Hermie plants , Hermie seeds , questions and answers .

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tk86high, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Question: on your plant that had just one small area hermie was it just pollen sacs or pollen sacs with buds?

2. #22 tk86high, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
    [quote name="tplat" post="18822347" timestamp="1381655916"]You may have had good results with seeds produced by a hermie plant but that doesn't mean that the hermie trait passed on in the seed isn't going to show up in fact in can show up a lot easier with or with out any stress. Its not a gaurentee that it will or wont but it does increase the odds that a plant grown from a hermie seed can go hermie even with minimal stress that most plants grown from non hermie seeds would handle just fine and not hermie. That's why its not really recommended not to use hermie seeds. Now from what you described that only one part of your plant hermied then that's like what I got one time that was a partial hermie not a full blown hermie.[/quote]Yeah it happened to 3 of my 4 plants that I had growing all different strains each one had a few areas in the middle with seeds but nowhere else . They were all different strains , but I do believe with perfect conditions and TLC these hermie seeds will keep being female , I'm sure if just abit of stress is caused then u could end up with seeds .But I do agree its very easy for seeds that was from a hermie plant to become hermie again , but highly unlikely with excellent conditions and advanced knowledge of growing to make sure these so called conditions r excellent ! Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Was all in the middle inside buds not pollen sacks , each small bud had maybe 3-5 seeds ended up with around 2 dozen from each plant all big and med bud sites were seedless .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Did they have any visible pollen sacs or little banana shaped like peckers growing out of the buds?

5. Buddy I didn't say YOU were selling seeds.....its not uncommon to see "rodelization" in the breeder world which is nothing but unstabilized hermie prone seeds.

6. Buddy I didn't say YOU were selling seeds.....its not uncommon to see "rodelization" in the breeder world which is nothing but unstabilized hermie prone seeds.

7. Perfect conditions will still not guarantee it...and how many people have perfect conditions? Lol.

Oh my a whole year? Well then that takes the freaking taco! Even without a hermie trait good breeders take yearS to stabilize their strains properly. Those that don't end up with a litany of phenos and sone that throw nanners when you look at them sideways.

You are more than free to do what you wish, but don't run around telling people not to worry about that crap in the gene pool when you have so little experience. Thats the point we are making here.

8. Oh so it was just little hermies not full on males. Well that makes a HUGE difference. Derp.

Don't worry kids...you'll only get *some* pollen...won't hurt a thing. Lol.

9. Okay like I said before thanks ,and have a nice rest of the day sir .

10. Banana shapes peckers growing out the buds , but only in that 1 area and on small buds only

11. Ill have a great day as always...while you disregard recessive genes, assume Mendel was an idiot and go on thinking you've overcome years of science for the sake of twelve whole months of *experience* that deems all of that a moot point. Outstanding!

12. Once again thanks for ur input sir . Bye

13. No problem! If I can save just one person from the ignorance that abounds on an open forum such as this I consider my time here well spent.

14. Hallelujah , we have a new Savior , we thank thee for thou help !!

15. How many seeds did you get and how many little peckers did you see and how far into flowering were you? I know with outdoor grows plants they can have a tendency to pop a pecker or two here and there and produce a few seeds. Those kind of seeds in my opinion are more stable then seeds from a partial or full blown hermie. Also you can force a plant to do that by letting it stay in flowering a little to long. So back to the few questions of how many peckers and seeds did each plant produce? If it produced just  one or two peckers per plant and a couple of seeds then again I would consider those more stable but if it produced anymore then that I wouldn't trust them nor recommend using them.

16. Yeah it was only 3-4 tops per bud and only on small bud sites , a full blown partial hermie would be ?? A plant that as pollen sacs ? I thought even if its 1 seed found its a hermie , correct me if im wrong since there is no correct Definition of the word "hermie" lol

17. #37 CoLoKiD, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
    I just harvested 5 plants that were grown from hermi seeds. 10 out of 10 seeds planted so far have all been female. Not one male plant yet!

there were 100's of seeds on his plant with no sacks because his made it all the way through harvest without contaminating any of his other plants!

18. Plants can hermie at different stages of the plants growth cycle which can affect if it grows pollen sacs, banana shaped peckers filled with pollen or both. In veg and early flowering if it hermies it will grow more pollen sacs at the internodes then bud sites, if it hermies later on in flowering the plant tends to grow the banana shaped peckers out of the buds. The earlier it hermies the more seeds and pollen sacs you will end up with and those seeds I would not use. If it hermies late in flowering and just pops a few naners here and there then those seeds tend to have less of a chance of producing a hermie plant. But it also depends on how many little banana shaped peckers and seeds it produces later in flowering. If you get more then just a few seeds per plant then I wouldn't trust the seeds. I`ve had 8-10 foot plants that have produced anywhere from 1-4 seeds per plant and would have no problem using them in the future but if it produced a decent number of seeds like a dozen or more I wouldn't use them. To me I go by the severity of how much or bad it hermied. If just a few seeds then no problem I would use them but any substantial amount of seeds and I wouldn't.

19. Ran a test ....... 2 known (forced) hermie along side 2 fully feminised autos. Up till 6 weeks was 100% looked great, smelled great, starting to power produce buds. Then BANG ! On week 7 (well day45, due to excessive temp) I found pollen sacks. Great I thought let's see what happens (the whole reason I started the experiment) within a week all plants were pollinated. After a tough 4-5 weeks I harvested, now, while there was still plenty of bud you could clearly see plenty of seeds throughout the bud. Once dried I had 412g (not the worst) the buds imo were smokable but just no where near as strong as normal and half the smell. I personally wouldn't use and type or sort of hermie seed as it's never really gonna reach its full potential but like I said guys this is only my experience and opinion, certainly not a master or expert

20. I just grew 2 plant successfully that were from bag seed of some good bud i grabbed (pink kush and violator kush)... i figured its better i dont pay for seeds first grow so if i messed up it doesnt really cost me anything... anyways so assuming that bag seed is from a hermie plant are plants just predisposed to this genetically or can you force hermie a plant like with a light leak during dark periods or other stresses to the plant in flowering... mine were both females... nice fat dark seeds to start... never an issue with them flower... if you force hermie a plant does it change it genetically so that the seeds are now predisposed to it?

• Like Like x 1