Severe Migraines after smoking

Discussion in 'General' started by Katerham, Aug 16, 2013.

1. \\I have been smoking weed for about five years now. These past few months after I smoke I have been getting terrible migraines where I can't function; they've even gotten to the point where I go blind for a while. I do not have these headaches when I am sober. The only cure for me to enjoy my high is to take a painkiller like Vicodin or Oxys approx 30-45minutes before then I can get high with no headache. I have tried drinking HUGE amounts of water before, during, and after smoking to no cure. I have also eaten sweets because I have heard this can be related to low blood-sugar levels. Once I've gotten these headaches they are very hard to get rid of, I have found that a large source of caffeine i.e. monster or coffee helps but does not solve it. It isn't the type of weed I am smoking I have experimented with indoor,outdoor,local,dispensary, any type of weed. I'm not smoking seeds or stems or ash. I get headaches withbongsblunts, vapes, pipes, joints, everything. I have not tried eating edibles yet to see if I get the same problem. Currently I am just taking a break from smoking so far its been one week. Maybe it's a tolerance issue? I cannot find anything useful online and the few scarce pieces of information I find have been useless. THIS SUCKS I love blazing and am sad that it pains me so much to smoke. I would love to find a cure to this or even an explanation of why this is happening to me   :cry: . So if anyone has any ideas I would love to here them, thanks.

2. Drink some water or gatorade before and after

3. @[member="TimeIsMoney1"] as I said I drank tons of water about a liter before, during, and after. Done this many times

4. I'd suggest speaking to a doctor you're comfortable with, hopefully they can give you a real answer instead of the "Stop smoking marijuana" 

5. Does your head go hot and can you hear the blood flushing on your temples? If so, you might be getting anxiety attacks. Try some more mature weed with high CBD ratings, since you have access to dispensaries.

6. @[member="ak84"] not really, just gets pain

7. No more ideas :/?

8. Damn rat poison that's one fucked up dealer lol. No man I've tried many different dealers mainly most of my weed coming from dispensarys so I don't think that's an issue

9. hi, this thread on a dif forum may be of help. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/401342-Migraines-caused-by-marijuana

in particular the part about unflushed plants with bad chemicals from hydro. ive had headaches from bad hydro like that. it was just from one particular grower who used not very nice nutes.

10. Maybe its the bud your getting. Try picking up from a different person

Sent from my Typewriter using Grasscity forum

11. how quickly are you drinking that water? maybe too much water in a small period of time? i get headaches when i drink a lot of water in a short period of time

12. if the bud pops or crackles when you put a flame to it there is a good chance this is the issue.

13. probably allergies from the smoke try benadryl or claritin

14.  All I can do is guess, but this is my train of thought as well. 
    I was thinking it sounds to me like a possible sinus condition. Or some type of respiratory problem. Try edibles instead.

As mentioned already, there's also the possibility of it just being the way your pot is being grown. Or treated?

15. As I said before I tried many different of weeds from many different places, indoor outdoor, sativia indica, local and dispensary weed. Tried atleast 30 different strains

16. after 5 years of smoking an allergy can just hit me out of nowhere?

yup i never had allergies and i get headaches from pollen and weed smoke now sometimes..not as severe as yours sound but you can get allergies anytime

18. #18 Deleted member 638051, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    Your body is changing throughout your entire life in it. 
    Yes, even when you're not looking. :confused_2:

I wasn't diabetic 5 years ago either. My blood tested fine a year ago. Go figure.

19. Okay well fuck those unmentionable painkillers. That shit is trash. Pure rotten trash.

Try exercising more. Eat healthy, drink plenty of water. Smoke/get higher slower maybe not so fast.

Consult a doctor about it. 

Google causes of severe migraines as well. Google and research is your best friend.

20. Well I don't know if anyone is still following this thread but I thought I'd post about my "progress". So I quit for little under a month to lower my tolerance and smoked again, weed for a dispensary with the same headache. Nothing seems to work except for popping a vicodin or some opiate like that before smoking. This stoner is very sad and I have scoured all of google and other forums like this for an answer with no cure. Hydration, sugar levels, food, properly cured weed, exercises, edibles, everything... Guess I'm just done smoking weed which really fucking sucks. I'll check up on this thread from time to time see if there is so miraculous answer but I highly doubt it.. :cry: Maybe one day me and maryjane can make up but untill then.... :(((((((((