Question about black spots on leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dadeo, Aug 16, 2013.

1. I noticed some black spots on some of my leaves. They look like a drop of oil almost from the side you can see they are raised. I have not noticed any damage to the plants these are outdoors I also have seen it on some leaves in my greenhouse. I  tried in vain to research on my own kept coming back to spider mites but I don't see any evidence but I'm not 100%. first 2 pics

The last 2 pics are of a leaf that was on a separate grow  the whiteness on the leaves I thought was a mold but from everything i could find if it was a mold it would wipe off i rubbed the leaf and it did not come off or lighten i can see any other damage than the black dots and white coloring.

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      600 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      590.4 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      327.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      322.4 KB
      Views:
  2. I would put it to you that the black spot disease is actually "FLY SHIT" and the white mold you are hypo about,.. is actually residue from the water that is sprayed onto the plants or salts as they are known in the trade.

If this is an indoor grow, you may gently wipe those fan leaves with a tissue and clean water to remove these salts, do not wipe the undersides until you have read about leaves, and there function

As a precaution spray Neem Oil 1/4 teaspoon to a liter or pint hand sprayer 1x time per month regardless, as will give good fungi and bug protection

3. Thank you so much for the time and help.

4. lol yep some type of bug shit when i saw this on my plants i broke out the pure neem and put started growing garlic in my room and bam no more black shit