Need opinions on my next tattoo Please

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by breedingbitches, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Hey guyssss :)

So I have a few small tattoos already; back of my neck, wrist, ankle. And next I was looking into getting a literary tattoo on my inner (right) bicep. Its a quote from my favorite sonnet by Shakespeare (Sonnet XCIV).
    Its the last two lines:
    "For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;
    Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds."

It really speaks to me because I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and I have a really hard time differenciating between "good" and "bad". I always feel like I'm a terrible person who can't do anything right. And if you read the entire sonnet as a whole, it will make more sense. But I find that it really just reassures me that I'm human, and I can't be so hard on myself.
    Also, Shalespeare has pulled me out of my deepest depression, and I owe my life to the man who created such beautiful, inspiring work.

So I was thinking of doing it kinda like this, which is a very very rough sketch I did on the bus today.
    1376605543946.jpg

So what do you guys think would look best? How should I position the words, etc.

Oh also I was thinking of doing it in either a script similar to Adine Kimberg Script, Billy Argel Font, or Exmouth (you can find them all on dafont.com) OR a typewriter-style font.
    What do you guys think?

Thank youuuuu for even bothering to read this :3

Lots of love,
    Paige.

2. Not fond of the placement. I think it'd look better on the stomach or (if you don't mind the visibility) forearm. Aside from that, I'd stick to a script font and keep it to two lines instead of four.

3. I like the placement, and I'm considering getting a quote tattoo in the same spot on myself once I figure out the right quote. I would definitely go with a nice basic script, not some crazy script where it's barely legible because of all of the words.

4. The placement is decent. What if you did something with a scroll with the quote written on it and had maybe a feather and ink on the side to show what time period the quote was coming from. It could give it more of that Shakespeare vibe

5. The placement is good. I see a lot of quotes on the inner bicep, and I'm happy that you found something to pull you out of such a dark time! It's always good to get tattoos with a meaning, but hey, I have a few that I got because I liked how it looked!

As for the way the words should go, I like the long way, like starting from one side to the other. Makes it easier to read for others. I wouldn't wrap it around though.

And no offense dude, but why would you suggest the stomach? She's look like tupac. Thug Life (lol). I do know a few girls who have quotes on their chest (like on a side, above one of the breasts) but remember, it's your tattoo, get it where you want to get it. Otherwise it might not be as personal as it should. You know?

6. Just get a tattoo of that blueprint you drew

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. In my oppinion asking peoples advice is the worst route to go. Peoples oppinions will come and go but your tattoo will always be there, do what u want where u want how u want because if its not there to please u then what was the point. I dont give a flying fuck about what ppl think of my tattoo's and i get a lot of bad looks because me and the other apprentices at my first shop gave each other our first tattoo's i have 3 good friends first tattoo's on someone else and my first tattoo. They look infintile but they are my personal favorite over the photorealistic masterpieces.

8. get a font style that people can read.