New Grow Journal from 100% Noob Using Supercloset Superbox

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by mushrush, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Harvested today.  Buds are drying now.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just went through our whole grow. Looks like you did great for your first grow! Can't wait to hear the weight

3. yeah that turned out nicely.  maybe the four plants instead of the 2-3 was the way to go after all.  from the pics that looks like a couple of ounces?

4. Read all of it good job

5. Thanks everyone for following this grow and for the encouraging words.

Buds have been hang drying for a week.  I pulled the buds off the stems and will start curing tonight.  I have a bunch of sugar leaves.  Haven't weighed them yet.  I will probably make some cannabutter unless y'all have other suggestions that are easy to follow without too much work.

Weight is as follows:  44.9 grams of Grandaddy Blueberry plus 12.9 grams of Purple Alien.  That's a total of 57.8 grams or 2.03 ounces.  Should I expect the weight to drop a bit during cure or is this about where it will remain?

I haven't sampled any yet.  I will report back and let you know how it's smoking.

The 2 Grandaddy Blueberry clones really outperformed the two Purple Alien clones by a lot.  Unless there are factors that I'm not accounting for, I believe I could harvest over 3 ounces next time with four of the Grandaddy Blueberry clones...but I will probably want to try a different strain next time...so who knows where this is gonna lead...

Attached Files:

6. Grandaddy blueberry smokes nicely...tastes good too...smoother than most dispensary indica strains i tried...no cure necessary (but only tried with water pipe so far)...very pleased with the results/no complaints.

7. please let us know later what the dry weight was!  any pointers on how you built your scrog?

I harvested 2 ounces dry.  Take a look at Post #25 for specifics.

The scrog is just wood with eyelet screws and wire.  Probably about $10-$20 total at Home Depot.

9. Hey mushrush, you growing anything lately? Haven't updated this thread in 3 months. I'd like to know what you've learned/changed about your processes over these few months as well as see some more of those gorgeous plants like the ones you've posted before.

10. hey I was thinking of getting a box like this would you recommend it? I cannot grow right now but here in a few months im getting a trailer and looking at a setup like this but I have many questions thus I joined these forums lol. but post harvest what are ur thoughts on the system in general? was the bud good? what upgrades did u get for u box if any problems you may have had likehow did u solve the heat vs smell problem nowadays they come with a led light so heat may not even be a problem anymore

11. No I haven't, been traveling quite a bit.  But I plan to start another grow in mid-May.  I will post the second grow when I get it started.  I wish the temps in the box didn't get so hot.  Of course most of that is ambient temps but the box gets hot and ventilation doesn't keep it cool enough considering the way it's marketed.  I left the door open during most of the grow to keep temps under control.  Only thing I will do differently next time is to let it veg longer.

12. It's a good system because it works.  It's good for personal use provided you're not a heavy user.  The bud was very good.  I think you can get the same thing for cheaper.  But this worked so I am in no position to judge.  If you need absolute stealth, then you want to make sure your ambient room temperatures are in the 60 or low 70s.  Maybe you can put the box in a cool basement or air conditioned room?  If hotter ambient room temp, the temps in the box will be in the 90s.  I didn't want to deal with the less than ideal temperatures, so I left the door open.  The odor wasn't a problem for me but it did smell.  It all depends on what you can tolerate.  I masked the odor with incense and an ona block.  Only "upgrade" I made was the scrog.  Check the thread for other details.

13. Hey Mushrush,

I just got the same Superbox a few days ago, here is my blog .

I am not starting until mid June actually since I will also be traveling. I am a little disappointed now that it get hot in the box, I hope to figure it out when I start.

Are you going with 4 again?

I will be following your thread again when you start in May.

14. Hey Wild Master -- I started a new grow in May 2014.  Same setup as last time only I elected to go with 4 Grandaddy Purple clones.  I am placing the scrog a little higher than I did last time and will also wait a bit longer before flowering.  We'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

The Technaflora nutes and supplements seem a little pricey to me.  I'm gonna try the GH Floraduo nutes when I switch to flower.

Attached Files:

15. Very cool man. I learned my lesson with germination. 2 out of 4 made it. 1 bubblegum and 1 berry rider

16. I meant to have 4 plants, but I'll keep the setup until next grow. Learning curve mode!

17. 2 is better than 1 or 0!

I haven't messed with germinating...for now I would rather just get my hands on some clones and avoid the lost time but that decision comes at a cost to me of about $10-$15 per clone if I get them from a dispensary.  If I had a little more patience I would try seeds.

18. OK, so here we are a few weeks into flowering.  I have been away from home for 4 day stretches a few times during this grow.  No signs of trouble.  Overall, I am not paying as much attention this time around as I did during my first grow.  All seems to be going OK as far as I can tell.

CAM00614.jpg
    CAM00615.jpg
    CAM00616.jpg
    CAM00617.jpg

At such a small scale, I am not convinced that the modest monetary savings (compared to simply buying at a dispensary) is worth all the time and energy.

19. Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy growing very much.  My point is that if I'm going to invest this much time and energy into growing, I'd prefer to grow on a larger scale so I can realize greater cost savings.

Anyway, here's more pix.  I expect to harvest within the month.

CAM00629.jpg
    CAM00630.jpg
    CAM00631.jpg
    CAM00632.jpg
    CAM00633.jpg
    CAM00634.jpg
    CAM00635.jpg
    CAM00636.jpg
    CAM00637.jpg
    CAM00638.jpg