CFL/armoire grow, first time grower :-)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by molegrower, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Oooo..ok... I wasnt going to start that since its growing along the bottom of the pot for some reason.. like it wants to grow into the dirt..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I would go ahead and do it, and remember to make sure your lights are 2-6 inches away when you get done as you will be lowering the top of your plant. One good rule of thumb is to put your hand palm down over your plant, if the light is too hot for you, then it is definitely too hot for your plant....here is an example 1376968913663.jpg

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. My lst :)

Attached Files:

4. Nice bro! Did you adjust your light hieght?

5. Thanks meng!.. I moved then about three inches .. I'm still have temp issues.. running 90s without a loud ass blower fan .. not so stealth :-(..

6. Hey I quickly ran through your post and more looked at the pictures And basic setup but I see your plants are growing in some funky sideways motions, I am on my second CFL grow and learned you want 6500k bulbs for veg and 2700k for flowering..I combine both since I am doing auto flowering seeds but that is basically what spectrums you want...

Also since they are growing sideways I think a solid light right above each will stop that, then have side lighting...one light directly over your plant just a few inches away from top should do the trick

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I'm running all 6700k fir veg.. ill just try a set of bulbs directly over it.. and see if that helps.. and maybe less lights it won't have such a high.temp :-(

8. your plants are stretching because you kept the bulbs too far from the plant tops in the beginning. they appear to only be bushy at the top because you have purely 6700k light on them. add in some 2700k to increase internode length. those clip on lights you have are whats making your plants burn at the tips. the hoods on them collect a ton of heat and don't allow for good air exchange around the bulbs. and if you havent caught the memo yet..do not use those hydroponic nutes in your soil grow. the salts will build up and cause nute burn and ph problems. the stems look weak because they havent had a good direct breeze on them. you want to make sure your plants are swaying with the wind, not to the point that they're tipping over, but make sure you can see visible movement. this will bulk up your stems.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I didn't know about nutes.. I only watered them once with it.. ill look in the organics section and see if I can find something to"mix" up that I have... revamped inside... got my light trees together.. and they are 6500k bulbs.. ill get a few 2700k ones and stick in there.. cleaned up the clutter... running around 87 degrees without the big ass blower fan.. not the greatest.. here it all is and the plants

Attached Files:

10. Actually you can use the hydroponic nutes in soil, you cut the dosage in half so it doesnt give your plants nute burn, and of course make sure your runoff is at the proper ph

11. even though it's miracle grow, it's supposed to be organic. organic soil does not like hydroponic nutrients. the salts kill the microorganisms in the soil and prevent them from feeding your plant. basically if you start feeding with hydroponic nutrients, the soil becomes dead and you have to switch to feeding just with the hydroponic nutes. when that happens you have to start beefing up your feeding schedule after a while and that leads to salt buildup.

you can use the hydro nutes if you want, but then what's the point of buying organic soil? switch to hydro and you can keep re-using your perlite and hydroton.

12. So far the temps have been sitting at 86.. I'm ok with that.. and not running that big fan.. this Friday.ill pop two 2700k bulbs in there.. I have enough splitters and Ys to add two more bulbs per strip.. May just add 1 per strip.. these little plants have been threw allot.. like I was saying before.. trial run :)

13. Big beautiful bud 1377063448453.jpg

14. This morning.. after revamp setup.. going to be getting in some Fox farms tiger bloom. (The trio pack)..also looking into happy frog soil.. and.make up my own... honna hot the organics and hydro sections to see what might work better for me.. liking the flood and drain system... looking into a 4in in line velocity fan.. 171 cfm.. with a charcoal filter... just in case this starts smelling a bit.. :)..get a better seal around the door.. make this thing more "airtight".. looking at purchasing some seeds.. after I get everything dialed in with this grow... thinking autos to stay off with.. only one plant at a time :)

Attached Files:

15. Looking good!!!

16. How are you plants doing today?

17. they look great... starting to get nodes... I think...Lol.. :)

Attached Files:

18. Nice, yep you've got nodes! Keep up the good work

19. Nothing too much new.. added two 2700k cfls to the mix today.. the plants are looking awesome actually :).. considering..lol... can't wait to top them.. just becuase I wanna see if I can do it... lol.. still no clue what they are.. or if male or female.. can you tell by the leave structure what type it is? Anywho... here's the pics!

Attached Files:

20. #60 jathanjr, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
    Hey your plants are looking good. How close are your lights to your plants? Cause they look like they could be closer. But that could just be the picture. You can't tell the sex of your plants by their leaves unfortunately. But looking good, your setup looks good too. How is your heat issue? Is it still warm in there?Sent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app