 2, was that the problem?

Thanks for the guide will check it out ;) 

I don't have any micro scales, but I am guestimating that my first batch was around 10 grams (Pretty poor I know), I definitely took the first one down too early and didn't let it swell as much as I could have, the leaves were still all very green. 

Hopefully this plant will have more, I guess around 20 grams, give or take a few. This is a much bigger plant, about twice the size of the last.

Overall not that great, but for someone on their first harvest who only had a couple of 1 foot plants, outside with hardly much work needed, I would say that isn't bad? :)

9. Not bad at all Kapt!

Also, a good method for drying and curing can be found searching 'simple harvest and cure'

It's a bit unorthodox but it works great.

Xandur

http://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/1227471-xandurs-ramp-scrog.html

10. Dude - you MADE it to harvest, which is the name of the game and a lot of people don't make it for one reason or a dozen.  Good job. 

Thanks for the suggestion man. At the moment I am just leaving the buds strung up in my garden shed to dry, only problem is, if it rains I don't want it to become slightly damp. I am so scared that I am gonna get mold. I may have to bring them inside but the stink the house out haha :p

12. Hey man nice harvest and great looking buds. I never harvested before since i'm currently in my first grow, but i've read almost everywhere you need good fresh air or atleast a fan to dry your buds properly. Hopefully someone with advanced experience will give a proper answer :p Good Luck!! and give us a smoke report when they're done drying!

13. For such a relaxed approach and first time mate that's pretty good, how goods the next one going to be if you put a bit more time into it.

And yeah it's weird how you can get a bit attached to them ey? Sorta like a pet.

14. Thanks man! Yeah I have heard that too, luckily my shed has a few small windows for ventilation providing plenty of fresh air. Hopefully yours goes well then mate! How far along are you? Have you got a few plants or loads? Haha :p

Yeah my god, first joint I fired up with the homegrown bud was unbelievable. Really heady, energetic but slighty psychoactive high. I smoked it and listened to Pink Floyds Dark Side Of The Moon album. .. wow! Haha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I know man! I felt I was checking on them all the time :p

Thanks mate :)

16. better than my first attempt, which was a total fail....but i have learned a lot and it is better now....good for u OP. keep on grooving

17. Nah only got one plant sadly (Day 11 from seed :p), but thats because i have 0 experience and i dont wanna fuck up 2 plants at once. So I'm just experimenting on this one (Check my signature for the journal), and i still have another seed of the same strain in my drawer. So hopefully if this one works out fine, ill definitely start growin this upcoming spring. :p

18. Dude that's exactly the reason I did two plants at once. So if one fucks up I still have another one :p

my guess is 2 ounces. that cola is looking tasty

You think that much? Problem is I took that picture just after harvest... When left for a good few days to dry and gets considerably smaller :(

Getting some scales in the next couple of days, will then see exactly how much I got from both of them :)