Most dominant athlete in their sport?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Griffijuana, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Clayton Kershaw is absolutley dominating the MLB. He's so young yet he looks like a seasoned veteran mound just fooling hitters from both sides of the plate. Best pitcher since Maddux

2. I'd go with Mayweather easily as the most dominant. Bolt is close 2nd. Rafael Nadal, Rodger Federer, Calvin Johnson, Gronk, Jon Jones (cant wait til this weekend!) are up there as well.
    \t 

3. you guys ever here of Michael Jordan? Phelps? swimming a "sport?" As they say on espn, "C'mon man"! :laughing:

4. and what about Mohamed Ali?

5. #25 Rollie Fingers, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
    Cabreras the best player IMO......who the hell you gonna give that title too then? Baseballs different than what it was close to 100 years ago. Jus cuz he dont pitch he cant be considered the best player? lol He should have back to back triple crowns, but Chris Davis is hittin bombs everynight.

I get what your saying with the labeling of it......but hes best baseball player, possibly ever. Bob Gibson would prolly have trouble w him. Gibsons the reason why they lowered the pitchers mound in the 60s cuz of his dominance, jus FYI. If I had to choose 1 baseball player from the last 50 years to start a team.....Miggys your guy over a pitcher who jus plays once a week....

6. Pretty sure this thread was directed toward current athletes

7. LeBron without a doubt. He's won MVP 4 out of the last 5 years. The year he didn't win, I think everyone was a little butthurt over The Decision. (No offense to D.Rose, he's one hell of a player.) And now he's won two championships in a row. As for the most dominant player in their sport, I think it has to be him.

8. Kobes a rapist tho, so he prolly fuck the trash

9. I'd take many players over Cabrera.
    In fact, your avatar reminds me of one: Rickey Henderson.

10. LeBron James

11. Yeah actually now that I think of it, if I was starting a team....Trout would be my guy. And this is saying that you get that player when they're 23 or so

12. Usain Bolt, Jamaican 100 & 200meter sprinter. He's my man!

13. As much as I dislike him, Mayweather is the most dominant imo

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. oh fuck no! that fucking bitch only fights pussies, he's a paper champion, man.

As for other sports, I guess OP is talking currently playing athletes. I still think no one is as good as Michael Jordan in the NBA. I just haven't seen anyone play that was as spot-on as that dude was. But, currently playing, yeah lebron is the man. I haven't watched baseball in years, so I can't really comment. 

15. Thats a tough question, especially if you think about MMA.  In the UFC there are a few fighters who dominate their weight class, normally I'd Spider Silva for sure but he just lost, so I'd go with Jon Jones or Jose Aldo, although Ronda Rousey is holding it down in the ladies division, plus she's damn hot.

NFL is even more difficult, there are so many positions, both on offense and defense.  One player that stands out for me is Clay Matthews, that guy always comes out and performs, I'd say the best defensive player.  On offense idk really who I'd say.

NBA I've got to go with LeBron, both because of his amazing skill and the fact that I'm from Miami and that's my team.

I don't know any other sport that well so don't care about those.

16. How has no one said Tiger Woods yet??...

Sent from my LG-E971 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #37 LQ142, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
    Tiger Woods. By far. 

/thread

He has a 27% career winning percentage in a sport with 100+ competitors in the field every week. That is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Jack Nicklaus is considered the greatest of all time and his winning percentage is 13%. Just think about that for a second.

Mentioning people that participate in team sports isn't even fair. Baseball, basketball, football...it's a team sport. Your success somewhat depends on the talent around you

18. [​IMG]
     ​
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. the most dominant athlete in sports.

19. Floyd Mayweather is pretty damn dominant. I have the utmost respect for him as an athlete.

Honestly though he has one opponent once or twice a year. His record is very impressive but he doesn't even compare to Tiger IMO. People just don't respect golf because it's not physical in their eyes. Tiger has dominated everyone since he was a child.