fuck it

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by dirtydingusus, Aug 15, 2013.

1. So .... idk how long ago... as most of you know i am no good with time...
    My father decided to make an attempt to contact me.... my first replys may not have been as nice as they could have been.... as he has never played a large roll in my life....
    Of coarse that was an emotional response... after some thought i told him...
    "If you really want to be involved in my life....
    Find me here..."
    And have him the link to the philosophy and spiritually sections....

At the time he said he couldn't find anything...
    I blew him off and decided he must not have tried hard enough...
    Now...tho he hasn't been a big part of my life.... he was never a negative part of my life...
    And a few times when i needed it he came thru for me....
    I did learn a thing or two from him...
    One of the lessons i got from him when i was very young.... i doubt he knew just what he was teaching at the time... or for how long it would stick....

I have seen several posts of late with some of his type of attitudes.... and idea's i have heard him cling to before... so i must wonder from time to time if he has found his way here... but hasn't said so.... or if we just have a few new blades with similar attitudes to his....

Anyway... that one most important lesson...
    I was young... judging by where we lived i may have been in 1st grade or kindergarten... maybe younger idk?they had no idea how well i could read... and i was asking him about a sign he had on the wall which said "fuck it"
    He avoided saying what it said by telling me it was an attitude check.....
    Of coarse i persist... he tells me a long story about Vietnam... and how when someone was "losing it" or having a ruff time with his buddies brains in his lap.... someone would say.... "attitude check" and the only acceptable answer was "fuck it" and to get up and carry on....

The old man did teach me a few things along the way....
    and from here i can see more of what he delt with along the way.... as far as dealing with my mother... now that i have my own exs to deal with.... as for alot of things i may or may not get into... we shall see...

2. In have actually managed to apply that fuck it shit to most of the fucked up shit in my life... it has worked out quite well for me...
    Even been bitched at by people who saw me living it.... when they "just couldn't"

3. The old man once studied to be a preacher or some shit.... at least that's what it seemed like to my young eyes....
    Surprising he couldn't find anything here...

4. dot dot dot hahahaha words go here dot dot dot dot dot dot lol rofl oh god, i didnt mean to laugh this hard

5. #5 A.R.C., Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
    How computer-literate would you say your dad is? My dad has an AS in Mechanical Engineering/Robotics, but he always needs help with deleting cookies and operating Windows Media Player.

6. he was on the internet before people had cell phones....
    probably spends more waking time in front of it than away from it...
    He has some degree.... something to do with autocad...
    I would say he could figure it out..

7. Failed every English class i ever took....
    Be thankful you get any punctuation at all.... cuz all you get is what the auto spell checker gives you..... and those dots when i am feeling them.....

8. its all gravy wih me, g...i;m stoned.
    ..how do you feel dots though, man..thats crazy.

9. Ah the good ole bio dad or mom popping back in.....hope all goes well for ya

As for me always ends bad when it has popped up in the past....until I learned the fuck it attitude as you have pointed out....

I hate wanting to be emotionally available to these people and then it turns out the same every time...

But hey, fuck it

10. Same way i feel my way thru this life....

11. i hear you... not like the fuck was the bad guy....
    If life was fucked and i needed a place to crash a few nights... he had a couch.. if i needed to fix something i didn't know how.... he would come help.. material things ..at times.... he was good for.... mom tossed me out he came and got me....
    Lived with him acouple yrs....
    Whatever...the only way then and since far as i can tell... to have the guy involved in your life.... is to be sitting behind him while he is on the computer.... in his room....
    So maybe on the computer there may be a bit of a chance.... who knows....