Planning to travel to Pakistan

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Fakir, Aug 20, 2013.

1. #1 Fakir, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    so im planning to travel down to my home village in pakistan, it is in the punjab, and in a pretty remote area, we got a small town and the basics, and we are about 3 hours from the capitol which is completely different from the northern areas, where there is basically a war going on, but those areas have always been lawless, as they have their own tribal laws/afghan style laws, but in my area, the punjab, its basically as safe as anywhere, and many people sleep with no gate and open doors

i got a court date the 30th this month, and im hoping it goes well, besides that i need to save up about 3000 dollars, that should cover a cheap ticket, and expenses for a few months, which is how long im going to be staying there

been 2 years since ive been there, and it really is an amazing place to be :)

it really is an oldschool place, and thats why i want to go there, ive been too long in the city, i need to breathe the country air agai, i am so lucky that my father built a nice house for us in the village which has all the normal things like toilet,bathtub,kitchen etc its pretty big so there is room for visitors also, i have a friend who wants to travel down and visit me when ive been there for maybe a month 

here are some pictures of where im going in hopefully a few months

Attached Files:

2. looks so beautiful 

3. #3 Fakir, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    Thank you, i think so too :) one of the things i love about the village life, is that so much of the nature there is pristine, some places it feels like you are the first to be there in like a hundred years, like there are some places where what seems to be solid rock, crumbles when you touch it, and it makes me wonder how long it had been there :)

i got a call from my cousin today and he wants me to get there asap

its seriously like the only thing on my mind right now :D

now the biggest challenge for me is actually saving money, but im gonna do it because i know i can blow the money in a few days or i can travel on this adventure for months, so its a no-brainer!

4. [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the village life :) these pictures are from various villages, but its basically identical to where im going

5. Looks like an awesome place. Have a nice time. I love the simple life myself.

I hate the city.

6. thanks man, i cant wait, i hope ill be there within a few months :)

7. Keep us updated while you're there.  With photos of course.  :p

Have a safe trip.  

8. #8 Fakir, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    ^

will do, ill probably take a digi cam with me :)

for now the update is that ive been to court, and im now waiting for the letter that tells me when im gonna have to go to prison since i didnt get off the hook this time, but its alright, its not too many days

but usually it takes a few months and can even take up to 1 year before you get the letter :)

so now im planning on getting a new passport next month and a visa for pakistan, then hopefully i will have the letter soon and i will be able to travel somewhere i nthe beginning of november because in denmark you can travel as long as you are back when you have to serve your sentence

so hopefully i will be traveling somewhere in november! :D

yay! :D

i showed you some pics of the natural side of my area

here is the road to the city

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biPp7u7Qklo

and here is some of the city

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziCglIWGSJM

real nice place, everything is cheap as hell for example you get 10 cigarettes for 20 cents and 20 for 40cents :D

9. I dont know what youre going on about. Pakistan sucks ass!
    And like you i too have roots in punjab, plus i live here.

Youre just homesick, give it 2 weeks after you get here.

10. ^

well, last time i was there for over 1 year, and i had the time of my life :)

i guess it depends on how you think, i try and be positive about things

i hope you have a better time next time you go there

oh and dont rain on my party :p

11. I just got back from Punjab 2 weeks ago! I spent a month there. So beautiful. And so freaken hot!!! Make sure you stay hydrated if you're going in the heat

12. ^
    thats awesome :D do you have roots there or did you just travel?

tell me more about the trip, how is it down there now a days? :)

oh and regarding the weather, i think its gonna be a bit more cool in november, it usually is pretty cool from nov-to somewhere around may?

13. Yeah I got roots down there! Both my parents are punjabi. I just spoke with my grandparents who live there about an hour ago and they told me that the weather has cooled down a lot.
    When you go into the city, be aware of pick pocketers.

14. ^

okay thank you very much

i am very well-versed in the art of paranoia haha, so im gonna be very careful,  and my cuz is gonna be picking me up at the airport and he is one of the few guys i trust down there and he can certainly take care of himself and me :)

have you ever been to chakwal mate? :)

15. I visited Punjab lands for two weeks. I've never seen people pickpocket so blatantly in the streets though. Nice visit, not where I'd want to live

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ^

well you just gotta know the place, than its no problem to get by

besides, pick-pockets are in every big city, and most of them can be avoided by common sense

17. Go try and find snow leopards

18. it only sucks if your a women otherwise all those places are so cool

hand rub some hash

19. #19 Fakir, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013

thats cool you know that, they are in the himalayas right? i live right near the foot of the himalayas, maybe 2 hours?
    you are so right man,but it can be fine for a woman if she has some help, i have a girl-friend who is considering visiting me, its all about blending in

ill try so, my area is drowning in plants, its like a true weed, growing in collosal amounts, when we wanna make the traditional edible ''bhang'' we just go out and fill a shopping bag with buds, let them dry on the roof trough the day, next morning you got enough to make everyone high :)

20. i would love to go one day