CFL/armoire grow, first time grower :-)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by molegrower, Aug 13, 2013.

1. I use 2 tbs of the flora gro to 1 gallon of water. The kelp, which takes the place of the micro, I use about 1 tbs to the gallon

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looking good. I recently harvested a stealth cfl grow using bag seed. Your plants look a bit stretched so you might want to move the bulbs closer. I grew in winter and im thinking thats the best time to grow due to heat issues. I used a couple of uhaul garment boxes and they worked out nicely. Good luck with your grow.

Sent from my MB855 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Put the lights more to the side?.. ill give that a whirl.. I'm going to transplant the other plant today.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Mixed up some water per ratios.. what the better one looks like tonight..

Attached Files:

5. Any reason why there isn't any leaves any where except the very top?.. lighting?.. and the stem looks weak.. I think it's just not a very good seed to start with..

Attached Files:

6. Im sure its the lighting, as your plants will stretch to reach the light. For cfl bulbs keep them 2-6 inches away from your plants. The reason for this is because of useable light spectrum is within these distances. Your plant doesn't look bad, its just stretched out. I'd do some LST on it to keep it at bay.

7. Cool beans.. ill move them around.. the lights.. I.have the one propped up.. because it's growing along the bottom of the pot.. I know it needs a fan on the root system or leaves.. that's why.. stem pics on both

Attached Files:

8. Yes, get a fan on them asap so they dont get light burn. Looking good though!

9. Here's my hydroponic DWC that I made last week 1376877159180.jpg 1376877175156.jpg

10. Thanks so much for the info.. I hope I didn't over water.. since I transplanted.. our water over entire surface area of soil...or just around the plant.. I've been doing around the plant mostly.. awesome set up btw.. I'm trying to stay away from any water tub situations.. lol.

11. You can water them anyway you want, just dont go watering them 2 times a day.. water when you stick your finger in the soil and it feels dry.

12. Should it be dry in various places in the pot... our water just around the plant.. that's what I've been doing... the outer edges of the pot/soil are DRY.....

13. Tonight.. how one looks. can I start topping this?..

Attached Files:

14. Top when you have at least 4 nodes brother

15. I barely got two... lol.. and this is like week 4.. lol.. poor little plant

16. Lol poor plant, well look here, this may brighten your day. I had four plant growing in my DWC and I lost all but one plant to root rot, so until I get some aquashield... oh well. I still have my outdoor ladies that are almost ready for harvest, and I have my lone survivor in soil inside. I'll take updated pics later

Attached Files:

17. Updated pics

Attached Files:

18. The lone ranger, maybe it'll be a girl..lol

Attached Files:

19. That's awesome.. I'm still confused why my plant only had leaves on the very top.. all ones I see here are bushing.. lol.. maybe it's the type it is.. can you tell by liking at the fan leaves?

20. #40 jathanjr, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    I had one plant that did what yours is doing, and it was because it had a hard time geting light so it was stretching all sorts of ways what I would do to yours is get a paperclip, open it up and bend it so it looks like an "n". Then put it over your plant, on the upper most part of the stem. This is called low stress training. That way your plant isn't " heavy" and will start to bush outSent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app