Kshows Show

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Hey y'all. Put some soil in some solo cups, popped my seeds 1/4 in deep on August the 7th. Woke up this morning to all of them popped. I guess I should explain what I did to get them to pop. I took Jerry's advice.

Jerry111165, "Make up a mix of peat ((50%), worm castings (20%) and perlite (30%) and plant your seeds a quarter inch deep. Keep them moist or put a piece of Saran Wrap over the top until they pop thru the soil. Get them under the light." BTW, thanks again Jerry! 

I didn't put saran wrap on em', unfortunately I didn't have any. So I went the cheaper route. Still gettin my final grow room setup. So for now I got t 13 watt cfl's. I know, I know. The 13's ain't what we want, but it's all I have right now. I figured in a week or two I could throw them under my MH. I jus wanted to get my journal started, I'm off to get them under some light. And a gentle breeze blowin on em'! I'll post pictures when I'm finished. 

Thanks for joining a first timer on this lil adventure! 

2. Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. A couple only have a single leaf. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. looking good man! are they reg or femmed? what kind of set up you running?

5. Thanks AZ. Femmed Pineapple Express And One White Widow. I Got Two 18 Watt CFL'S And One 23 Watt, Gonna Run It Under This For A Week Or Two And Then Throw It Under A 400 MH. Thanks Again.

6. #6 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    Eyy... Thought I'd let the girls grow a lil before i posted another pic.12 days from planting, 7 days under light.  I jus recently started to water til runoff, and leave it alone for a couple days. This is not easy, seeing as I don't want it to dry out. It's a real balancing act! I got a lil yellow on the tips of 1-2 of the girls. Not sure if it's from over watering or not. 68 degrees, 56% humidity. Puttin together my grow closet as we speak. I can't remember when to transplant. I got 3 gallons smart pots that will be my only transplant. Also, blankin on when i get get em' under the MH. I'm thinkin another week. lol  I guess I got some refreshin to do! Let me know how they look! I've read and seen so much on this site. Hard to retain it all.
    Thanks for stoppin by.

Attached Files:

7. #7 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
    Well... Aint no one ever said growing was easy!  Lil gals are startin to turn yellow and wilt. I'm setting up my final grow room. Then I will be transplantin, hopefully givin these ladies a second chance at life!!  So 2 1/2 weeks from seed, 2 weeks under light. Seems like they've stopped growin. Idk if I over-watered. Under watered? I haven't a clue. Imma keep pluggin away and hope for the best! Have a good Monday! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEzTdBJUHO8   
    \tTake it easy-<span style="margin:0px;background-color:transparent;">Eagles</span>

8. #8 Chunk, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
    Looking good Kshow! Keep the updates coming!

Chunk

9. Kshow, have the seedlings turned around?

It really can't be the soil making them wilt - it's just peat with a little tad of castings and perlite right? This tells me that it may be a watering thing - maybe too wet?

J

10. Hey Jerry. Thanks for stoppin in. I'm transplanting tomorrow. Imma post pics. There hangin in there. All I can say. lol I figure once I get them in the Sips, I should be good on the waterin. Had a lil electrical box issues. All circuits on one box. OLD school box. So I had to ride my CFL's a lil longer than i wanted. Makin em' lil things, but that could be good that their stocky. Thanks!

Chunk - Thanks for stoppin in! Honestly, been kinda down bout the yellowin leaves. Prolly why I haven't updated too much. But I got my MH goin. Feelin good! Crossin my fingers!

11. #11 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Dec 19, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ

Shout out to Dumdumdummy, who posted on TT journal about gettin these vids workin! Many, many thanks! I'mma big youtube guy! So as my video suggests, Been gone for a minute. But i'm back. Haven't posted on here. Got some older photos, and some new ones. Gals are montsters. That may jus be from the fact that this is my first grow. But they are some big ladies. 

12. #12 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Dec 19, 2013
    9-24-13

Attached Files:

13. #13 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Dec 19, 2013
    12-18-13
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OEXbaJHDkE&list=PL29EC2218C0C1504E

Attached Files:

14. Holy shit dude..... when did you switch to flower?  Those are the same girls from August?  They are gonna be freakin crazy jungle monsters lol

15. #15 TroutTalker, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Looks like you have a mini jungle going on !!

Nice grow bro !!!

Like we were talking about over on my thread, I would definetly go in and clean out the bottoms of those gals once the stretch is over. Focus your energy on the tops..ya know what I am saying....
    Refresh my memory, what all are you running again?

16. #16 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Dec 19, 2013
    Yea.. Been Crazy, An It's Crazy!!  haha First timer shouldn't veg for more than 6 weeks. MAX!  Flipped to flower 2 weeks ago today. So like 4 1/2? Veg months..  Kinda bad at math.. They almost get unmanageable. But I'm tryin to keep em' in line!  Jus tryin to get em to the finish line..  I'm curious of what the yield may be too.. 

Thanks for stoppin in Gandalf_the_Green.

Haha, you live and learn. First runs there is always a learning curve ;)

A little training during veg and during the stretch will help you moving forward. Still looking good for a grow virgin bahaha

Subbed up...Let's grow !!!

18. They may be outgrowin there lil nook.. lol   May have to move em out into the room, but not really lookin forward to that. I like the idea of the plant focusing it's energy on the more established buds. Alot of lil leaves that are jus wastin energy. I'm runnin a 1000 watt HPS. Wonderin if I should the MH back in, seein how these ladies are gettin talll! Decisions...  Thanks for stoppin in man. I was bout to post a pic of the overgrown forest on your page. Saved me some time..   :smoke:

19. Wow dude.... how tall is the ceiling in your place? lol  You might need to start tying branches down if you can

20. I dont think they could get that tall, could they? haah.. They're kept in check by already outgrowin there pots. Its crazy. I don't think i mentioned that. Few weeks ago I Tp'ed em to 7 gallons. Roots were shootin through the bottom pretty quick after that. I think that may hinder em down the stretch. We shall see.