Root bound?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Weedpack, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Hey gc how is everyone! My plants are about 6 weeks old. There is a lot of roots coming from the bottom of the pot and they haven't been growing all that much I feel.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. 6 weeks old? you should rip those out and start from scratch. read read read

3. Yeah I agree. Those are tiny for 6 weeks. Yellow too. Looks like you were doing something wrong and just kept cutting off affected growth.

What's your setup and all that man? Feeding schedule?

4. I have seeds to start over, but I would really like to get these plants to flower asap. At this rate my medicine will run out in Oct. 10th.
    I didn't have the proper means to test ph in the first 3 weeks or so, and i'm pretty sure I burned them with Fox farms a little bit.
    My setup is a 400W MH. In organic mechanics soil, with perlite. Ive only fed about 3 times total, Ive been scared to do so since I burned them.

5. And what strength did you feed them? Did you flush after you thought you burned them?
    Those plants are about the size of a 2-3 week old. They're severely stunted.

The more information you can give us on what you've done the more likely we are to be able to fully help you.

Roots will grow out the bottom of pots, its okay. It's almost impossible to get root bound with fabric pots. I'm sure that's not the issue by the way.

6. #6 Weedpack, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
    I fed them 1/2 strength, I didn't flush after I burned them, I just watered with 6.8 ph water.
    I know they look really bad, I just want to know if I can reverse it?

That's good to know they aren't root bound, it didn't make sense to me because the plant was so small, but I figured the plant was working on its root system a lot.

I have the light's on 24/0, but I am changing them to 18/6 tonight.

also i topped on the 4th and 5th and 6th nodes.

7. How far away are your lights

8. For once I agree with other members above, ....so lets try and save one, pick your worst, and take the temperature of the soil, say it's 10c/50f, fill a large bath with household water and ensure is 12c/54f.
    Then gently with a sharp knife cut along the drip line in a circle 3-4 inches out from the trunk, gently extract the plant from the mix and insert into the bath, very gently wash the soils off the rootzone, remember the rootzone is very damaged, once the shit is of the roots, transplant to a 6 inch pot, filled with 50% perlite and FFOF soil, allow to recover in dim light for the next 2 days, no food at all for 1 month, water 1x per week with 150ml ....good luck

9. They are within 12 inches of the light.

Could you elaborate some more vostok?
    Why does the water need to be 4 degrees warmer than the soil?
    What is the drip line?

10. Your plants are starving, not root bound, feed according to the directions with your fertilizer for rates and frequency of application.

PW

11. Thank you, I fixed my Ph so my run off was 6.5, and fed is some Fox farms grow big, I aleady notice the difference in the new growth. The girls are coming back!!!