Most dominant athlete in their sport?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Griffijuana, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Cristiano Ronaldo has to be a good example, most dominant athlete in soccer..(more so than messi IMO). 

2. hahahaha..... :laughing: no. Messi has way more influence than ronaldo. Ronaldo is better looking thats why people love him so much..fucing idiots

3. Went too far. Any proof of that?

4. After seeing what Brady did with barely anyone to throw to I'm gonna say Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Cabrera is easily the most dominant player in terms of their respective sports. He was the first player to get the triple crown in 45 years, and almost had another triple crown last year if it wasn't for the breakout season Chris Davis had.

6. Cain Velasquez is probably the most dominant fighter in the UFC. This guy is a true beast. He is on a totally different level than any other fighter in his division.
    He will be the Heavyweight Champ for awhile.

7. Gary ablett junior australian football(afl) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400836795.091161.jpg

8. Jordan borroughs in wrestling. Went undefeated for years previous to just losing a draw a few months back. Also Jose Aldo is very dominant in the Idc. Aaron pico is only 16 and quit high school wrestling to go pro (2 loses in 1 day but has beat a lot of international adults and will come into mma and dominate). For girls Ronda rousey is IMO the most dominant female ever.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #89 TimothyTheFirst, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
    Right now, at least as far as major american sports go, Lebron hands down.  KD is up there but he hasn't developed that ability to close out a game that lebron has yet.

As for the original post, I'm a big Tigers/Miguel Cabrera fan too.  He's definitely the most dominant baseball player, especially when he's hot, but even then in baseball one player can only affect a game so much.  It's hard to really dominate.  Cabrera gets an average of 4 ABs per game, even if he were to hit a home run in every at bat, without anyone on base that's 4 runs total...  that's not really taking over the game.  it's a big impact, but the other team would still be in it (and realistically they'd probably stop pitching to him after the first HR).

plus in basketball, the heat can pass the ball to lebron literally every play if they wanted to.  the tigers can't have miguel cabrera bat over and over again, eventually don kelly is gonna come up...

Floyd Mayweather kinda has to be mentioned too, considering he's never actually lost.

10. Of all time? Wilt Chamberlain

Today? Nate Wolters

11. Jon Bones Jones all day ayy day!!!
    For those of you that don't know who he is he is the ufc pound for pound champ. Light heavy weight champ. Youngest Ufc champ of all time. Has only lost 1 fight and it was from DQ becuase of a 12to6 elbow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

12. Rhonda Rousey

I wouldnt f w/ her!

Sent from my iBlown using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

14. Lol respect

Sent from my iBlown using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Well bill Russell kind of dominated his sport I would say. A ring for every finger and a toe lol Pistol Pete Maravich totally dominated college basketball and still to this day is one of the best players in NCAA history. And obviously Wayne Gretzky. Duh.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

16. Year are just my thoughts
    NHL- Crosby
    NBA- Durant, 5,6 years ago hands down Kobe
    MLB- Trout or Cabrera idfk
    NFL- P. Manning he is in my opinion the poster American athlete

Also for motocross Ryan Villapoto or James Stewart. Both of them rape everybody every weekend

When it comes down to it, Phelps. He has the credentials and he smokes so.

17. Mayweather . Not a big fan of him but can't argue against his record.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Tom Brady- he turns shit receivers into star players. When Welker still played for the pats, he was a top 5 receiver. Now he's on the Broncos and his rank has dropped dramatically. And also, Brady led one of the greatest QB-WR combinations of all time: him and Randy Moss. They connected so well on the field and I really wish Moss stayed longer :( that combo kept the opposing defensive coordinators up all night!